General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
brfatal
 
brfatal's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCviggen View Post
Albeit illegally under international law and while harassing the impoverished palistinians it has cut off from the outside world. It's a chicken and the egg type problem.
While the palistinians have absolutely nothing they're not going to be peaceful, although nothing the Palistinians can do with their primitive "weapons" actually puts a dent in Israel anyway. The suffering and inhumane living conditions in the area are very much limited to the Palistinians.
However 2 key issues are absolutely non-negotiable to both sides, East Jerusalem (which as you know is an ideological battle, whoever controls this controls the Temple Mount) and right of return. Unless those demands are dropped by the Palestinians, then there is no point to peace talks as they won't go anywhere. Israel has already offered essentially everything else.

International law regarding conquest is a farce regardless. Conflict over land and resources has existed longer than humans have walked the earth. It's unreasonable to assume a part of human nature will all the sudden cease to exist because some organization with no real power says so.
__________________
'02 WRX Fully Built EJ257 (sold)
'12 Genesis R-Spec Sedan
MrFolx's Intraweb F-Buddy

Last edited by brfatal; 03-26-2010 at 12:34 PM..
Old 03-26-2010, 12:26 PM brfatal is offline  
Reply With Quote
#16  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

JCviggen
 
It's perfectly simple. Israel has everything and the Palestinians nothing. If the conflict is ever to end, Israel will have to give in on something because the Palistinians already have nothing left. It's never going to happen because they (well at least the hardliners running the show) feel themselves superior and prefer to slap the monkeys around on occasion just to show them who's boss.

Fact is that Isreal was implanted artificially in an incompatible area and it's been a mess ever since.
__________________
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:39 PM JCviggen is offline  
Reply With Quote
#17  

bingstudent
I am an idiot!
 
bingstudent's Avatar
 
The Palestinians will outlast Israel, the Israelis know this and are hella scared.

Demographics are destiny.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:46 PM bingstudent is offline  
Reply With Quote
#18  

Frenetic
 
Frenetic's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
The Palestinians will outlast Israel, the Israelis know this and are hella scared.

Demographics are destiny.

Care to extrapolate on this?
Old 03-26-2010, 12:50 PM Frenetic is offline  
Reply With Quote
#19  

bingstudent
I am an idiot!
 
bingstudent's Avatar
 
Palestinians are already the majority and are reproducing much faster than the jewish inhabitants.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:08 PM bingstudent is offline  
Reply With Quote
#20  

Electrikfuzz050
 
Electrikfuzz050's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
Palestinians are already the majority and are reproducing much faster than the jewish inhabitants.

Yes, however one side has nuclear weapons and the other has sticks and glorified bottle rockets.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:22 PM Electrikfuzz050 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#21  

bingstudent
I am an idiot!
 
bingstudent's Avatar
 
wouldn't be very useful to drop a nuclear weapon on half of jerusalem or the west bank aquifers, now would it?
Old 03-26-2010, 01:32 PM bingstudent is offline  
Reply With Quote
#22  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
If I was Israel I would have deep bombs planted. Get overun and bye bye middle east.


Quote:
Originally Posted by laz View Post
I don't think there are enough links to fringe websites or youtube videos in your first post.




Quote:
Originally Posted by 2[H]4U View Post
Israelies should not be there in the first place.

So you buy a lifetime membership in the moron brigade? Or you just trying to see if that organization suits you?
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-26-2010, 01:45 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#23  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
“We came to a region that was inhabited by Arabs, and we set up a Jewish state. In many places, we purchased the land from Arabs and set up Jewish villages where there had once been Arab villages. You don't even know the names [of the previous Arab villages] and I don't blame you, because those geography books aren't around anymore. Not only the books, the villages aren't around...”

"Using the moral yardstick mentioned by [Moshe Sharett], I must ask: Are [we justified] in opening fire on the Arabs who cross [the border] to reap the crops they planted in our territory; they, their women, and their children? Will this stand up to moral scrutiny . . .? We shoot at those from among the 200,000 hungry arabs who cross the line — will this stand up to moral review? Arabs cross to collect the grain that they left in the abandoned villages and we set mines for them and they go back without an arm or a leg. . . [It may be that this] cannot pass review, but I know no other method of guarding the borders. then tomorrow the State of Israel will have no borders." *On the anti-infiltration policy in the early 1950s*

"Let us not today fling accusation at the murderers. What cause have we to complain about their fierce hatred to us? For eight years now, they sit in their refugee camps in Gaza, and before their eyes we turn into our homestead the land and villages in which they and their forefathers have lived. We should demand his blood not from the Arabs of Gaza but from ourselves. . . . Let us make our reckoning today. We are a generation of settlers, and without the steel helmet and gun barrel, we shall not be able to plant a tree or build a house. . . . Let us not be afraid to see the hatred that accompanies and consumes the lives of hundreds of thousands of Arabs who sit all around us and wait for the moment when their hands will be able to reach our blood."

interesting quotes from one of israel's greatest warriors........
Old 03-26-2010, 02:06 PM topcat989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#24  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
However 2 key issues are absolutely non-negotiable to both sides, East Jerusalem (which as you know is an ideological battle, whoever controls this controls the Temple Mount) and right of return. Unless those demands are dropped by the Palestinians, then there is no point to peace talks as they won't go anywhere. Israel has already offered essentially everything else.

International law regarding conquest is a farce regardless. Conflict over land and resources has existed longer than humans have walked the earth. It's unreasonable to assume a part of human nature will all the sudden cease to exist because some organization with no real power says so.
international law regarding anything is a farce really, since it's people like you who see it justified to ignore it when it doesn't permit your agendas (most of which are revolving around imperialism).
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 03-26-2010, 02:44 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#25  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
If I was Israel I would have deep bombs planted. Get overun and bye bye middle east.






So you buy a lifetime membership in the moron brigade? Or you just trying to see if that organization suits you?

stop drinking and go to bed
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 03-26-2010, 02:49 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#26  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
stop drinking and go to bed

I'm sorry that I keep following you around heckling your posts without adding any content.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-26-2010, 04:20 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#27  

Electrikfuzz050
 
Electrikfuzz050's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
wouldn't be very useful to drop a nuclear weapon on half of jerusalem or the west bank aquifers, now would it?

I was using it as example of how far apart their technology is. If Israel wanted to kill every single Palestinian in Palestine, they have the power to do so.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:35 PM Electrikfuzz050 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#28  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
I'm sorry that I keep following you around heckling your posts without adding any content.

it's all going to be better tomorrow, just go to bed now
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 03-26-2010, 04:41 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#29  

bingstudent
I am an idiot!
 
bingstudent's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikfuzz050 View Post
I was using it as example of how far apart their technology is. If Israel wanted to kill every single Palestinian in Palestine, they have the power to do so.

I really don't think so to be honest ... high tech weaponry is nice but time and again we've seen desperate low tech insurgencies hold their own (vietnam, soviets in afghanistan, somalia, iraq, afghanistan today).
Old 03-26-2010, 09:29 PM bingstudent is offline  
Reply With Quote
#30  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:48 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.