General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
For the record, I as a Puerto Rican, lived in Arizona right at the border for 4 years so I don't want to hear that Puerto Ricans don't live in Arizona.
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 04-28-2010, 08:30 AM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#16  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
I agree with the part you mentioned about the bill. Day Laborers are almost always illegal nowadays.

The part I have issues with is Article 8 Section B



This basically says, I will be stopped anytime I go to Arizona.

The rest of the bill I agree with 100%
Yeah, that is the part I strongly disagree with...not simply giving police the power (which is open to abuse) but telling them they MUST do it or there could be job consequences. On the other hand, this is simply a reaction to what has really become a crisis for border states and the feds don't seem to really want to help. I understand that it is a complicated issue, and it can be political suicide leaning too far to one side or the other..but something must be done. I don't think this new Arizona law will do much beyond create ill will and distrust with law enforcement in that state...and may push some border jumpers to choose California, Texas or New Mexico instead. I know there is one tiny border town in far west Texas that is so overrun with border jumpers and those seeking asylum (which is rarely granted) that city law enforcement, schools etc.. can't cope any more. Many long time residents are fleeing to other parts of the state because of fears that whatever these people are running from might follow them across the border some day.
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 04-28-2010, 08:35 AM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#17  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
I know the law doesn't explicitly state this. However, that human judgement (which included the intention of making this law) is biased towards Hispanics.

Because you can be damn sure, even those there's a recent high influx of them, that Canadians will not be stopped or even questioned.

http://marketplace.publicradio.org/d...ns-in-arizona/

I don't think anyone should be questioned or detained unless there's a real reason to. I'm not going to wear a star on my shirt to signify that I'm a Hispanic with American citizenship just to be left alone.

Please point out where we have a huge problem of ILLEGAL canadians. And are you suggesting that candians who are actually BUYING houses, as in they have money to do so, and SPENDING IT HERE, are at the same level of MASSIVE amounts of unskilled and poor ILLEGALS who suck up jobs from citizens and tax dollars from their use of government services, while send BILLIONS of their money OUT OF THE COUNTRY and so OUT OF OUR ECONOMY. You're actually comparing the two. really, are you?
Old 04-28-2010, 08:38 AM topcat989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#18  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
What if this person does all this but is Puerto Rican?
Waving a mexican flag on the 4th of July? That would be a confused Puerto Rican.

But, yeah I see what you mean..there are still far too may people that automatically label anyone with vaguely hispanic features as 'Mexican"...and don't realize just how many different Spanish speaking countries that person could trace their ancestry to.
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 04-28-2010, 08:41 AM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#19  

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
As I said, I fully understand the concept of stopping the day laborers. I understand the harsher punishments for transporting illegals. I back those up fully.

But as soon as US citizens now become unlawfully detained, that's where I draw the line
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 04-28-2010, 08:43 AM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#20  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
What if this person does all this but is Puerto Rican?

same as mexican. If he's legal, then no problem. If the puerto rican is illegal, he goes too. Hell if they catch somebody white and they're illegal, they go. It's complete how the pro illegals crowd plays the race card. As if it were white people who take work away from me (which hispanic illegals do, they directly take work away from me, not "hypothetically" ) or ratchet up the taxes I pay to pay for them, it's as if we'd all be fine with it then. BULLSHIT.

What do I give a fuck of the color of someone taking work away from me or being a burden, it wouldn't make me feel any better if they was white.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:44 AM topcat989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#21  

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
Please point out where we have a huge problem of ILLEGAL canadians. And are you suggesting that candians who are actually BUYING houses, as in they have money to do so, and SPENDING IT HERE, are at the same level of MASSIVE amounts of unskilled and poor ILLEGALS who suck up jobs from citizens and tax dollars from their use of government services, while send BILLIONS of their money OUT OF THE COUNTRY and so OUT OF OUR ECONOMY. You're actually comparing the two. really, are you?

So it's ok to be here illegally as long as you spend money? Really?
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 04-28-2010, 08:45 AM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#22  

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
same as mexican. If he's legal, then no problem. If the puerto rican is illegal, he goes too. Hell if they catch somebody white and they're illegal, they go. It's complete how the pro illegals crowd plays the race card. As if it were white people who take work away from me (which hispanic illegals do, they directly take work away from me, not "hypothetically" ) or ratchet up the taxes I pay to pay for them, it's as if we'd all be fine with it then. BULLSHIT.

What do I give a fuck of the color of someone taking work away from me or being a burden, it wouldn't make me feel any better if they was white.

All Puerto Ricans are legal. The fact that I'd have to be questioned because my skin is brown should not be legal.
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 04-28-2010, 08:47 AM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#23  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
As I said, I fully understand the concept of stopping the day laborers. I understand the harsher punishments for transporting illegals. I back those up fully.

But as soon as US citizens now become unlawfully detained, that's where I draw the line

If they fit the profile and don't have their documentation, I have no problem with short detainment in order to sort things out. What's the problem with that? If you don't like that, then put the blame where it belongs: ON the ILLEGALS and all who support and enable them so much that the border is a fucking joke and so is the rest of the immigration system.........
Old 04-28-2010, 08:47 AM topcat989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#24  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
So it's ok to be here illegally as long as you spend money? Really?

Please point out in your article linked where it said the canadians were here illegally. I missed that.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:48 AM topcat989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#25  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
All Puerto Ricans are legal. The fact that I'd have to be questioned because my skin is brown should not be legal.

You don't HAVE to be questioned because your skin is brown. It sounds like you are swallowing the ACLU freak out propaganda about the bill. If you're hanging out in front of home depot with a bunch of illegals and get asked, show your license. Do you have a driver's license? Or just speak fluent english, you seem to write it, I assume you speak it.

But hanging out in front of home depot with a bike chained to a tree saying "No habla englse" to the officer, yeah........


as far as the puerto rician, heh, forgot about the commonwealth status....
Old 04-28-2010, 08:52 AM topcat989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#26  

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
If they fit the profile and don't have their documentation, I have no problem with short detainment in order to sort things out. What's the problem with that? If you don't like that, then put the blame where it belongs: ON the ILLEGALS and all who support and enable them so much that the border is a fucking joke and so is the rest of the immigration system.........

Fit the profile? What's the profile of an illegal alien?
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 04-28-2010, 08:53 AM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#27  

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
You don't HAVE to be questioned because your skin is brown. It sounds like you are swallowing the ACLU freak out propaganda about the bill. If you're hanging out in front of home depot with a bunch of illegals and get asked, show your license. Do you have a driver's license? Or just speak fluent english, you seem to write it, I assume you speak it.

But hanging out in front of home depot with a bike chained to a tree saying "No habla englse" to the officer, yeah........

I speak fluent English. Both my parents do not. My dad served in the US Military for 25 years.

Do you really think the cops are only going to patrol Home Depot? I haven't even read ACLU's stance on this.

My issue is that because I'm Hispanic, I risk being questioned by the cops
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 04-28-2010, 08:55 AM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#28  

Forever Domon
 
Forever Domon's Avatar
 
90+% of the population is probably hispanic there. Including a large number of the cops.

They just dont have the manpower to question everyone. So dont act suspicious and give them a reason to, and it wont be an issue.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:01 AM Forever Domon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#29  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Fit the profile? What's the profile of an illegal alien?

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
If the mass majority of people in this country are of hispanic "race" (and you're fucking ting yourself if you say NO THEY AIN'TS ) then racial profiling is a reasonable tool to use to enforce the law. I'm right in the middle of WE ILLEGALS! land, and it's pretty easy to guess the illegal 99 times out of a 100. You could do the illegals version of foxworthy's "you might be a redneck if...." routine.

If you see a 30yr or older hispanic riding a bike in work clothes......he might be an illegal

If you see a hispanic hang out with other hispanics at the home depot parking lot......he might be an illegal....and the percentages go up from 99.99345% to 100% when there's 40 fucking bikes chained to the trees around the hispanics

If you get wrecked by a hispanic and they "hit &run" ......they might be an illegal

If you hear a hispanic speak spanish but cannot speak english......he might be an illegal

If you see hispanics in medical facilities that need to be spoken to in spanish by bi-lingual medical staff......he might be an illegal

If a hispanic is a member of MS-13, Mexican mafia, or the norentanous or surenous gangs......he might be an illegal

If he marches in the street waving a mexican flag on the 4th of july......he might be an illegal

and a thousand other "indicators".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
I speak fluent English. Both my parents do not. Why not?

My issue is that because I'm Hispanic, I risk being questioned by the cops

If that bothers you then take it up with the PRO illegals people. They brought the issue to this level.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:07 AM topcat989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#30  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:20 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.