General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

ry_goody

What... didn't everything I say make logical sense?

If its an interdimensional probe that has limited energy supply and can manipulate some basic physical law, WHERE else could they inscribe a pattern than a wheat field? What would be better than a wheat field? Seriously.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you

It also made purely logical sense, before observation proved otherwise, that the world was flat. You drugged up nutjob.

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
It also made purely logical sense, before observation proved otherwise, that the world was flat. You drugged up nutjob.

And what allowed people to finally observe that the earth was round? There ability to get high.

But beside that. You relating the aliens means of communication to flat-earths is such an abstract comparison that it holds no pertinence. Your really making a stretch on that one.

ElectribeCyanide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
What... didn't everything I say make logical sense?

If its an interdimensional probe that has limited energy supply and can manipulate some basic physical law, WHERE else could they inscribe a pattern than a wheat field? What would be better than a wheat field? Seriously.

Ill say it loud and clear.

IT DOES NOT MAKE ANY LOGICAL SENSE YOU DOLT

ElectribeCyanide

Quote:
And what allowed people to finally observe that the earth was round? There ability to get high.

But beside that. You relating the aliens means of communication to flat-earths is such an abstract comparison that it holds no pertinence. Your really making a stretch on that one.

IT WAS THE REALIZATION THAT WHEN THEY SENT SHIPS TO THE END OF THE EARTH, IT DIDN'T END BUT THEY FOUND A WHOLE NEW CONTINENT. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH DRUGS YOU FUCKING IDIOT

Close the thread ry has gone off the complete deepend

Vendetta

Quote:

No you lunatic, your entire rant based completely on conjecture is a stretch.
And for the love of god, learn the proper usage of "there", "their", and "they're".

You are a pathetic fraud, and I'm ashamed of anyone that ever bothers to take you seriously. Luckily, practically no one does.

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
No you lunatic, your entire rant based completely on conjecture is a stretch.
And for the love of god, learn the proper usage of "there", "their", and "they're".

You are a pathetic fraud, and I'm ashamed of anyone that ever bothers to take you seriously. Luckily, practically no one does.

Please.

Like your explanation for the crop circle is any better.

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectribeCyanide View Post
Ill say it loud and clear.

IT DOES NOT MAKE ANY LOGICAL SENSE YOU DOLT

Yes it does.

ry_goody

Quote:
IT WAS THE REALIZATION THAT WHEN THEY SENT SHIPS TO THE END OF THE EARTH, IT DIDN'T END BUT THEY FOUND A WHOLE NEW CONTINENT. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH DRUGS YOU FUCKING IDIOT

I was talking about rocket ships

PopeKevinI

The difference between crop circles and the Aricebo message:

We provided (as best we could) a key for decoding the message. There is no indication of an observed key in the crop circles. Any intelligence attempting to communicate with a completely alien civilization is going to understand that their "words" will be incomprehensible, and try to express things as simply as possible. There's no "2+2=4" crop circle that gives us a basis for establishing how to at least begin to read the messages.

Vendetta

Quote:
Please.

Like your explanation for the crop circle is any better.

People that find my argument best:
Stanch
ElectribeCynaide

People that find your argument best:

I win the argument. Go console yourself in LSD, you pathetic fraud.

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Fuck retarded crop circles, let's talk about the Arecibo reply:

Mooninites

Making shit up = logic now apparently

And Ry, you argue that aliens would use english because they would obviously be able to become fluent in it. I have a couple problems with that:

1) We understand ancient languages because of similarities and comparisons with languages today. If these beings are interdimensional and that foreign, there's no basis for comparison and no reason they'd be able to come close to creating a translation between their language (if they have one) and English.
2) If they want to reach a majority of humans, why would they choose English and not, say, Mandarin?

Seriously ry, you should create a religion. I hear L. Ron's had good luck with that field.

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.

Quote:
Wow.

Just...

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.

Quote:

Umm... not really. Observations of a spherical Earth came about long before ships sailed past the known world. Almost all of it came from astronomy. The angle of the sun on a solstice, the height of constellations, the circular shadow of Earth during an eclipse...

If you're going to use giant text like a fucking moron, try to at least type something partially correct