General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
then who will pick your prunes, old man?

the 10 to 16 % of unemployed people ?
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-25-2010, 03:59 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#16  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
the 10 to 16 % of unemployed people ?

Those unemployed are above picking prunes.

You have no idea how much I've heard people complaining about jobs in areas where the market is loaded with job openings.
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 03-25-2010, 06:07 AM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#17  

RazorWind
 
RazorWind's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
bzzzt wrong answer.

How does a PAST commission of a crime equate to an ONGOING commission of a crime?

Is being in the US illegally actually a crime? I'd be surprised if it's not a civil matter.

It's also probably important to make the distinction between entering the US illegally, and simply being here illegally. In the former case, entering could be a crime, such as some sort of fraud, but the latter, simply being here, wouldn't necessarily.
__________________
90f54f9cfb4106d1ef0e6a82e53f14
Old 03-25-2010, 07:17 AM RazorWind is offline  
Reply With Quote
#18  

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
It's been a long time since I rented, but don't you need an SSN to rent?
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 03-25-2010, 07:28 AM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#19  

RazorWind
 
RazorWind's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
It's been a long time since I rented, but don't you need an SSN to rent?

While some landlords may require it, I doubt there's any federal law that says you have to. Some states might have a law about that, I guess.
__________________
90f54f9cfb4106d1ef0e6a82e53f14
Old 03-25-2010, 08:08 AM RazorWind is offline  
Reply With Quote
#20  

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorWind View Post
While some landlords may require it, I doubt there's any federal law that says you have to. Some states might have a law about that, I guess.

That's an easy way for that apartment complex to take care of their issue then.
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 03-25-2010, 08:41 AM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#21  

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!
 
Zangmonkey's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Those unemployed are above picking prunes.

You have no idea how much I've heard people complaining about jobs in areas where the market is loaded with job openings.

If those people stopped getting free lunches they'd reconsider being "above" a job
__________________
09 F9
Old 03-25-2010, 09:15 AM Zangmonkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
#22  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
That's an easy way for that apartment complex to take care of their issue then.

Millions of illegal immigrants have a Social Security number, it's just not THEIR Social Security number. The name doesn't match up if you actually check, but few people do. That's how many illegals get legitimate jobs.


Little discussed fact about SS: Illegals actually pay SS tax when they're working above the table. They aren't eligible for benefits though, so they're actually helping keep the system afloat.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:42 AM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#23  

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!
 
Zangmonkey's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
Millions of illegal immigrants have a Social Security number, it's just not THEIR Social Security number. The name doesn't match up if you actually check, but few people do. That's how many illegals get legitimate jobs.


Little discussed fact about SS: Illegals actually pay SS tax when they're working above the table. They aren't eligible for benefits though, so they're actually helping keep the system afloat.


I did a fair amount on consulting work for construction companies. They always reported names and SSN's to the verification agencies and almost never got calls back.

In fact, most of the time there was a problem the construction companies would figure it out themselves when, a few months later, another worker would come along and report a SSN already in use by one of their employees.
__________________
09 F9
Old 03-25-2010, 09:59 AM Zangmonkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
#24  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangmonkey View Post
I did a fair amount on consulting work for construction companies. They always reported names and SSN's to the verification agencies and almost never got calls back.

In fact, most of the time there was a problem the construction companies would figure it out themselves when, a few months later, another worker would come along and report a SSN already in use by one of their employees.

lulz

It's not exactly hard to guess which guys are illegals, but the laws sort of discourages you from really finding out. Some of my family works for a landscaping company, I worked there for awhile and processed new hires. You get 19 year olds claiming to have 6 dependents, but they have a nominally valid SS and driver's license, so you hire 'em and let the IRS deal with it. They never get audited (since they don't really exist of course), the IRS keeps the money they paid in, and apparently everyone is happy.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:03 AM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#25  

bingstudent
I am an idiot!
 
bingstudent's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
bzzzt wrong answer.

How does a PAST commission of a crime equate to an ONGOING commission of a crime?

post link / quote the federal statute that indicates that by living in the US illegally, alien residents are committing one long continuous crime and I will admit I'm wrong.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:13 AM bingstudent is offline  
Reply With Quote
#26  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
post link / quote the federal statute that indicates that by living in the US illegally, alien residents are committing one long continuous crime and I will admit I'm wrong.

are you serious bongstudent?? The crime is not for crossing the border. The crime is for Being here illegally. Thats why if you have a Visa to stay here and it runs out and you dont leave you get arrested for Being here.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorWind View Post
Is being in the US illegally actually a crime? I'd be surprised if it's not a civil matter.

It's also probably important to make the distinction between entering the US illegally, and simply being here illegally. In the former case, entering could be a crime, such as some sort of fraud, but the latter, simply being here, wouldn't necessarily.

covered above.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323

Last edited by TheMorlock; 03-25-2010 at 12:03 PM..
Old 03-25-2010, 11:54 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#27  

bingstudent
I am an idiot!
 
bingstudent's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
are you serious bongstudent?? The crime is not for crossing the border. The crime is for Being here illegally. Thats why if you have a Visa to stay here and it runs out and you dont leave you get arrested for Being here.

post the link / quote the statute that says it's a crime.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:02 PM bingstudent is offline  
Reply With Quote
#28  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
post the link / quote the statute that says it's a crime.

sorry I dont post links for someone being a moron. You are not normally such a moron but you qualify today.

In fact it's possible to interpret the law against harboring an illegal alien to file felony charges against the rental property owner.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-25-2010, 12:09 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#29  

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
post the link / quote the statute that says it's a crime.

You're right. It's not illegal to be an illegal alien.

Acts 270-281 of the Immigration and Nationality Act
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 03-25-2010, 12:14 PM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#30  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:29 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.