General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooninites View Post
2) If they want to reach a majority of humans, why would they choose English and not, say, Mandarin?

Are you really asking this? Think about it you dolt... if the message was sent by English speaking people, then why the FUCK would the reply be in a language spoken by those on the other side of the world? The Chinese didn't send the message.

Are you really this stupid? If I sent you a letter would you send one back in Mandarin?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Mooninites

Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
Are you really asking this? Think about it you dolt... if the message was sent by English speaking people, then why the FUCK would the reply be in a language spoken by those on the other side of the world? The Chinese didn't send the message.

Are you really this stupid? If I sent you a letter would you send one back in Mandarin?

If you followed the thread I've been arguing the fucking CD you Ry said that the aliens wanted the majority of humans to read it. The majority of humans speak Mandarin. Are you really this stupid?

Fake edit: You actually believe the ry is spreading don't you

Quote:
If you followed the thread I've been arguing the fucking CD you Ry said that the aliens wanted the majority of humans to read it. The majority of humans speak Mandarin. Are you really this stupid?

Fake edit: You actually believe the ry is spreading don't you

Swing and a miss.

Let's try this again:

If the messenger speaks English, why would the response be in a different language?

Mooninites

Quote:
Swing and a miss.

Let's try this again:

If the messenger speaks English, why would the response be in a different language?
It wouldn't, I'm not arguing that. The messenger in this case is Alien

Edit: And just because I like to play devil's advocate, ever go try to talk to Balalas on the phone tech support?

ElectribeCyanide

Quote:
Umm... not really. Observations of a spherical Earth came about long before ships sailed past the known world. Almost all of it came from astronomy. The angle of the sun on a solstice, the height of constellations, the circular shadow of Earth during an eclipse...

If you're going to use giant text like a fucking moron, try to at least type something partially correct

I couldn't care less. The point was not to be accurate but to show there was other reasons for it to be found out.

And yes, now that you've reminded me, it was from astronomy and watching eclipses and the pull of the moon or whatever.. cool shit in all honesty.

And I was partially correct, because they couldn't really prove it was round only theorize based on observations, sailing the world and making it across N.A back over to the mainland was the physical proof.

But yea who cares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectribeCyanide View Post
I couldn't care less. The point was not to be accurate but to show there was other reasons for it to be found out.

And yes, now that you've reminded me, it was from astronomy and watching eclipses and the pull of the moon or whatever.. cool shit in all honesty.

And I was partially correct, because they couldn't really prove it was round only theorize based on observations, sailing the world and making it across N.A back over to the mainland was the physical proof.

But yea who cares.

The physical proof was when Eratosthenes calculated the circumference of the earth with two sticks.

I know your point was to show that it wasn't drug related, but I don't care. It's the pit, and I'm feeling randy.

usemytoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
Seriously if you had a spaceship and lots of technology, going around and grafiti-ing on the side of other planets would probably be an ideal hobby. Didn't you ever play that game Spore?

UTRocketMan

Damnit your first post was half decent and then you went to drugs.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

I took 2 things away from this thread..

1. Some crop circle makers are better at what they do than others
2. See #1

wait..is the argument that humans aren't making all the crop circles?

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

(907)COK-GOBLR

god you're seriously worse than joepits. I thought that he was as retarded as you, but at least he learned to shut the fuck up about his incoherent ramblings, which you haven't picked up on yet.

ry_goody

Quote:
Making shit up = logic now apparently

And Ry, you argue that aliens would use english because they would obviously be able to become fluent in it. I have a couple problems with that:

1) We understand ancient languages because of similarities and comparisons with languages today. If these beings are interdimensional and that foreign, there's no basis for comparison and no reason they'd be able to come close to creating a translation between their language (if they have one) and English.
2) If they want to reach a majority of humans, why would they choose English and not, say, Mandarin?

Seriously ry, you should create a religion. I hear L. Ron's had good luck with that field.

logic is something someone just made up...

1) I don't know, theres so many variables one could ponder with there I don't know If I would want to... There message wasn't very fluent though, more like stapled together statements. I'm sure we could do that with archaic languages ourselves.
2) The internet is primarily in English, and the internet would get it to more people. Also, I would assume English speaking countries are in more dire need of, or can better utilize, the message.

Last edited by ry_goody; 12-29-2008 at 02:33 AM..

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
People that find my argument best:
Stanch
ElectribeCynaide

People that find your argument best:

I win the argument. Go console yourself in LSD, you pathetic fraud.

Thats a good list of credentials

You win nothing. Your doing the Christian thing where you go "Look at all the people who think the same thing as me, I must be right". While negating simple logical thought process. No, I don't know what exactly the thing is, no one does, but there is something to be said for it.

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by (907)FAN-BOY View Post
god you're seriously worse than joepits. I thought that he was as retarded as you, but at least he learned to shut the fuck up about his incoherent ramblings, which you haven't picked up on yet.

what do you mean. This has nothing to do with JoePits.

6x9e42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
Thats a good list of credentials

I win nothing. I do the New Age thing where you go "Look at all the people who think nothing like me, I must be right. Being different is the same as being right". While negating simple logical thought process. No, I don't know what exactly the thing is, no one does, so I can make up something proposterous.
fixt

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
I took 2 things away from this thread..

1. Some crop circle makers are better at what they do than others
2. See #1

wait..is the argument that humans aren't making all the crop circles?

Of course it is

(it was LSD using space hippies)