General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

DigitalChaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runding View Post
I'm curious as to what a journalist is?

commentator != journalist you fuckstick. this is the reason so much of the USA is fucked. they don't see the difference here. so many are actually getting their "news" from commentators. commentators tell you what they think. it is great for people who don't know how to think. actual news just leaves people like you confused

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Runding

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
commentator != journalist you fuckstick. this is the reason so much of the USA is fucked. they don't see the difference here. so many are actually getting their "news" from commentators. commentators tell you what they think. it is great for people who don't know how to think. actual news just leaves people like you confused

Can you tell me a "journalist" who gives no bias whatsoever? No. It's absolutely impossible, down from the tone in which an event is described to the words used. I don't care which "News" organization you follow, every single "journalist" is a commentator.

Thanks for your all-knowing remarks, Oh wise one.

DigitalChaos

^absolutely clueless

DigitalChaos

Quote:
I'm curious as to what a journalist is?

a day later...
Quote:
I don't care which "News" organization you follow, every single "journalist" is a commentator.

im seriously fucking crying in a fit of laughter here. i bet i have seen you on TV praising Glenn Beck "for being the best journalist" too.

Runding

Quote:
^absolutely clueless

I can understand your annoyance at people who think that the likes of O'Reilly and Glen Beck only spit the news out, but in all reality, every single person who reports on an event or situation includes his/her own bias. Journalists and commentators are practically one in the same in prime time cable news -- where the average person takes in their news for the day.

Runding

Quote:
a day later...

im seriously fucking crying in a fit of laughter here. i bet i have seen you on TV praising Glenn Beck "for being the best journalist" too.

And you're much better

Quote:
All you people bitching about NPR: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...adio#Criticism

If you are looking for a SINGLE source that is nearest the center and also most educational... yea NPR is probably it.

Diversity is key though...
Great way to quote a Wikipedia page, call it golden and say it's the best. Thats like saying CNN is the best because they have both liberal and conservative reporters -- even though it's still left leaning.

DigitalChaos

do you really think that bias is the defining factor between a journalist and commentator? Even if that was your one, wrongly so, defining attribute there is still a large degree in the level of bias there.

DigitalChaos

Quote:
And you're much better

Great way to quote a Wikipedia page, call it golden and say it's the best. Thats like saying CNN is the best because they have both liberal and conservative reporters -- even though it's still left leaning.

OH AN ANALOGY! The sign of true intelligence is when a person fails at language and has to resort to retarded analogies... rofl

I that is like saying i like catchup on my cheeseburger because I ate frosted flakes for lunch.

uh wat

Runding

Quote:
do you really think that bias is the defining factor between a journalist and commentator? Even if that was your one, wrongly so, defining attribute there is still a large degree in the level of bias there.

http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl...?s=commentator

Quote:
Commentator

a writer who reports and analyzes events of the day
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl...=&o4=&o3=&h=00

Quote:
Journalist

a writer for newspapers and magazines
Looks like I was wrong. According to Princeton they're exact same thing.

Darn :-( Commentators "analyze" and journalists never do that. Looks like we're just going to have to get into the semantics of everything

Last edited by Runding; 02-02-2010 at 02:32 PM..

Runding

Quote:
OH AN ANALOGY! The sign of true intelligence is when a person fails at language and has to resort to retarded analogies... rofl

I that is like saying i like catchup on my cheeseburger because I ate frosted flakes for lunch.

uh wat

I just did EXACTLY what you did, just switched it out with CNN. Great job *claps*

DigitalChaos

have fun. people who are either really fucking stupid or just blatantly trolling are never worth the time. Enjoy arguing with yourself! Go watch some Glenn Beck News when you get bored.

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trachei View Post
seriously. Anyone who thinks O'reilly or Olberman are journalists should just give up on life.

I actually agree with you, which hopefully wont make your head explode due to the current costs of health care in the US.

BoxyBrown

Quote:
have fun. people who are either really fucking stupid or just blatantly trolling are never worth the time. Enjoy arguing with yourself! Go watch some Glenn Beck News when you get bored.
And you keep on getting your info from "The View".

Electrikfuzz050

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckybob View Post
real news doesnt exist anymore. journalism is supposed to be free of bias. instead, we get the oreillys and the obermans and all the various ways that people have found to express their own opinions under the guise of journalism, or the sensationalism that they need to get the advertising dollars that they think they deserve.

I realize the journalist telling me that Obama is heading to wherever tomorrow morning may put a bit of inflection into their report, but it's still journalism.

You're stupid if you take commentators as news sources and you're stupid if you hold them to the same credibility as journalists.

Cable television has political commentary shows listed as talk, not news.

topcat989

NPR did alright with this interview

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

oh, and since everyone bitched and whined about how Fox was in bed with bush.......