General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
huxley
Don't respond to me, I can't read your posts :(
 
huxley's Avatar
 
I remember thinking I was going to die from an overdose at one time. The sheer terror and realization that 'dear lord, I think I am going to die' is quite scary. Of course death itself is nothing to be afraid of but the mind almost cant help hiding in fear when the time is days or moments away.
__________________
6274a57bd8dbf1997e6de7df2fbed1da
Old 03-21-2010, 12:26 PM huxley is offline  
Reply With Quote
#61  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

lostinlife
 
dont want to sound too depressing, but in general its all a matter of perspective (age and maturity) and whether you are in control or not. I was a bit depressed a while back had nightmares of hanging myself in a noose. obviously part of me tries to resist and doesnt want to die, but not being in physical control makes it all the more painful when your life is being taken away from you and there is nothing you can do about it, i would get sweat socaked sheets, with grinded down teeth and literally wake up crying and be relived that i'm still alive.

as for the older senior citizens, they might have seen alot more in life and have come to terms with it, knowing that everyday needs to be savored, because there will be one day where they will not wake up again
Old 03-21-2010, 08:17 PM lostinlife is offline  
Reply With Quote
#62  

HeLLFiRe
 
HeLLFiRe's Avatar
 
When I died I got over it pretty quick. Now I just ghost around, surf the interwebs, scare people and shit
Old 03-21-2010, 09:54 PM HeLLFiRe is offline  
Reply With Quote
#63  

Garzilla
 
Interesting thoughts from everyone in here. My own personal beliefs as a Christian have always been not to focus so much on my time here on earth. It's crazy to think I'm only 24 and have already lived right around 1/3 of my life. As a Christian though, death is not something I fear, per-say. Sure part of me gets freaked out wondering exactly how I will die, or when, but I know that once my earthly live is over, there's a whole other life I'll have to live.

Typically my side of things are usually dismissed as the usual religious banter in The Pit and archived as "LOLJESUS" speculation, but hear me out. I grew up going to church at a young age, was in and out of church growing up, fell away from it all when I went to college and experience all the drunken debauchery. Once I finished school, I kind of had a moment in my life where I asked myself, "what the hell am I doing?" Funny enough, it actually came during a night where I was watching the Planet Earth series on Discovery.

Sitting there in my apartment, I was completely awestruck by some of the animals & places on this earth that I had no clue about. I began to wonder in my mind, how any of these things or places could exist on earth without a creator. My mind went wild, wondering why I was alive, spinning in perfect harmony on a minuscule planet, such a small part in a huge picture.

Anyhow, it was at that point I realized that I need to get serious and figure out what I'm going to do with my life. I got involved with church again, and have seen literally indescribable things happen to some of my close friends and family at the hands of what I can only believe is my sole Creator. As a result, I've found that I've grown more and more accepting of the idea of death, as I now know what my outcome will be.

Anyhow, enough of the religious banter. I recommend people check out a book called 90 Minutes In Heaven (Amazon link here). Pretty incredible story about a dude who was instantly killed in a car crash and pronounced dead at the scene, recounting his experience in Heaven before coming back to life 90 minutes later. Not overly religious, but a really really great story.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:47 PM Garzilla is offline  
Reply With Quote
#64  

Xayd
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garzilla View Post

Typically my side of things are usually dismissed as the usual religious banter in The Pit and archived as "LOLJESUS" speculation, but hear me out. I grew up going to church at a young age, was in and out of church growing up, fell away from it all when I went to college and experience all the drunken debauchery. Once I finished school, I kind of had a moment in my life where I asked myself, "what the hell am I doing?" Funny enough, it actually came during a night where I was watching the Planet Earth series on Discovery.

Sitting there in my apartment, I was completely awestruck by some of the animals & places on this earth that I had no clue about. I began to wonder in my mind, how any of these things or places could exist on earth without a creator. My mind went wild, wondering why I was alive, spinning in perfect harmony on a minuscule planet, such a small part in a huge picture.

Anyhow, it was at that point I realized that I need to get serious and figure out what I'm going to do with my life. I got involved with church again, and have seen literally indescribable things happen to some of my close friends and family at the hands of what I can only believe is my sole Creator. As a result, I've found that I've grown more and more accepting of the idea of death, as I now know what my outcome will be.

Anyhow, enough of the religious banter. I recommend people check out a book called 90 Minutes In Heaven (Amazon link here). Pretty incredible story about a dude who was instantly killed in a car crash and pronounced dead at the scene, recounting his experience in Heaven before coming back to life 90 minutes later. Not overly religious, but a really really great story.

well, hate to ruin your expectations but this one is gonna get LOLJESUS too.

what are you doing with your life? the same thing every other living creature does with theirs. they eat, shit some of it back out, procreate, then they die. religion is a con to sell people the illusion of some greater purpose. and sell, i do mean, in the very literal sense of the word.

the path to salvation lies in acceptance of the fact that there is no salvation. then you can honestly and logically figure out a way to spend the time you have. but that's not the easy route is it? it's not easy to accept that you have no control over so many of your disappointments. or accept that when your family members die, they just died, there is no reason for it they're just done for. or accept that when a plane crashes or a bus crashes or a boat sinks those people are just gone and there is no happy fun place waiting for them. it is easy, on the other hand, to pretend that magical jesus is waiting to catch everyone who slips and falls. but no thinking person can honestly believe that is true.

the fact is, it's a cruel world, and there are billions upon billions of worlds. this one is alot less cruel than most of the others we've managed to see. and trust me, people who couldn't get any further off this one world than they could jump did not have all the answers.

if you attend church, assuming a protestant typical 2 hours for each service, once on wednesday and twice on sunday, and the average life expectancy of 73 years, you will have spent 2.6 years of your entire life on something that does not exist.

and you can think of me saying "i told you so" as the light goes dark.

as for the people who claim to see the magical jesus white light when they die. yeah, i've seen that too. it's called shock. grab a hot glass out of the dishwasher that shatters in your hand and you'll see the white light and hear the bells ringing too. but there is no jesus, and there are no bells. it's simply your brain preventing your heart from emptying all of your blood on to the floor.

Last edited by Xayd; 05-03-2010 at 06:16 PM..
Old 05-03-2010, 05:57 PM Xayd is offline  
Reply With Quote
#65  

Garzilla
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
well, hate to ruin your expectations but this one is gonna get LOLJESUS too.

what are you doing with your life? the same thing every other living creature does with theirs. they eat, shit some of it back out, procreate, then they die. religion is a con to sell people the illusion of some greater purpose. and sell, i do mean, in the very literal sense of the word.

the path to salvation lies in acceptance of the fact that there is no salvation. then you can honestly and logically figure out a way to spend the time you have. but that's not the easy route is it? it's not easy to accept that you have no control over so many of your disappointments. or accept that when your family members die, they just died, there is no reason for it they're just done for. or accept that when a plane crashes or a bus crashes or a boat sinks those people are just gone and there is no happy fun place waiting for them. it is easy, on the other hand, to pretend that magical jesus is waiting to catch everyone who slips and falls. but no thinking person can honestly believe that is true.

the fact is, it's a cruel world, and there are billions upon billions of worlds. this one is alot less cruel than most of the others we've managed to see. and trust me, people who couldn't get any further off this one world than they could jump did not have all the answers.

if you attend church, assuming a protestant typical 2 hours for each service, once on wednesday and twice on sunday, and the average life expectancy of 73 years, you will have spent 2.6 years of your entire life on something that does not exist.

and you can think of me saying "i told you so" as the light goes dark.

as for the people who claim to see the magical jesus white light when they die. yeah, i've seen that too. it's called shock. grab a hot glass out of the dishwasher that shatters in your hand and you'll see the white light and hear the bells ringing too. but there is no jesus, and there are no bells. it's simply your brain preventing your heart from emptying all of your blood on to the floor.

That's your opinion man, and I respect it, but I couldn't disagree more. To say that we exist on this planet for no reason, among all of the other millions of unique living things, each of them with it's own distinct purpose in how this planet sustains itself and operates, is ludicrous. Some call it evolution, but I have no other way to define the things I've seen on this planet other than by intelligent design at the hands of a creator.

It seems that your perspective of Christianity is flawed as well. I know that my God, or "magical Jesus" does not exist to simply to"catch everyone who slips and falls." On the contrary, he took his hand off this world a long time ago but will come to the aid of those who accept him as the creator. That's not to say all of my worries and pitfalls will be cushioned either, because I'm just as imperfect as the rest. It's my realization of my imperfections and sin that sets me apart from the unbeliever, along with my desire to leave that life behind.

As far as the accounts of people seeing heaven or hell during a near death experience, sure there's no way you can really prove or disprove their accounts, based simply on their word...but these are two very real places and I won't simply write it off as medical "shock."

I can only hope that one day you realize the scale of the world in which we live, the intense beauty and complexity of it all, because there's much more purpose to us than simple piles of flesh and bone.

Once again, the thread gets off topic, but to address the question. I've come to terms with my death whenever it may come, but it's not something I fear or will wonder about for my remaining days. I know the life that I have to live after my short years on earth is the one which truly matters.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:33 AM Garzilla is offline  
Reply With Quote
#66  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Intelligent design? The Creator would have to have Downs Syndrome to take a suspension bridge type support structure that works well in a fish and use it for a bipedal spine.

Or the support pivot that works well in quadrupeds and drop it down flat to the ground and slam it into the ground with each step for the human foot.

Then there is the whole putting the playground in the same facility as the sewer system.

We cant forget the prostate now. The same chemicals that trigger production of sperm cause the delivery system to overgrow and become cancerous.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 05-05-2010, 11:44 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#67  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garzilla View Post
That's your opinion man, and I respect it, but I couldn't disagree more. To say that we exist on this planet for no reason, among all of the other millions of unique living things, each of them with it's own distinct purpose in how this planet sustains itself and operates, is ludicrous. Some call it evolution, but I have no other way to define the things I've seen on this planet other than by intelligent design at the hands of a creator.
It's ludicrous...why? Because you don't like the idea? I'm willing to bet that 99% of the thing you think MUST exist because of intelligent design have a rational explanation, you just don't know about them.

Quote:
As far as the accounts of people seeing heaven or hell during a near death experience, sure there's no way you can really prove or disprove their accounts, based simply on their word...but these are two very real places and I won't simply write it off as medical "shock."
In other words, you have no reason to believe that those visions are in any way meaningful, you just choose to believe they are because it reinforces your pre-existing beliefs.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:00 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#68  

crumbaker
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garzilla View Post
That's your opinion man, and I respect it, but I couldn't disagree more. To say that we exist on this planet for no reason, among all of the other millions of unique living things, each of them with it's own distinct purpose in how this planet sustains itself and operates, is ludicrous. Some call it evolution, but I have no other way to define the things I've seen on this planet other than by intelligent design at the hands of a creator.

It seems that your perspective of Christianity is flawed as well. I know that my God, or "magical Jesus" does not exist to simply to"catch everyone who slips and falls." On the contrary, he took his hand off this world a long time ago but will come to the aid of those who accept him as the creator. That's not to say all of my worries and pitfalls will be cushioned either, because I'm just as imperfect as the rest. It's my realization of my imperfections and sin that sets me apart from the unbeliever, along with my desire to leave that life behind.

As far as the accounts of people seeing heaven or hell during a near death experience, sure there's no way you can really prove or disprove their accounts, based simply on their word...but these are two very real places and I won't simply write it off as medical "shock."

I can only hope that one day you realize the scale of the world in which we live, the intense beauty and complexity of it all, because there's much more purpose to us than simple piles of flesh and bone.

Once again, the thread gets off topic, but to address the question. I've come to terms with my death whenever it may come, but it's not something I fear or will wonder about for my remaining days. I know the life that I have to live after my short years on earth is the one which truly matters.

In summary you don't understand the world so you're just making shit up. It's ok to say I don't know sometimes. Believing in some old book with no evidence of truth isn't just wrong, it's just plain stupid.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:00 PM crumbaker is offline  
Reply With Quote
#69  

Xayd
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garzilla View Post
As far as the accounts of people seeing heaven or hell during a near death experience, sure there's no way you can really prove or disprove their accounts, based simply on their word...but these are two very real places and I won't simply write it off as medical "shock."

because it's coincidence that people who have such experiences describe seeing and hearing the exact same things as people suffering from medical shock, right?

if they're so real, point to me where they are.

because until then, they only exist in your mind.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:00 AM Xayd is offline  
Reply With Quote
#70  

Mr. Susan
 
How comes no one ever sees limbo when they almost die
__________________
Welcome to gen[G]ay
Old 05-07-2010, 06:32 AM Mr. Susan is offline  
Reply With Quote
#71  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garzilla View Post
That's your opinion man, and I respect it, but I couldn't disagree more. To say that we exist on this planet for no reason, among all of the other millions of unique living things, each of them with it's own distinct purpose in how this planet sustains itself and operates, is ludicrous. Some call it evolution, but I have no other way to define the things I've seen on this planet other than by intelligent design at the hands of a creator.

It seems that your perspective of Christianity is flawed as well. I know that my God, or "magical Jesus" does not exist to simply to"catch everyone who slips and falls." On the contrary, he took his hand off this world a long time ago but will come to the aid of those who accept him as the creator. That's not to say all of my worries and pitfalls will be cushioned either, because I'm just as imperfect as the rest. It's my realization of my imperfections and sin that sets me apart from the unbeliever, along with my desire to leave that life behind.

As far as the accounts of people seeing heaven or hell during a near death experience, sure there's no way you can really prove or disprove their accounts, based simply on their word...but these are two very real places and I won't simply write it off as medical "shock."

I can only hope that one day you realize the scale of the world in which we live, the intense beauty and complexity of it all, because there's much more purpose to us than simple piles of flesh and bone.

Once again, the thread gets off topic, but to address the question. I've come to terms with my death whenever it may come, but it's not something I fear or will wonder about for my remaining days. I know the life that I have to live after my short years on earth is the one which truly matters.
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 05-07-2010, 08:03 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#72  

OlderBoy
 
OlderBoy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garzilla View Post
That's your opinion man, and I respect it, but I couldn't disagree more. To say that we exist on this planet for no reason, among all of the other millions of unique living things, each of them with it's own distinct purpose in how this planet sustains itself and operates, is ludicrous. Some call it evolution, but I have no other way to define the things I've seen on this planet other than by intelligent design at the hands of a creator.

It seems that your perspective of Christianity is flawed as well. I know that my God, or "magical Jesus" does not exist to simply to"catch everyone who slips and falls." On the contrary, he took his hand off this world a long time ago but will come to the aid of those who accept him as the creator. That's not to say all of my worries and pitfalls will be cushioned either, because I'm just as imperfect as the rest. It's my realization of my imperfections and sin that sets me apart from the unbeliever, along with my desire to leave that life behind.

As far as the accounts of people seeing heaven or hell during a near death experience, sure there's no way you can really prove or disprove their accounts, based simply on their word...but these are two very real places and I won't simply write it off as medical "shock."

I can only hope that one day you realize the scale of the world in which we live, the intense beauty and complexity of it all, because there's much more purpose to us than simple piles of flesh and bone.

Once again, the thread gets off topic, but to address the question. I've come to terms with my death whenever it may come, but it's not something I fear or will wonder about for my remaining days. I know the life that I have to live after my short years on earth is the one which truly matters.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:11 PM OlderBoy is online now  
Reply With Quote
#73  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
I loaded an earlier save
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 05-21-2010, 03:24 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#74  

Mamma Jamma
 
Mamma Jamma's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Susan View Post
How comes no one ever sees limbo when they almost die

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...800-years.html
__________________
The suspense is terrible. I hope itíll last.

b4de59c95fdf3d7d67366b90837dea66 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:44 AM Mamma Jamma is offline  
Reply With Quote
#75  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:21 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.