General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

hurley griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommiePunk View Post
that video doesn't represent the majority of farms in the country. also, no video you post would ever make me stop loving meat, milk and cheese. I eat some form of meat every day and beef 2-3 times a week. There is absolutely nothing better than a good steak.

Im not trying to make you not eat meat, I eat meat myself. I USED to be a veggie.

No I didnt say it represented the majority of farms but that what goes on and it cant be denied that it does.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

MrPillow

I don't think the problem is that people are denying it, it's that they just dont care. I sure don't. It's a cow.

Thermo1223

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurley griffin View Post
I can say that being on a veggie diet, I felt less constipated then being on a meat diet. I felt a more energetic and less bloated.

I used to read everything I bought, to see if it contained any gelatin or rennet (cheese etc), some OJ and beer uses fish as stabilizers.

What fuckin OJ & beer do you drink?

It has to be some off brand...
Range - GTFO god :rolleyes:

MuffinMan8869

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermo1223 View Post

As someone who loves to eat animals, i don't care too much about it. But you would be surprised how the modern food industry uses/makes shit out of animals.

Dyes made from bugs are just an example.
beware of anything with the word "Artificial and Natural Flavoring"
for example, Artificial Vanilla is made from rotting sawdust.

Thermo1223

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMan8869 View Post
As someone who loves to eat animals, i don't care too much about it. But you would be surprised how the modern food industry uses/makes shit out of animals.

Dyes made from bugs are just an example.
beware of anything with the word "Artificial and Natural Flavoring"
for example, Artificial Vanilla is made from rotting sawdust.

Well that I already all knew...

The beer thing has be puzzled though, even the BIG brands shouldn't benefit from that. They use rice as a filler grain. I never drink that stuff.

My beer is either 1 homemade or 2 homemade in lager quanities AKA Microbrews.

The OJ I could see but I only buy stuff that say Orange Juice on the box & nothing else.
Range - GTFO god :rolleyes:

wwilliam54

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPillow View Post
I don't think the problem is that people are denying it, it's that they just dont care. I sure don't. It's a cow.

I think the problems is too few people have been around cows or chickens.
Goddamn they are stupid as fuck.
I swear ,a salmon has more self awareness than a chicken.

Coqui

Quote:
Have you not seen milking cows hooked up to machines even though they have no milk to give? Have you seen the space that these cows are kept for milking? They are in tight places, their heads locked between metal bars, no movement.

Read up on "veal cows" and watch some videos on how theyre treated.

I've seen the machines. I've also seen that if it bothers the cow, the cow kicks it off. I'm curious, how many years experiece do you have with cows? Where I got my information was from my father-in-law (who laughed when his daughter bought into that PETA and said cows were treated bad when milked) who had 20+ years experience working with cows.

If a cow is not happy, it does not produce milk. Plain and simple.

And I'm not denying some animals are mistreated. However, I'm arguing the fact that someone says they're vegetarian simply for that fact. Not all places mistreat the animals nor do they add chemicals, etc. Yes there are some.....but not all.

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butthole Eliminator View Post
The health fanatics comes in two types. Badass or ignorant as hell. Badass folks do their research. I know a guy who experimented on a pure raw fruit and veg diet. No processed starch, nothing in a hermetically sealed package. If it didn't grow from the dirt, he'd spit it out. He went on for a good year just so see how much of his energy he could sustain compared to his old diet. He did very well. No muscle mass loss, same stamina, no burn out. He's done with that experiment now. Now he's on a pure liquid diet and a good few months in.

I wonder what pointless unscientific gimmick diet he's going to try next?

hurley griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermo1223 View Post

This is what you pick up when you become a veggie or you just do a little bit of research. I have no clue what the brand of beer it is, but my ex house mate is a veggie (been veggie for life) and he bought some beer, and when I was washing up I read the label and it said "Fish is used in this product" and I asked my house mate if he knew and he said he only realized after he finished drinking it.

Some OJ also use fish, Minute Maid (made by Coke Cola) used to use fish in their OJ to stabilizing agent, Im not sure if they use it now because I read in some veggie forums that there was complaints about that and I think they might have removed it, even other OJ brands uses it.

Lots of major branded chocolate uses animal fats such as Maltesas, Milky Way, Minstrals, Sneakers, (I think) Mars bars has too.

Anything like Wine Gums, Jelly Babies, and other chewy sweets all have gelatin in it and other bone marrow stuff in it.

There are shit loads of food products that you never thought would need some sort of animal in it has it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
I've seen the machines. I've also seen that if it bothers the cow, the cow kicks it off. I'm curious, how many years experiece do you have with cows? Where I got my information was from my father-in-law (who laughed when his daughter bought into that PETA and said cows were treated bad when milked) who had 20+ years experience working with cows.

If a cow is not happy, it does not produce milk. Plain and simple.

And I'm not denying some animals are mistreated. However, I'm arguing the fact that someone says they're vegetarian simply for that fact. Not all places mistreat the animals nor do they add chemicals, etc. Yes there are some.....but not all.

Well this is why some veggies stay away from milk, cause youre never certain where or how the milk and cow is treated, like you said all are treated differently but how do you know which ones are and arent?

hurley griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Heh, liquid diet is probably the most stupidest diet you can go on. Youll just get the shits from drinking fruit/veg smoothies if thats what he plans on doing.

Coqui

Quote:
Well this is why some veggies stay away from milk, cause youre never certain where or how the milk and cow is treated, like you said all are treated differently but how do you know which ones are and arent?

Then they should say, "I'm vegetarian because there's a chance that the animal where this product came from was mistreated" Not just, "I'm a vegetarians because animals are mistreated" I still don't think this is a valid reason, but at least they're not lying anymore.

And as said earlier, I don't care how an animal is treated when I'm eating it as long as it tastes good. I have no idea why people care about ethically killing an animal before eating it. It's dead. The owners had every intention of killing it.

I can understand religious reasons, dietary reasons (i.e. lactose intolerant - not because it's healthier), economic reasons, and just a plain choice to do so. But the treatment of animals really makes no sense to me.

Coqui

Quote:
This is what you pick up when you become a veggie or you just do a little bit of research. I have no clue what the brand of beer it is, but my ex house mate is a veggie (been veggie for life) and he bought some beer, and when I was washing up I read the label and it said "Fish is used in this product" and I asked my house mate if he knew and he said he only realized after he finished drinking it.

It's a requirement to put that label in Australia only. And even then, there are no traces of fish in the beer itself.

Quote:
The stuff derived from fish bladders is called isinglass and it serves as a clarifying agent. A few tablespoons of it in many gallons of wine or beer will attract and precipitate out certain particles making the final product clearer.

But despite the fact that most if not all of the isinglass falls out and never makes it to the bottle Australian brewers and vintners are required to announce that their product may contain “fish parts.” The fear is that someone with fish allergies could swallow too much isinglass and have a bad reaction. If one is drinking enough to do that I would imagine that their liver would be giving them more distress than their allergies.

Cannondale

What's everyone's stance on animal testing? I've almost eliminated all products in my bathroom of animal testing. It took a bit of research to find the right products but I feel good knowing there is no cruelty behind what I use.

Butthole Eliminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

He'll let me know after his liquid phase. He does what he does just to see how much his body can take and perform on a restricted diet, he could care less about science. He's one hell of an athlete. His conditioning is top of the line and puts most modern boxers to shame.

Gunstar

What I don't get sometimes is I see so called vegatarians eat the likes of Fish and eggs. Like wtf?! aren't those considered meat still and you're technically eating a baby chicken.

For everything else though, I can see why but those points annoy me. If you're going to be a veggy then stick to eating them damn veggies.