General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush
 
Tom Kazansky's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikfuzz050 View Post
So if someone starts shooting heroin and becomes afflicted with endocarditis, the insurance company shouldn't be able to drop them?

You're really stretching the example. Should Wellpoint be allowed to drop breast cancer patients?
__________________
ERTW - Engineers Rule The World
Old 05-02-2010, 08:41 PM Tom Kazansky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#31  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Bukkakeboy
 
Bukkakeboy's Avatar
 
How about people who have acquired diabetes through an unhealthy lifestyle?
__________________
fuck IRL

this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy
Old 05-02-2010, 10:27 PM Bukkakeboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#32  

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikfuzz050 View Post
So if someone starts shooting heroin and becomes afflicted with endocarditis, the insurance company shouldn't be able to drop them?

Should they drop smokers if they get lung cancer?
Should they drop alcohol drinkers for developing cirrhosis?
Should they drop anyone who contracts and STD?

At what point then will they be allowed to pre-emptively drop people?
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 05-03-2010, 05:21 AM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#33  

Electrikfuzz050
 
Electrikfuzz050's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
You're really stretching the example. Should Wellpoint be allowed to drop breast cancer patients?

Breast cancer is generally not developed due to negligence on the patient's part. However in more extreme circumstances, like doing illegal drugs and knowing fucking up your body, then yes, the person should be dropped. Smoking and diabetes on the other hand should increase your rates, rather then causing you to be dropped.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:30 AM Electrikfuzz050 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#34  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikfuzz050 View Post
Breast cancer is generally not developed due to negligence on the patient's part. However in more extreme circumstances, like doing illegal drugs and knowing fucking up your body, then yes, the person should be dropped. Smoking and diabetes on the other hand should increase your rates, rather then causing you to be dropped.

so sport bike riders
skate boarders
rock climbers
Long distance runners
etc should all be dropped if they get injured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
So if someone goes rock climbing and shatters 8 vertebrae in his back because he missed a grab the insurance company shouldn't be able to drop them?
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 05-03-2010, 11:32 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#35  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
It's only fraud if a lawyer can prove it is. Insurance companies put in so many backdoors they'll find a way to themselves out of anything. Katrina is the perfect example of that, although State Farm did end up losing the lawsuit. Wellpoint is only continuing the tradition.

The government can prove almost anything it wants to. Ricoh is a perfect net to use for this.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 05-03-2010, 11:40 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#36  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
so sport bike riders
skate boarders
rock climbers
Long distance runners
etc should all be dropped if they get injured.

As should most people who get injured at work. You were clumsy and fell off the roof? Well fuck you, and learn how to be more careful. A car accident? Well, you should have paid attention.
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 05-03-2010, 11:59 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#37  

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush
 
Tom Kazansky's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikfuzz050 View Post
Breast cancer is generally not developed due to negligence on the patient's part.

That's actually not 100% true. Breast cancer was recently linked to smoking, which also causes the majority of cases of lung cancer. In any case, it's impossible to afford treatment for cancer unless you're a top 1% of wage earners, and coming from a family which has lost several members to it, I would know the associated expenses very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikfuzz050 View Post
However in more extreme circumstances, like doing illegal drugs and knowing fucking up your body, then yes, the person should be dropped. Smoking and diabetes on the other hand should increase your rates, rather then causing you to be dropped.

You roll the dice every time you cross the road. Where do you draw the line? Every human being will come with a set of risk factors. Insurance companies have a record of dropping pretty much everyone for any reason. This Wellpoint is only the latest example. At some point, someone has to step in and say it's wrong for insurance companies to collect money for a service they don't plan on providing.
__________________
ERTW - Engineers Rule The World
Old 05-03-2010, 01:21 PM Tom Kazansky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#38  

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush
 
Tom Kazansky's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
The government can prove almost anything it wants to. Ricoh is a perfect net to use for this.

No they can't. If that were the case, the government would never be unsuccessful when legal action is brought against them.

Besides, that doesn't matter. The government will not be going to bat for individuals like John Q. Public when they challenge their insurance companies for coming up with like "your hurricane destroyed house was damaged by wind and not the water so we wont cover you".
__________________
ERTW - Engineers Rule The World
Old 05-03-2010, 01:23 PM Tom Kazansky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#39  

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush
 
Tom Kazansky's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
As should most people who get injured at work. You were clumsy and fell off the roof? Well fuck you, and learn how to be more careful. A car accident? Well, you should have paid attention.

Obviously.

Own a cellphone? Fuck your cancer bill, that's your fault for being a dumbass owning a cellphone!

Got a sunburn one time and now you have skin cancer? Tear that claim up! The cancer is likely due to that one sunburn you had and therefore your skin cancer is a result of your own negligence for which the insurance company cannot be held liable. Feel free to keep paying into your policy though.
__________________
ERTW - Engineers Rule The World
Old 05-03-2010, 01:24 PM Tom Kazansky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#40  

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush
 
Tom Kazansky's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukkakeboy View Post
How about people who have acquired diabetes through an unhealthy lifestyle?

So you want insurance companies to operate in a climate without any risk whatsoever?

Amazing. I hope you wrote a personal cheque to Goldman Sachs in 2008 as well, because Lord forbid they make a bad call on investments.

The whole reason people buy insurance is to cover themselves in case "shit happens". If shit doesn't happen, the insurance company gets to keep your money, so why shouldn't they pay you for the "service" that YOU PAY THEM FOR when shit actually does?
__________________
ERTW - Engineers Rule The World
Old 05-03-2010, 01:28 PM Tom Kazansky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#41  

Electrikfuzz050
 
Electrikfuzz050's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
So you want insurance companies to operate in a climate without any risk whatsoever?

Amazing. I hope you wrote a personal cheque to Goldman Sachs in 2008 as well, because Lord forbid they make a bad call on investments.

The whole reason people buy insurance is to cover themselves in case "shit happens". If shit doesn't happen, the insurance company gets to keep your money, so why shouldn't they pay you for the "service" that YOU PAY THEM FOR when shit actually does?

I have no problem with insurance companies providing compensation to people when it's needed or deserved. What I have a problem with is forcing them to insure morbidly obese people and chain smokers.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:42 PM Electrikfuzz050 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#42  

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikfuzz050 View Post
I have no problem with insurance companies providing compensation to people when it's needed or deserved. What I have a problem with is forcing them to insure morbidly obese people and chain smokers.

Where do you draw the line though? At what point are you morbidly obese? At what point are you a chain smoker?
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 05-03-2010, 01:46 PM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#43  

Electrikfuzz050
 
Electrikfuzz050's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Where do you draw the line though? At what point are you morbidly obese? At what point are you a chain smoker?

A person is considered morbidly obese when their obesity affects other areas of their health. i.e. heart disease, diabetes, sleep apnea, etc.

I'm sure you're aware what chain smoking is, however in most cases it's a sign of nicotine addiction, which is what I meant by it.

I wouldn't be totally opposed to having some regulation where the insurance company can tell you to lower your risk factor, i.e. lose weight or stop smoking, and some sort of time period to do this, depending on what the patient is afflicted with, before being able to drop the patient.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:13 PM Electrikfuzz050 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#44  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
I too, demand that everyone follow the lifestyle I dictate to be the correct one.



sieg heil
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 05-03-2010, 02:26 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#45  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:11 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.