General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
chuckybob
Mario raped Peach in her fuzzy spot while twisting and twirling his mustache sexylike
 
chuckybob's Avatar
 
why cant felons vote? there are some stupid goddamn felony classifications and some non-violent felons who dont deserve to lose their rights.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:36 AM chuckybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
#106  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush
 
Tom Kazansky's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
yes. it would cost less than the prisons.
Glad to see you're all about paying for someone's heroin addiction. That should really help them become contributing members of society.
__________________
ERTW - Engineers Rule The World
Old 02-16-2010, 09:34 AM Tom Kazansky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#107  

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush
 
Tom Kazansky's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckybob View Post
why cant felons vote? there are some stupid goddamn felony classifications and some non-violent felons who dont deserve to lose their rights.

You're still a felon, and no, felons shouldn't be allowed to vote, because their interests are not in line with those of the rest of society. Not by a long shot.
__________________
ERTW - Engineers Rule The World
Old 02-16-2010, 09:36 AM Tom Kazansky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#108  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
Glad to see you're all about paying for someone's heroin addiction. That should really help them become contributing members of society.

We could give heroin to prisoners!
Old 02-16-2010, 11:57 AM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#109  

chuckybob
Mario raped Peach in her fuzzy spot while twisting and twirling his mustache sexylike
 
chuckybob's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
You're still a felon, and no, felons shouldn't be allowed to vote, because their interests are not in line with those of the rest of society. Not by a long shot.

neither is any other cross section of the population in that case. i find your argument flimsy and wet like a cardboard home.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:11 PM chuckybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
#110  

CommiePunk
my rectum bleeds everyday
 
CommiePunk's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckybob View Post
neither is any other cross section of the population in that case. i find your argument flimsy and wet like a cardboard home.

he's right. felons obviously don't have anything to contribute to the political system if they can't obey major laws put in place by the political system.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:51 PM CommiePunk is offline  
Reply With Quote
#111  

threefingeredguy
 
threefingeredguy's Avatar
 
This thread makes me want to get food stamps.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:22 PM threefingeredguy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#112  

chuckybob
Mario raped Peach in her fuzzy spot while twisting and twirling his mustache sexylike
 
chuckybob's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommiePunk View Post
he's right. felons obviously don't have anything to contribute to the political system if they can't obey major laws put in place by the political system.

the punishment doesnt always fit the crime. sometimes felony laws are un-needed or mis-applied, to the detriment of society.

for example, in flordia, its a third degree felony to show your friend a porno and then let them borrow it.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...20011#0847.011


this kid was charged with 3 felonies after he accidentally found a school district database and responsibly alerted his principal to the vulnerability
http://www.thetechherald.com/article...urity-policies
Old 02-16-2010, 03:23 PM chuckybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
#113  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckybob View Post
neither is any other cross section of the population in that case. i find your argument flimsy and wet like a cardboard home.

Felons have broken the commonly accepted rules of society in a fairly serious manner and are thus more likely to have interests contrary to those of society at large than other groups. Not to mention

Quote:
the punishment doesnt always fit the crime. sometimes felony laws are un-needed or mis-applied, to the detriment of society.
So fix those laws, don't whine about generally beneficial rules like barring felons from voting.

Quote:
this kid was charged with 3 felonies after he accidentally found a school district database and responsibly alerted his principal to the vulnerability
http://www.thetechherald.com/article...urity-policies
Charged with, you don't lose your right to vote for getting charged with a crime.

Besides, in most states, you get your vote back either when you leave jail or after a fairly short period of time. In some others you need to petition to get it back, but that's fairly rare (VA is like that). Is there really any debate about whether people who are actively in jail for a felony should be allowed to vote?
Old 02-16-2010, 03:38 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#114  

chuckybob
Mario raped Peach in her fuzzy spot while twisting and twirling his mustache sexylike
 
chuckybob's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
Besides, in most states, you get your vote back either when you leave jail or after a fairly short period of time. In some others you need to petition to get it back, but that's fairly rare (VA is like that). Is there really any debate about whether people who are actively in jail for a felony should be allowed to vote?

why the hell shouldnt they? because theyre gonna vote that congress should stick their hands up and give them their wallets? real slow now? no funny business? maybe theyre gonna vote that killing babies is OK?

if the fabric of society is so weak that it's torn asunder by the votes of convicted felons, then we have worse issues than felons.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:43 PM chuckybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
#115  

CommiePunk
my rectum bleeds everyday
 
CommiePunk's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckybob View Post
why the hell shouldnt they? because theyre gonna vote that congress should stick their hands up and give them their wallets? real slow now? no funny business? maybe theyre gonna vote that killing babies is OK?

if the fabric of society is so weak that it's torn asunder by the votes of convicted felons, then we have worse issues than felons.

are you really arguing that convicted felons should have more rights

really?
Old 02-16-2010, 04:41 PM CommiePunk is offline  
Reply With Quote
#116  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckybob View Post
why the hell shouldnt they? because theyre gonna vote that congress should stick their hands up and give them their wallets? real slow now? no funny business? maybe theyre gonna vote that killing babies is OK?

if the fabric of society is so weak that it's torn asunder by the votes of convicted felons, then we have worse issues than felons.

By that logic, why should they be in jail at all?

Losing their vote is part of the punishment. You fuck up, you lose your vote. They don't deserve to be allowed to participate in the political process any more than they deserve to be free and on the street.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:01 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#117  

chuckybob
Mario raped Peach in her fuzzy spot while twisting and twirling his mustache sexylike
 
chuckybob's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommiePunk View Post
are you really arguing that convicted felons should have more rights

really?

the right to vote? absolutely.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:03 PM chuckybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
#118  

CommiePunk
my rectum bleeds everyday
 
CommiePunk's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckybob View Post
the right to vote? absolutely.

easy answer: stop doing felonies.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:05 PM CommiePunk is offline  
Reply With Quote
#119  

chuckybob
Mario raped Peach in her fuzzy spot while twisting and twirling his mustache sexylike
 
chuckybob's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
By that logic, why should they be in jail at all?

Losing their vote is part of the punishment. You fuck up, you lose your vote. They don't deserve to be allowed to participate in the political process any more than they deserve to be free and on the street.

fair enough, however imprisonment is supposed to be their punishment and payment for their crimes. especially once their debt is payed, they should be allowed to resume voting, something ex-felons cant do at all in fifteen states, as of 2001.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommiePunk View Post
easy answer: stop doing felonies.

better answer: change felony punishment to fit the severity of the felony.

this guy was driving home from the shooting range with a handgun registered to him in his car. since it wasnt in the trunk, he was convicted of a felony. he didnt hurt or endanger a soul, or cause one iota of property damage.

http://reentry.mplp.org/reentry/inde...Life_Sentences

Last edited by chuckybob; 02-16-2010 at 05:58 PM..
Old 02-16-2010, 05:43 PM chuckybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
#120  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:08 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.