General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Eagle View Post
Funny, that's what the US did when it was busy getting it's dick sucked by dictators who where just as brutal as Saddam in the Americas and Asia. Saddam wasn't especially dangerous, he just provided a convenient backdrop for Americans to pretend like they were fighting a moral war.
Once again, what does every meglomaniac dictator in backwater of the world have to do with why I felt that something would go down in Iraq sooner or later? I'm not debating right or wrong, (I didn't understand the timing of the Iraq invasion but knew something would happen) someone simply asked me why I believed an Iraq invasion was inevitable and I suggested learning more about the history of Iraq starting with Saddam Hussein taking power and his actions since then.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Giordano_Bruno

Error: 404: WMD not found.

Now millions must die.

axelsharp
pwned

Latale GP

lol

axelsharp
pwned

lol

axelsharp
pwned

lolol

axelsharp
pwned

asdasd

axelsharp
pwned

adasdasasd

axelsharp
pwned

adsdsdasds

axelsharp
pwned

asdsd

axelsharp
pwned

dasdasdasd

axelsharp
pwned

asdasdasdasd

axelsharp
pwned

dasdsadadasdasdas

Bukkakeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Once again, what does every meglomaniac dictator in backwater of the world have to do with why I felt that something would go down in Iraq sooner or later? I'm not debating right or wrong, (I didn't understand the timing of the Iraq invasion but knew something would happen) someone simply asked me why I believed an Iraq invasion was inevitable and I suggested learning more about the history of Iraq starting with Saddam Hussein taking power and his actions since then.

It has everything to do with the kind of threat they pose to the U.S.

You say we would have had to invade iraq sooner or later.

Why is iraq special here?
Why not Iran, why not Uganda, why not Zimbabwe, why not North Korea why not any other country ruled by a dictator?

this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukkakeboy View Post
It has everything to do with the kind of threat they pose to the U.S.

You say we would have had to invade iraq sooner or later.

Why is iraq special here?
Why not Iran, why not Uganda, why not Zimbabwe, why not North Korea why not any other country ruled by a dictator?
Were you in diapers in the early 90's and completely unaware of what was going down in the region in the years since the gulf war? As already mentioned in this thread, the gulf war of 91 didn't end with an occupation of victorious forces or a treaty of any kind...simply a cease fire and heavy UN sanctions on Iraq that were essentially enforced by the US/UK since none of the other coalition countries had the military capability to maintain this for years on end. Fighter jets enforcing the UN mandated "no fly zone" were regularly painted by Iraqi anti-aircraft and even fired on frequently, along with occasional artillery fire across the border...and such incidents were increasing leading up to Saddam kicking out the UN weapons inspector in 03.

Unless I was asleep or too busy playing with hotwheels and barbie dolls during this period...I don't recall anything similar with Iran, Uganda, Zimbabwe or North Korea. That would make the Iraq thing a little special wouldn't it?

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

sls4ak

When W. was seeking support in the Republican Primary against John McCain he promised regime change in Iraq. It was no different than all of us have seen in our home towns where the spoiled brat of a wealthy businessman ruins daddy’s business, by over expanding to show that he is a bigger man than his daddy was. W. said as much when he said: (paraphrase) “Saddam is a bad guy he tried to kill my dad.”
W. always viewed the conclusion of the Gulf War as the single biggest mistake of his father’s presidency. That is what made the return to Iraq inevitable. The rest of the atrocities committed by the W. Bush regime stems from the Rumsfeld, Cheney experience with Gerald Ford.
I believe that Gerald Ford had a mostly uneventful term because of clandestine ops that he felt were needed to allow the country to heal after Watergate. Cheney thought that those extraordinary measures should be at the disposal of the President regardless of the circumstances.
The abuses that Cheney used are unforgivable. Why his daughters and wife were allowed to reap the benefits that they did, why he was allowed to feather the nests of his friends and his own coffers to the extent that he was is unexplainable. He should have been sent to The Hague to face war crimes trial. Scooter Libby should have been sent to Guantanamo for interrogation. By truly cleaning house of the evildoers from the W. Days the U.S. would have much more rapidly returned to it’s place of honor in the World.