General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

ricalo suarvalez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Their knowledgebase is worthless.

Having used a Mac for close to 2 decades at this point, I can tell you I've found it very useful in the past.

Care to qualify/verify that? Worthless to whom?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Mixomatosys
Cool Kid

i like mac's iDevices.

i don't like their computers.

i own an iphone, ipad, and a windows desktop. i would kill myself if i had to do day to day computer activities on OS X.

Coqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricalo suarvalez View Post
Having used a Mac for close to 2 decades at this point, I can tell you I've found it very useful in the past.

Care to qualify/verify that? Worthless to whom?

Having supported macs for close to 1.5 decades

Worthless to guys attempting to find out how to fix Panics that are occurring every day on the OS to the point that the user has to run a repair on the system to fix the permissions (He had to do it daily)

I found the fix elsewhere. The knowledgebase just told me to fix the permissions.

CRasch
A Righteous Infliction of Retribution

MuffinMan8869

Quote:
If they make their walkman (in this case the iPod) be able to access the Internet, then it should support flash. The only things that should support flash (espescially if they're backing heavily on Adobe products) is anything they allow to connect to the Internet. (which were all 5 of the products I mentioned)

Uh... No. Flash should not be on a mobile device. It takes too much power, opens up a thousand possibilities for malware, wasn't designed for for small devices, takes too much bandwidth (we are talking 3g here) etc etc.

if you want to argue not having flash in the ipad, i can see that. But the iphone,ipod or any other phone size device shouldn't have flash.

i shudder to think what my phone would be like with flash

Runding

Quote:
If they make their walkman (in this case the iPod) be able to access the Internet, then it should support flash. The only things that should support flash (espescially if they're backing heavily on Adobe products) is anything they allow to connect to the Internet. (which were all 5 of the products I mentioned)

Thats retarded.

RIM has more marketshare than anyone and I don't see it on their phones. I guess they're stupid.

Coqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runding View Post
Thats retarded.

RIM has more marketshare than anyone and I don't see it on their phones. I guess they're stupid.

RIM doesn't back their software and hardware so heavily from Adobe products.

Apparently people like to read only part of my posts.

Coqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMan8869 View Post
Uh... No. Flash should not be on a mobile device. It takes too much power, opens up a thousand possibilities for malware, wasn't designed for for small devices, takes too much bandwidth (we are talking 3g here) etc etc.

BUT Apple products are impervious to malware according to Apple.

MuffinMan8869

Dude you are grasping for straws here. If apple and only apple were the only ones doing it, and didn't have any justifiable reasons to do it (they do) then you might have an anti apple rant that makes sense.

but right now it doesn't. As i said, rip into apple all you want about no flash on the ipad, but on a phone,ipod its really stupid and you have no valid argument.

Electrikfuzz050

Quote:
BUT Apple products are impervious to malware according to Apple.

b10

Runding

Quote:
RIM doesn't back their software and hardware so heavily from Adobe products.

Apparently people like to read only part of my posts.

Apparently mobile devices are the same thing as a straight up computer? Really?

I hate Apple as much as the other guys, but I don't make stupid arguments.

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush

Quote:
Dude you are grasping for straws here. If apple and only apple were the only ones doing it, and didn't have any justifiable reasons to do it (they do) then you might have an anti apple rant that makes sense.

but right now it doesn't. As i said, rip into apple all you want about no flash on the ipad, but on a phone,ipod its really stupid and you have no valid argument.

Phones and iPods do have WiFi though, that you can use on the road in case you're not carrying around your laptop, or if you're stupid enough to buy one, your iPad. You should be able to use flash with them, perhaps not through the network, but at least via WiFi.

What about Apple's killing of Adobe's Flash->iPhone converter? That's where I think Apple's becoming Nazi. Not as much the fact they wont support flash, but the fact they're eliminating attempts that can make it work on their system.

I'm not a software eng or CS though, so I might be wrong and what you said might still apply.

Mixomatosys
Cool Kid

it's not about the bandwidth, it's about how much of a CPU hog flash is.

Coqui

Quote:

Quote:
Adobe announced at the GSMA Mobile World Congress here Monday that Flash Player 10, which is the full version of Flash that runs on PCs, will be available on smartphones running Windows Mobile, Google's Android, Nokia S60/Symbian, and the new Palm operating systems.
You were saying?

Coqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runding View Post
Apparently mobile devices are the same thing as a straight up computer? Really?.

I assume your phone just makes calls now right? People ARE replacing computers with cell phones.

Look at the phones coming out right now. Both the Incredible and EVO are getting to the point that they can become PC replacements. Tack on 4g network, and you have speeds comparable or faster than your standard cable broadband.

On phones now, you can Open, edit, and save Office documents, browse the web, send and receive emails, play games, listen to music, take pictures, take video,

On phones just out or coming out very soon (within the next month) you can video conference

Other than your specialized items, why can't you use a cell phone as a straight up computer?