Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6x9e42 View Post
fixt

I used more logic than Vendetta.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

ElectribeCyanide

The only thing you had more of was fantasy based ramblings with no logic or connection to your points or whatever that garbage was.

Someone should post that GIANT retard picture puking retards and spam everything this fucking idiot posts.

ElectribeCyanide

By the way, I really didn't think they allowed long term patients to use the internet but I guess they can't do too much harm rambling away.

Ry reminds me of a dumber, more mentally retarded brad pitt in 12 monkeys.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
what do you mean. This has nothing to do with JoePits.

Of course not. It's all about Brad Pitt

PopeKevinI

Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
Umm... not really. Observations of a spherical Earth came about long before ships sailed past the known world. Almost all of it came from astronomy. The angle of the sun on a solstice, the height of constellations, the circular shadow of Earth during an eclipse...

The first scientific observations on the curvature of the earth that I know of came not from astronomy, but from two sticks stuck in dirt.

PopeKevinI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
Fuck retarded crop circles, let's talk about the Arecibo reply

...it was almost certainly a hoax. Why carve a dubious crop circle in reply to a radio transmission?

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you

Quote:
I used more logic than Vendetta.

You poor pathetic nutjob...

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeKevinI View Post
...it was almost certainly a hoax. Why carve a dubious crop circle in reply to a radio transmission?

Arecibo reply had nothing to do with crop circles IIRC..but yeah, it was most likely a hoax.

edit: nm:

Quote:
In case some of you don't know about the Arecibo message, it was a radio message that was beamed into space at a ceremony to mark the remodeling of the Arecibo radio telescope in 1974. Dr. Frank Drake, then at Cornell University and creator of the famous Drake equation, wrote the message, with help from the late Carl Sagan, among others. Here is a picture of the Arecibo Message sent from man to the aliens. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...bo_message.png It was thought that it would take more than 25,000 years for anyone to responde to the message. But suprise-suprise http://www.circlemakers.org/totc2001.html the "Arecibo Reply" was found in the form of a crop circle in England. My question is dose anyone think this might be a hoax? Is this the real deal or what?
Moving on, the "Wow!" signal, was it a legitimate attempt by extraterrestrial life to contact humans, or was it a terrestrial radio signal reflected back to Earth by way of a large celestial object?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wow!_signal

Malakai

Fun read! I don't know what causes them but I have never believed it was just a bunch of pranksters, perfect complex geometric shapes by a bunch of drunk kids or something? Right..

Soybomb

Quote:
Landing a ship down and marching out an army of martians is some fantasy from a 1970's sci fi flick. Theres no reason to assume it would happen like a 1970's sci-fi flick at all. Why would they watch one of our movies and they do it exactly like that? That seems MORE absurd to me.
You do realize that while you call that absurd, you're falling victim to the same fault that nearly all alien sci-fi does and anthropomorphizing the aliens right? You're not only ascribing things like humor to them but expecting their behavior to be human in several ways. It is a fine fantasy but it doesn't do anything to support your idea.

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeKevinI View Post
The first scientific observations on the curvature of the earth that I know of came not from astronomy, but from two sticks stuck in dirt.

Aristotle's spherical earth theory (based on constellations) pre dates the two sticks from Eratosthenes by around a century.

What the hell are you talking about?

(907)COK-GOBLR

Quote:
what do you mean. This has nothing to do with JoePits.

It has everything to do with Joepits. You and Joepits are like two retarded drugged out trolls, except the sad part is you both actually believe the shit you talk about. If he hadn't coined the stupid crystal yet, I'm sure you'd be all over it.

PopeKevinI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
Moving on, the "Wow!" signal, was it a legitimate attempt by extraterrestrial life to contact humans, or was it a terrestrial radio signal reflected back to Earth by way of a large celestial object?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wow!_signal

From a quick bit of reading, I get the impression that not many experts think it was a terrestrial signal.

Could be a lot of things:

- A burst or stream from a natural source that arrived here by some fluke; maybe the source is erratic or rogue, or maybe things have to be perfectly aligned.

- An artificial signal that similarly arrived by a one-in-a-trillion chance alignment.

- Someone else's version of the Aricebo signal. Pity we don't seem to have the content of the signal, only the strength.

Millions
Genmay Art Gawd

Yeah, it's fake dude. Sorry. Just some dudes with some planks of wood, rope and some design sense.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I bet a few of these have several days worth of work involved in them, though...which is probably why no one has duplicated it in 24 hours like you claim... Who you going to believe? Farmer Bill? "It just appeared in the middle of the night!" Yeah, he's totally credible.
Hey Charlie Murphy! Arrrgh! You darkness, you black, midnight, evil mother------, black magic, darkness, you raw...darkness, you, -------, delirious mother-------, argh! You were cold as ice! ---- your couch! I'm Rick James, bitch!

Internets LOL

Everyone has something that makes me crazy...as retarded as this sounds, I think a few of the crop circles might have been made by aliens. The ones that are geometrically perfect, where the grain/wheat/whatever aren't broken, and where the area is radioactive. I haven't been able to find a reasonable explanation for how of those are made. I was reading a post on another message board that was written by a mechanical engineering. He was talking about how difficult it is to draw some of the more complex crop circles by hand...he posted a picture of how many reference lines he needed and how many hours it took to draw on a small sheet of paper. I can't remember which design it was, but it would be impossible to scale up to the size of a corn field, let alone with any reasonable accuracy...the design in question was before the age of consumer GPS, I believe. Add in the way the corn or whatever was bent down, and the residing radioactivity, and it's pretty fucking impossible for any human to make it.