General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Internets LOL

Ok, I found the post...the guy was an architect major, but the point still stands...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk_196 View Post
It must really have something to do with me being an architecture major up until this year, but the amount of guides and construction lines you have to draw in order to make this shapes is simply too much. You have obviously never had any manual drafting experience because you don't seem to understand the depth that these drawings would take, even on paper.

This is a reconstruction of a rather tame looking crop circle on paper, with guidelines shown. Keep in mind you HAVE to use these lines to form any of the shapes, otherwise it would look like an utter mess.

Each one of those arcs requires a different center point. More places that you would have to hold the rope and spin in circles, and more places where its easy to screw up.

Looking at that circle, it would be easy to pass it off as "simplistic". After all, its just a shape inside two circles, right?

If the designs become more complex, the pre-drawing work required becomes exponentially more complex.

Think about how you would draw these... Wait, you wouldn't know where to start.

(thats a visual of a magnetic field people believe)

This one has 44 spirals that obey the golden ratio (yes, the same thing the Greeks obsessed over). Simply drawing the damn thing on paper is near impossible.

Try doing it 44 times, in a single night, in complete darkness (really, how much lighting do you think giant crops have?)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Internets LOL

The guy explains way better than I can, so I'll copy a few more of his posts, just for thought.

Quote:
It would be a possibility if the hoaxes actually had some merit to them. There are just too many problems and inconsistencies with the hoax idea to be a credible explanation to them. Why are the crops in proven hoaxes broken, crushed and killed? Why do most of the plants in the unproven hoax circles continue to grow, often much larger than their surrounding plants?

Why do the unproven-fakes have interlaced stalks?

Why then, if these are all fake, are some of the less-mature plants and non-crop species (i.e. red poppies) left standing when all around them is flattened crop?

Why then, if these are all fake, are the plants bent at the knuckles along the stalks?

Why then, if these are all fake, do the knuckles sometime undergo damage ("explosion cavities") similar to when exposed to microwave radiation?

How then, if these are all fake, did a crop circle form in an active minefield at Salisbury Plain?

How have there been accounts of circles forming on property monitored by 24hr security? (with no intruders). This happened to Andrew Lloyd Webber on his property at Kingsclere. His security men had only apprehended a research team who came to study the circle and no one else. Webber (a skeptic) burst into tears when he heard that there were no hoaxers.

There are just too many inconsistencies and problems when you use the "hoaxers made them all" explanation. I have not even gotten into the phenomenal geometric accuracy of the geometry behind genuine circles.

Internets LOL

Another good post...

Quote:
Mathematics... the non-hoaxed circles obey theorems based on Euclid's principles of geometry. The hoaxed ones try to and fail.

The white is the crop circle's lines. The black is the design according to Euclidean Geometry principles.

It LOOKS convincing, but it doesn't hold up to scrupulation, whereas all of the true circles do, and within 1% tolerance I might add..
Quote:
Or are there instances of circles happening in non agricultural fields, such as grasslands? I have never seen a picture of one. All photos of crop circles are in fields devoted to agriculture with irrigation.
There have been reports of circles in all sorts of fields...

"... Most appear in wheat, barley and oil-seed rape, but they have also been reported in rye, oats, flax, maize, sugar cane, peas, potatoes, sunflowers, grass, fruit orchards, rice paddies, snow, and ice."
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep.../cropcirc1.htm

There is probably more info out there but you can go search for it if you are genuinely interested.

Quote:
The irrigation is of key importance, because this how people get into the center of the field without leaving a trace of their movements. Irrigation lines run in dirt tracks which run in straight lines, as the lines themselves run on giant metal wheels. When you enter a tall grass field you can follow the path a person takes. But, if a person follows the dirt irrigation track, they only leave footprints which could be attributed to people working in the fields. If you know the distance between tracks, you have a makeshift Cartesian plane to create your patterns in.

If a crop circle occurred in a non agricultural tall grass field without irrigation and without a path of bent grass leading into some point of the circle, it might have some credibility as being the result of something other than human....unless they used a helicopter. The helicopter parts sounds out there, but then again people will go to extreme lengths to pull of a hoax. Especially a hoax like this; crop circles requires a great amount off time and effort to pull off, so why not pull of the ultimate one?
In Canada, they forgo the use of tractors in place of planes which spray the fields from above, thus there is no easy access to the fields, yet circles still appear. What about circles where the center is left untouched?

The center was said to be 20 ft into undisturbed crop.

What about circles that form on rainy nights, and there is no mud on the downed plants when farmers go to see the crop the next day?

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
You poor pathetic nutjob...

You can't even begin to explain why I am a nutjob.

This is because you know I am not a nutjob and generally speaking, I am typically correct.

So instead of having to actually think and come up with real thoughts and reasons, it's easier for you to just CENSOR me from your brain with the label NUTJOB.

It's just like how the Christians would label people HERECTIC or WITCH and think that completely justifies them not having to take into the truths which those people spoke.

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by (907)FAN-BOY View Post
It has everything to do with Joepits. You and Joepits are like two retarded drugged out trolls, except the sad part is you both actually believe the shit you talk about. If he hadn't coined the stupid crystal yet, I'm sure you'd be all over it.

theres alot of truth in the crystal thing. I have some quartz I use in meditation.

and I would make posts about crystals....

but honestly I think the only way the majority of you could become sensitive to percieve the energies of the crystals is if you were on LSD or mushrooms... or some really good weed. And make a take drugs and play with crystals thread would be kind of pointless. So I don't.

Last edited by ry_goody; 12-30-2008 at 06:20 PM..

ry_goody

Those are all good posts Internets LOL, didn't even know all that myself.

ElectribeCyanide

The point Vendetta was trying to make RY was that if you had come across like the posts done by the mechanical engineer in LoL's Posts then we could actually use reality, scientific knowledge and logic to discuss the hypothesis or decisions instead of talking about drug aliens spray painting wheat fields.

If you take a reality based argument on your topics of discussion maybe you wouldn't spend 90% of your time arguing your sanity and intellectual capacity.

Nutshell? Stop rambling on about your fantasy delusions and base it off of real scientific backings.

Internets LOL: That's fucking awesome and actually makes me think and want to look into it more

Millions
Genmay Art Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internets LOL View Post
The guy explains way better than I can, so I'll copy a few more of his posts, just for thought.

It must really have something to do with me being an architecture major up until this year, but the amount of guides and construction lines you have to draw in order to make this shapes is simply too much. You have obviously never had any manual drafting experience because you don't seem to understand the depth that these drawings would take, even on paper.

This is a reconstruction of a rather tame looking crop circle on paper, with guidelines shown. Keep in mind you HAVE to use these lines to form any of the shapes, otherwise it would look like an utter mess.

Each one of those arcs requires a different center point. More places that you would have to hold the rope and spin in circles, and more places where its easy to screw up.

Looking at that circle, it would be easy to pass it off as "simplistic". After all, its just a shape inside two circles, right?

If the designs become more complex, the pre-drawing work required becomes exponentially more complex.

Think about how you would draw these... Wait, you wouldn't know where to start.

(thats a visual of a magnetic field people believe)

This one has 44 spirals that obey the golden ratio (yes, the same thing the Greeks obsessed over). Simply drawing the damn thing on paper is near impossible.

Try doing it 44 times, in a single night, in complete darkness (really, how much lighting do you think giant crops have?)

Soooo....what this guy is saying is that humans, with all our knowledge of architecture, engineering and physics...the same human beings that have constructed giant buildings of metal and glass that are architectural triumphs couldn't possibly create a big pattern in the middle of a wheat field.

I mean, I know these things look uber complicated and well designed...but shit, my wrist watch is an engineering marvel comprised of tiny gears and cogs that mesh together with mathematical precision...and yet a crop circle by human hands is impossible?

Sorry, these circles are man-made. I don't know how they do it, but I also don't know how that douche David Blane stood on a 50 ft. tall pillar in the middle of Times Square....just another example of a creative mind with way too much time on their hands.
Hey Charlie Murphy! Arrrgh! You darkness, you black, midnight, evil mother------, black magic, darkness, you raw...darkness, you, -------, delirious mother-------, argh! You were cold as ice! ---- your couch! I'm Rick James, bitch!

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectribeCyanide View Post
The point Vendetta was trying to make RY was that if you had come across like the posts done by the mechanical engineer in LoL's Posts then we could actually use reality, scientific knowledge and logic to discuss the hypothesis or decisions instead of talking about drug aliens spray painting wheat fields.

If you take a reality based argument on your topics of discussion maybe you wouldn't spend 90% of your time arguing your sanity and intellectual capacity.

Nutshell? Stop rambling on about your fantasy delusions and base it off of real scientific backings.

Internets LOL: That's fucking awesome and actually makes me think and want to look into it more

I don't do the science thing anymore. Theres far too much out there that science can't touch.

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you

Correct. Crop circles are interesting questions, potentially interesting phenomenon. Drugged up hippie aliens flying around the galaxy "tagging" corn fields with intergalactic graffiti for shits and giggles, are not.

He's just a pathetic fraud, and a terrific idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectribeCyanide View Post

ElectribeCyanide

RY GOODY:

Then you go and complain about everyone owning your stupid fucking retarded monkey ass when you ramble on.

IF YOU DON'T POST LOGICAL BASED REALITY TOPICS ON GENERAL MAYHEM YOU WILL LOOK LIKE A COMPLETE FUCKING MORON OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

DON'T YOU WONDER WHY THERE'S A RETARD AVATAR UNDER YOUR NAME?

Holy Crap.

I worked with a guy like you, he rambled on about warlocks and how crows were the devil and how god hated religion and salvation came from magik. People like you and him will continue on in your fantasy life as reality continues and you are left alone in some ward as a nurse helps you to regulate your prescription drug intake.

ElectribeCyanide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
I don't do the science thing anymore. Theres far too much out there that science can't touch.

Oh yea. And here's some philosophical mumbo jumbo for you.

It might be nice to go where science can't touch, but If you don't have your toes on the ground you'll get lost in the sky.

And if you're too retarded to decipher that. Fantasy based hypothesis are great, but if you don't keep your head based within reality you can get lost and never come back.

vinnie
OH MY GOD!!! I LOVE SUCKING COCK!!!!!

Quote:
Furthermore, she felt that the team's use of night vision headsets and other technologically advanced items would be out of reach for the average hoaxer.[35]
Yeah... because gen 1 and 2 NVG are so expensive... I mean, it is not like you can buy that stuff on ebay for a couple of hundred right?

http://shop.ebay.com/items/__night-v...=p3286.c0.m104

Oh wait. There are kids toys out there for under a $100 that do the job. All on ebay.
.......v.

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millions View Post
Soooo....what this guy is saying is that humans, with all our knowledge of architecture, engineering and physics...the same human beings that have constructed giant buildings of metal and glass that are architectural triumphs couldn't possibly create a big pattern in the middle of a wheat field.

I mean, I know these things look uber complicated and well designed...but shit, my wrist watch is an engineering marvel comprised of tiny gears and cogs that mesh together with mathematical precision...and yet a crop circle by human hands is impossible?

Sorry, these circles are man-made. I don't know how they do it, but I also don't know how that douche David Blane stood on a 50 ft. tall pillar in the middle of Times Square....just another example of a creative mind with way too much time on their hands.

So a magician is doing it...

Do you think david copperfield really made a train dissapear.

Millions
Genmay Art Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
theres alot of truth in the crystal thing. I have some quartz I use in meditation.

and I would make posts about crystals....

but honestly I think the only way the majority of you could become sensitive to percieve the energies of the crystals is if you were on LSD or mushrooms... or some really good weed. And make a take drugs and play with crystals thread would be kind of pointless. So I don't.

End of thread.
Hey Charlie Murphy! Arrrgh! You darkness, you black, midnight, evil mother------, black magic, darkness, you raw...darkness, you, -------, delirious mother-------, argh! You were cold as ice! ---- your couch! I'm Rick James, bitch!