General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
oleo
I LOVE EUROPE!!
 
oleo's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post


yes
__________________
60a920598bfcb40a59f77199f2b7cdaf [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Official [M] E46 Club Member
I am the apple of yangachi's eye.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:24 PM oleo is offline  
Reply With Quote
#121  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

oleo
I LOVE EUROPE!!
 
oleo's Avatar
 
__________________
60a920598bfcb40a59f77199f2b7cdaf [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Official [M] E46 Club Member
I am the apple of yangachi's eye.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:24 PM oleo is offline  
Reply With Quote
#122  

tanner9072
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Eagle View Post
All joking aside though George Bush started a war based on lies that resulted in the death of a million people, left millions homeless, severely mentally/physically disabled, and retired to a life of opulence, occasionally spending time on humanitarian efforts like Haiti to be lauded as a compassionate man. Hope this clears things up OP some people haven't been straightforward with you.

no president, except george w. bush, has ever done anything wrong.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:04 AM tanner9072 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#123  

Jason
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner9072 View Post
no president, except george w. bush, has ever done anything wrong.

And wars have only been declared under Republican presidents and Republican controlled congresses.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:53 PM Jason is offline  
Reply With Quote
#124  

chuckybob
Mario raped Peach in her fuzzy spot while twisting and twirling his mustache sexylike
 
chuckybob's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner9072 View Post
no president, except george w. bush, has ever done anything wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
And wars have only been declared under Republican presidents and Republican controlled congresses.


well if other presidents have done it, its totally ok then!
Old 02-18-2010, 01:10 PM chuckybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
#125  

Runding
 
Runding's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
And wars have only been declared under Republican presidents and Republican controlled congresses.

And only Republicans screw up amirite
__________________
aa1ce3c1c9744c586fa4d28e62ff485b
Old 02-18-2010, 01:14 PM Runding is offline  
Reply With Quote
#126  

Jason
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runding View Post
And only Republicans screw up amirite

Of course... the Democrats are perfect, so since there exists nothing other than a Republican or Democrat it would inherently imply that the Republicans are the only ones that screw up.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:56 PM Jason is offline  
Reply With Quote
#127  

Rezarecter
 
any time a democrat fucks up it's because "i walked into this mess"
__________________
6f3706e9996c5a86071433d3eb7e08bf [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:00 PM Rezarecter is offline  
Reply With Quote
#128  

Patriotic Eagle
 
Patriotic Eagle's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
Because being poor and black completely absolves one of any responsibility whatsoever in making decisions.
That's not what I'm saying at all. Pointing out the racism in his argument isn't the equivalent to your dumbass strawman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
As long as you promise not to hurt the feelings of volunteer muslim murderers.
You don't even have a defense for the US military, it's just another shitty equivalency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
Even if that violence was completely unrelated. Oh but wait, when a foreign country invades, killing someone because he owed you money can be totally blamed on that country.
The US systematically destroyed the Iraqi government, had no concrete plans for it's replacement, and banned everyone who was a "baathist" (i.e. anyone with bureaucratic, police, military, or political experience) from holding a government job or participating in elections, so yes I'd say they are at least somewhat responsible.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:35 PM Patriotic Eagle is offline  
Reply With Quote
#129  

Patriotic Eagle
 
Patriotic Eagle's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner9072 View Post
no president, except george w. bush, has ever done anything wrong.

All of them have, but this thread is specifically about George W. Bush. Rolling your eyes when someone doesn't mention every other President who was a mass murdering piece of shit isn't much of a defense.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:38 PM Patriotic Eagle is offline  
Reply With Quote
#130  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Eagle View Post
That's not what I'm saying at all. Pointing out the racism in his argument isn't the equivalent to your dumbass strawman.
Yes it is. That's what you always say. Anything even remotely resembling holding minorities responsible for their own decisions is viewed in your eyes as racism. You don't actually understand what racism is, you just think it's a neat word to throw around in an argument because you think it gives you the moral high ground.
Quote:
You don't even have a defense for the US military, it's just another shitty equivalency.
Sure I do. Some people need to be killed.
Quote:

The US systematically destroyed the Iraqi government, had no concrete plans for it's replacement, and banned everyone who was a "baathist" (i.e. anyone with bureaucratic, police, military, or political experience), so yes I'd say they are at least somewhat responsible.
But you turn "somewhat responsible" into "solely responsible". Because those baathists would have done such a great job. Hey, we just kicked the British off our shores! What now? Let's hire Brits to run everything, they're totally trustworthy now.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:39 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#131  

Rezarecter
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Eagle View Post
All of them have, but this thread is specifically about George W. Bush. Rolling your eyes when someone doesn't mention every other President who was a mass murdering piece of shit isn't much of a defense.

maybe people aren't putting up "much of a defense", because every attack you've thrown has been poor and there's really no need to defend it.
__________________
6f3706e9996c5a86071433d3eb7e08bf [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:47 PM Rezarecter is offline  
Reply With Quote
#132  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
Patriotic Eagle takes the whole "blame the US" thing way too far, but I think there's some validity in pointing out that the US does face some blame for US actions that result in widespread lawlessness and violence. If we went and just removed the government of say, Egypt, for the hell of it and then 500,000 Egyptians killed each other in the resulting chaos, we'd be partially responsible for that. Sure we didn't murder those people directly, but our actions created the situation that allowed it to happen.

Iraq isn't so different. We didn't need to take out Saddam, and we bungled the rebuilding and stabilization efforts afterwards. All that led to the creation of an extremely violent state for some years there, and some of that has to get laid at our feet. At least we seem to have fixed it in the end, so hopefully those deaths don't end up being in vain.
The biggest mistake was vastly underestimating the cult factor of Islam and the tribalism that still exists in that part of the world. In hindsight, a real occupation with the US/coalition taking total control of the country and then slowly giving the country back to the people would have been the preferred path. Too much pandering to the media and world opinion for that to happen though..
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 02-21-2010, 09:52 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#133  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
The biggest mistake was vastly underestimating the cult factor of Islam and the tribalism that still exists in that part of the world. In hindsight, a real occupation with the US/coalition taking total control of the country and then slowly giving the country back to the people would have been the preferred path. Too much pandering to the media and world opinion for that to happen though..

No your biggest mistake was kind of ignoring that "smart bombing" a few thousand civilians isn't really good PR and you insist on blabbering about media pandering when there's still news popping up now and then about civilians getting killed. In hindsight, you've really learned nothing and you're one or two steps away from blaming Jane Fonda for losing the Vietnam war for the marines.

What we need is more dead american soldiers, and lots of them. Hopefully as many as possible die and get crippled. A new 911 wouldn't be bad either.
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 02-22-2010, 07:12 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#134  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
No your biggest mistake was kind of ignoring that "smart bombing" a few thousand civilians isn't really good PR and you insist on blabbering about media pandering when there's still news popping up now and then about civilians getting killed. In hindsight, you've really learned nothing and you're one or two steps away from blaming Jane Fonda for losing the Vietnam war for the marines.

What we need is more dead american soldiers, and lots of them. Hopefully as many as possible die and get crippled. A new 911 wouldn't be bad either.
In any conflict civilians are going to get caught in the crossfire, the difference is that one side actually gives warning before most of the strikes. What do you do when there is RPG and sniper fire coming from a civilian apartment building? What do you do when a Mosque is used for stockpiling bombs and other weapons? I say next time there is another "9/11" we just firebomb the offending region WW2 style for a few days and fuck going in with ground troops and removing governments....let them sort themselves out. Even the Tailban and Al Quaeda have their limits.
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 02-22-2010, 09:48 AM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#135  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:31 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.