General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

BoxyBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
. No one gives a fuck what he has to say and all he'll do is give Jon Stewart more material.

Sort of like you.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
Promises aside, you and those people getting a tax increase are still going to be paying significantly less overall if a public option exists.

Not according to the GAO

SemperFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxyBrown View Post
Sort of like you.

yeah, I'm a regular target on the daily show

totally

chuckybob
Mario raped Peach in her fuzzy spot while twisting and twirling his mustache sexylike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxyBrown View Post
Sort of like you.

i didnt know flynavy writes for the daily show

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Not according to the GAO

So every other industrialized nation on earth can pull it off, but not the United States? Not the world's only superpower? Somehow you think gouging insurance companies that drop coverage at the drop of a hat for excuse XYZ so they don't have to pay their policy holders is somehow going to save you money down the road? You think that a for profit insurance organization is somehow going to give you a better deal than a government plan that is willing to operate at a loss instead of leave you to your own devices in the event of a serious medical issue?

I dunno, everyone else in the world seems to be able to do this. I'd like to think the US isn't THAT much different. I find it a bit hard to believe that the American government is completely unable to study what everyone else is doing and figure out a way to make it work. I also find it confusing that so many Americans seem content on defending an insurance industry that charges them unfairly high rates and leaves them out to dry when the bill comes in.

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush

Quote:
Hmm last time I looked the IRS was not an enforcement agency for private insurance companies.

Insurance companies did not promise not to increase taxes on those making less than X dollars and then tax everything else that those people use to hide the tax.

But then again. I didn't make the cartoon. I was just explaining its premise.

I do have to say one thing though, I do find it a bit ironic that the "we wont tax the poor" party is essentially increasing taxes on the poor. Wasn't the initial idea to force the rich to pay for everyone?

Intuitiv

Quote:
I do have to say one thing though, I do find it a bit ironic that the "we wont tax the poor" party is essentially increasing taxes on the poor. Wasn't the initial idea to force the rich to pay for everyone?

We should bring back aristocracy with nobles and peasants IMO

TheMorlock

Quote:
So every other industrialized nation on earth can pull it off, but not the United States? Not the world's only superpower? Somehow you think gouging insurance companies that drop coverage at the drop of a hat for excuse XYZ so they don't have to pay their policy holders is somehow going to save you money down the road? You think that a for profit insurance organization is somehow going to give you a better deal than a government plan that is willing to operate at a loss instead of leave you to your own devices in the event of a serious medical issue?

I dunno, everyone else in the world seems to be able to do this. I'd like to think the US isn't THAT much different. I find it a bit hard to believe that the American government is completely unable to study what everyone else is doing and figure out a way to make it work. I also find it confusing that so many Americans seem content on defending an insurance industry that charges them unfairly high rates and leaves them out to dry when the bill comes in.

Primus: Every other industrialized nation is not pulling it off. If they were their politicians would not go to the US to get surgeries they would die waiting for in their own country.

Secundus: Every other industrialized nation does not have the other expenditures the US has.

Tertius: The government run health care in the US is already a failure. Expanding it will only make it take everything else down with it.

Bukkakeboy

Quote:
Primus: Every other industrialized nation is not pulling it off. If they were their politicians would not go to the US to get surgeries they would die waiting for in their own country.
Bull
Shit
This is polemic bs, get out.
Sure some "Politicians" choose to do that, but you aren't gonna die waiting for surgeries.
Esp if you have money, as you can buy surgeries you don't want to wait in line for from private clinics (which are subsidized so you don't even need a lot of money to get it done usually).
Your argument is invalid.

Quote:
Secundus: Every other industrialized nation does not have the other expenditures the US has.
And this one could maybe do something with?
First suggestion, less money for the armed forces.
Quote:
Tertius: The government run health care in the US is already a failure. Expanding it will only make it take everything else down with it.
I'm not saying this bill is good, it isn't. But for gods sake, this could have been done a lot better.
There was nothing inherently (except a fucked political system) problematic with making a great bill.
Mainly thanks to partisanism and corrupt politicians the end result is a shitty bill.

USA! USA! USA!

this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukkakeboy View Post
Bull
Shit
This is polemic bs, get out.
Sure some "Politicians" choose to do that, but you aren't gonna die waiting for surgeries.
Esp if you have money, as you can buy surgeries you don't want to wait in line for from private clinics (which are subsidized so you don't even need a lot of money to get it done usually).
Your argument is invalid.

I'm not saying this bill is good, it isn't. But for gods sake, this could have been done a lot better.
There was nothing inherently (except a fucked political system) problematic with making a great bill.
Mainly thanks to partisanism and corrupt politicians the end result is a shitty bill.

USA! USA! USA!

Sorry oh clueless one the average wait time for certain life saving surgeries in Canada is longer than the average life expectancy. Surgeries you can get in under a week in the US.

And then we have The Netherlands

http://heart.bmj.com/content/81/6/593.abstract

Now tell me again how the other countries are pulling it off.

I have recently had two co workers have heart attacks. Find them laying down unconscious severity. They had their surgeries overnight with stents installed and were back to work in less than 2 weeks.

Last edited by TheMorlock; 01-18-2010 at 03:21 AM..

Coqui

Quote:
Sorry oh clueless one the average wait time for certain life saving surgeries in Canada is longer than the average life expectancy. Surgeries you can get in under a week in the US.

And then we have The Netherlands

http://heart.bmj.com/content/81/6/593.abstract

Now tell me again how the other countries are pulling it off.

I have recently had two co workers have heart attacks. Find them laying down unconscious severity. They had their surgeries overnight with stents installed and were back to work in less than 2 weeks.

We already know Canada's system sucks, but they aren't the only system out there.

France has little to no wait times for their care.

topcat989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
We already know Canada's system sucks, but they aren't the only system out there.

and their care is first rate without going more and more red (deficit), right?

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post

What part of THE NETHERLANDS link did you not understand?

SemperFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukkakeboy View Post

y'know, something I completely agree with

pull troops out of other countries and stop spending our defense budget to protect europe, japan and the middle east

Patriotic Eagle

All joking aside though George Bush started a war based on lies that resulted in the death of a million people, left millions homeless, severely mentally/physically disabled, and retired to a life of opulence, occasionally spending time on humanitarian efforts like Haiti to be lauded as a compassionate man. Hope this clears things up OP some people haven't been straightforward with you.