General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Inf
I stand by all the misstatements that I've made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannondale View Post
What's everyone's stance on animal testing? I've almost eliminated all products in my bathroom of animal testing. It took a bit of research to find the right products but I feel good knowing there is no cruelty behind what I use.

Animal testing saves lives. Of course its use for vanity products is a bit more debatable, but if it saves lives by preventing some nasty reaction, still a good thing.
koala coalition ftw!!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Xayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by andje View Post
our brain = from eatin the proteinsss

I moved away from eating as much meat though. I mostly eat alot of fruit. I'm just a lean eater now I guess. I don't want to be big anymore. I guess I just like eating healthy and fruits are wonderful. Meats are delicious to me though. I eat anything and everything.

It's nothing to be embarrassed about really. Tell them you want to avoid certain cancers and that's probably a good enough reason. My grandfather died b/c of stomach cancer. I'm sure that there were a few more of the old fuckers in my line that died of cancer, so I'll probably not eat as much meat/fish b/c of that fact alone.

no offense, but you're not a lean eater. fruits are pretty much universally full of sugar. that's why your brain craves them, it's lots of cheap energy.

inb4 LOL ATKINS DIET but the chemistry behind that concept is basically true. if you wanted to lose weight without any other concern, you could live on ribeyes with a side of bacon for a month and lose 20 pounds. and generally 'feel' alot stronger and more energetic due to the massive amount of protein you're taking in.

healthy? not really, but neither is living on fruit sugar.

theNoid

I know all about the slaughter and mistreating of the animals..at this point, who doesn't? I still choose to eat those delicious animals.

I respect veggies/vegans because their stance is ethical and moral.. makes sense and more power to them. However whenever I run into an outspoken veggie/vegan with a hollier than thou attitude, I kindly remind them that for every animal they dont eat, I will remind myself to double up.. voiding their entire effort.

I'm a fucking prick but only when I need to be.

Saxman924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
no offense, but you're not a lean eater. fruits are pretty much universally full of sugar. that's why your brain craves them, it's lots of cheap energy.

inb4 LOL ATKINS DIET but the chemistry behind that concept is basically true. if you wanted to lose weight without any other concern, you could live on ribeyes with a side of bacon for a month and lose 20 pounds. and generally 'feel' alot stronger and more energetic due to the massive amount of protein you're taking in.

healthy? not really, but neither is living on fruit sugar.

It's amazing how people think the most unhealthy stuff is healthy for them. Consuming sugars and non complex carbohydrates is the easiest way to gain fat. The more sugar the more insulin we produce. And in layman's terms, we know that insulin can cause rapid fat production.

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butthole Eliminator View Post
He'll let me know after his liquid phase. He does what he does just to see how much his body can take and perform on a restricted diet, he could care less about science. He's one hell of an athlete. His conditioning is top of the line and puts most modern boxers to shame.

That's just weird, subjecting yourself to stupid fad diets just to see how much your body can handle.

Sf_J
Has a tidy sheath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMan8869 View Post
to make kimchi you HAVE to use some fish product as a catalyst for the fermentation. I have yet to find any Kimchi that doesn't use some oyster sauce, shrimp or other shellfish in some fashion.

but i just did a search online and aparantly there ARE recipes and boy do they look horrible.

Vs

Ill take the real deal with oyster sauce/shirmp

You don't have to use shrimp/oyster sauce for proper fermentation. That's caused by lactobaccili which is present on the surface of most vegetables. The oyster/shrimp paste is mainly for flavor.

SKYY

This thread is completely off track now. I'm sorry I even brought up the subject. Please lock.

Butthole Eliminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
That's just weird, subjecting yourself to stupid fad diets just to see how much your body can handle.

He's not on any fad diet at all. He's on his own personal diet. He meticulously plans it out to his own specific needs. if it doesn't work out, then he adjusts it. He knows his own body better than anyone else, and if it tells him to back off, he'll listen. Any non-athlete can do a diet, but he works out so intensely, that you can't help but think that he's eating 10,000 calories a day just to keep his energy up. That's the badass part of about him, he's restricting himself, but you can't tell.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post

The people that I have a problem with are Militant Vegans. PETA gets on my last fucking nerve. Hell even my Dad hates PETA. Eat what you want to eat,it makes no difference to me, but don't get in my face telling me I am a horrible human because I enjoy the taste of meat.
TSRFH

I really REALLY don't give a flying fuck what you do or don't eat and I won't grill you about why or why not....and I also don't give a fuck if you have a problem with what I eat but I don't want to hear about it.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Electrikfuzz050

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
TSRFH

I really REALLY don't give a flying fuck what you do or don't eat and I won't grill you about why or why not....and I also don't give a fuck if you have a problem with what I eat but I don't want to hear about it.

This, pretty much. Do what you want. Except for when you start telling people that vegetarianism is healthier than eating meat as a blanket rule.

Xayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxman924 View Post
It's amazing how people think the most unhealthy stuff is healthy for them. Consuming sugars and non complex carbohydrates is the easiest way to gain fat. The more sugar the more insulin we produce. And in layman's terms, we know that insulin can cause rapid fat production.

yeah, i especially love the people you see in the grocery store with a bag full of LOW FAT marked cookies and crackers and other such crap.

it's a huge scam. the "low fat" ones are loaded with sugar instead. you'll get fatter eating "low fat" junk food all day than you would living on oreos dipped in butter.

BigFuzzyArchon

If I was trapped on an island I think I would eat the vegetarian first.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I don't limit my diet in any way so I am not a vegetarian but I very rarely eat meat, maybe once a month if that

Why I don't eat meat:
  • It's expensive
  • It is largely produced in an unsustainable manner that I don't agree with (*more on that below)
  • Cooking without meat is easier/simpler
  • Eggs, nurtitional yeast, spirolina, et al provide the same nutritional benefits

*To run a factory farm operation, the animals are pumped full of antibiotics which exit their system and pollute our waterways. The fecal runoff is what causes food contamination issues like the last spinach problem. The amount of feed required for such an operation is only possible when that feed is grown with unnatural fertilizer and pesticides which additionally cause runoff pollution. Feeding cows corn, a grain they cannot naturally digest, compounds these problems greatly.
The system is broken, it just doesn't work on the scale we are forcing it to; yet we, the greater American public, feel the entitlement to continue such a system. This is why I do not participate in it.

"Natural" "Organic" fertilzers are worse and there is little to no regulation on use. The artificial ones have limits per acre etc.

For other posters

Myth: Eating vegetarian is healthier

Reality: If you dont take b12 supplements a veggie diet will kill you after ~12 years.

The only drawback to eating meat is that we eat so much of it and it's nutrition content is so high per c3 that we can cause ourselves harm. Like that idiot in Supersize me. Morons point to that "documentary" and their bobble heads go up and down. If he ate the same caloric intake as a vegan he would burst his stomach.

What we are not quite yet designed to eat is grains. And they cause a significant portion of the population problems. Gluten

For the we grew brains because we could eat meat. Probably unprovable but a valid concept. Eating meat gave us the concentrated nutrition to waste on developing excessive central nervous systems. (within days after birth a significant percent of brain cells are culled)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I'm not a vegetarian because I eat meat; that's the simple fact. I don't eat it for the above reasons but when I do, I enjoy it as a luxury

I think that any rigid prescribed diet (veganism, vegetarianism, raw, caveman, etc) is frankly silly and self serving to ones ego rather than actually having any positive effect. Like most things, moderation is the important factor

nice post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuzzyArchon View Post
If I was trapped on an island I think I would eat the vegetarian first.

Only problem is the lack of B12 in their systems. So you would still have to suplement your diet with rodents after a few years. [b12 when not wiped out by overindulgence in things like alcohol is highly conserved.]

OP I think a thread telling the world about you being veggie is telling the world you are veggie

Abu-mk2

i think of vegans like i think of people who ask what my sign is. people who claim religion but don't follow the lettering, just liars and hypocrites. complaining about cruelty but not lifting a finger to end it. walking through life with eyes closed on a paper pile of self righteousness. if you have a pet and claim to be vegan, think about that for a min

*flamesuit on*
"I think we have the makings of a new star..." sanjay

steal
you pick up dog turds? suckers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannondale View Post
Hradcore veggie here, going on vegan. here is my contribution.

Yes, humans have evolved to eat meat. We have canine teeth and the necessary enzymes in our digestive system. That doesn't mean we can't survive without meat.

I'm a vegetarian going on vegan purely for ethical reasons. I disagree with how animals are intensely reared and slaughtered and how we humans can go to the shops and buy a pack of mince and we don't have to put any thought into where it came from and the cruelty that is behind it.

A lot of people simply do not know where their meat comes from or even what an abbatoir is. This really sickens me. They do not know about battery farmed chcikens or the cruelty involved with their glass of milk.

Our demand for meat and dairy is so high that simple methods of low intensity farming are impossible so we have to resort to huge, high intensity farms that rear the animal as quickly as possible and get it on our plate. If people could be bothered to do some research and open their minds on the subject a lot more people would convert. Due to human laziness and how people are obsessed with what other people think of them all the time, this won't happen.

I don't rattle on about my diet choice. If I'm in a restaurant I don't declare 'i'm veggie -bare with me a second'. I simply order and 90% of people won't notice I chose the veggie option. If they do notice, I simply say I'm a veggie and again, 90% of people will leave it at that.

You can normally tell the ones who will keep pressuring you to give them an answer as to why you don't eat meat. They're usually blokes of the macho man variety and very close minded. Don't waste your time on them.

Be proud to be veggie.

just go to a farmers market

you don't eat meat and eggs or drink milk cuz of the way it's processed? sweet, buy stuff that isn't processed in that way, support your local farmer, go to a farmers market and buy their shit