General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

SemperFly

▲, chill out. domon stated he doesn't have a problem with it, he's just presenting some of the arguments used by the detractors

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

sorry I got excited. haven't posted in the pit in a while.

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

two things:

1) it's employment discrimination, bottom line, as an issue of morals it's wrong because it denigrates the common humanity of gay and lesbian soldiers, as a practical issue there seems to be pretty good evidence that it undermines the quality of our forces ( there are high profile stories about people that do a really good job getting discharged because of it ).

2) nyc fleet week is just ending and I had relations with three different sailors so yeah ... the military is already full of fags.

SemperFly

I don't see much hostility about the issue in my unit but I do see a LOT of it on forums most heavily populated by retired marines or guys that got out after iraq (1 or 2) and then went into law enforcement

surprisingly, some of the most vehement arguments come from the black marines. they refuse to allow anyone to make the connection between discrimination of gays and blacks, especially in the military.

and one of them really reminds me of uncle ruckus.

SemperFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post

2) nyc fleet week is just ending and I had relations with three different sailors so yeah ... the military is already full of fags.

enjoy your aids, herp and burning dick

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

gotta play safe or stay on the bench these days.

augusttremulous
The Cat's Pajamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post

surprisingly, some of the most vehement arguments come from the black marines. they refuse to allow anyone to make the connection between discrimination of gays and blacks, especially in the military.

1. Their community tends to be more strongly opposed to homosexuality, particularly since many of them have strict religious backgrounds

2. As a straight cisgendered caucasian who's never had to struggle with either race or homosexuality personally, I can't claim to know what it's like, so I can understand how they might not like one to be linked with the other; perhaps they think it's a choice (whereas race is not) or that because they have the option of hiding it, it's better (whereas you cannot hide race.)

Either way, I think it's safe to say that the comparisons made are not meant to undermine the struggle of african americans' civil liberties and/or right to serve unsegregated in the military, but rather as an example of something that was once thought to be just as disgusting and morally reprehensible as homosexuality is thought to be today by some folks.
39TH STREET
rmtc<3
8=,,,,===D BlisterDick is the hawtness I desire :drool:

Forever Domon

Quote:
Originally Posted by augusttremulous View Post
1. Their community tends to be more strongly opposed to homosexuality, particularly since many of them have strict religious backgrounds

2. As a straight cisgendered caucasian who's never had to struggle with either race or homosexuality personally, I can't claim to know what it's like, so I can understand how they might not like one to be linked with the other; perhaps they think it's a choice (whereas race is not) or that because they have the option of hiding it, it's better (whereas you cannot hide race.)

Either way, I think it's safe to say that the comparisons made are not meant to undermine the struggle of african americans' civil liberties and/or right to serve unsegregated in the military, but rather as an example of something that was once thought to be just as disgusting and morally reprehensible as homosexuality is thought to be today by some folks.
wtf is cisgendered

edit: i read the wiki and im still confused.

SemperFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by domonbaylespam View Post
wtf is cisgendered

edit: i read the wiki and im still confused.

basically a stupid new word that means "not a tranny" so that transgenders don't feel bad about having to be labeled

pc in the name of self-esteem. i'm all for people being allowed to serve but note that they damn well better be able to accept the jokes that will follow

Forever Domon

Quote:
basically a stupid new word that means "not a tranny" so that transgenders don't feel bad about having to be labeled

pc in the name of self-esteem. i'm all for people being allowed to serve but note that they damn well better be able to accept the jokes that will follow
so, normal? as in you have an y chromosome and a penis or two x chromosomes and a vagina?

Since when did we need a special term for that.

SemperFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by augusttremulous View Post
perhaps they think it's a choice (whereas race is not)
This is what riles me up the most. Same fucking idiots that denounce the science of evolution are the ones that shove their fingers in their ears screaming "i can't hear you" when shown the mountains of evidence that refutes the retarded idea that sexual orientation is a choice.

goddamn morons

When faced with those idiots, I point out that religion is a choice yet no one suggests banning jews from serving despite the fact that there is still a problem with anti-semitism in the military.

augusttremulous
The Cat's Pajamas

Quote:

It means I'm comfortable with the gender I was born as, i.e. I have ovaries, so I'm female. You can feel like you're physically the wrong gender, and not necessarily be gay or transexual.
Remember the south park episode where Randy was on wheel of fortune? The lesson at the end for Stan was "I don't get it." I can try and understand, but I'm not claiming to speak for any particular minority that has a history and culture that I am not nor have ever been a part of.
All of this is another argument for another thread, my point was I'm privileged, and I won't pretend to know their struggle, all I can do is try.
39TH STREET
rmtc<3

SemperFly

Quote:
so, normal? as in you have an y chromosome and a penis or two x chromosomes and a vagina?

Since when did we need a special term for that.

nono, not tranny as in transsexual, tranny as in transgendered (born one sex but psychologically identifies with the opposite)

basically, dude born a dude that thinks he's a dude as opposed to dude born a dude that thinks he's a chick

Forever Domon

Quote:
nono, not tranny as in transsexual, tranny as in transgendered (born one sex but psychologically identifies with the opposite)

basically, dude born a dude that thinks he's a dude as opposed to dude born a dude that thinks he's a chick
so, normal then.

augusttremulous
The Cat's Pajamas

Quote:
so, normal then.

This is veering dangerously into a very different topic/argument.
39TH STREET
rmtc<3