General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by augusttremulous View Post
It means I'm comfortable with the gender I was born as, i.e. I have ovaries, so I'm female. You can feel like you're physically the wrong gender, and not necessarily be gay or transexual.
I know, and that's perfectly fine. I just think it's asinine to have to create a label for the vast majority of the population just because a small subset feels bad about having to carry said label. Boo fucking hoo.
Quote:
Remember the south park episode where Randy was on wheel of fortune? The lesson at the end for Stan was "I don't get it." I can try and understand, but I'm not claiming to speak for any particular minority that has a history and culture that I am not nor have ever been a part of.
All of this is another argument for another thread, my point was I'm privileged, and I won't pretend to know their struggle, all I can do is try.
Feel that way if you want but I will never feel "privileged" because I'm straight or look white or was born with a well-formed, gorgeous penis.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:57 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#76  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

bingstudent
I am an idiot!
 
bingstudent's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by domonbaylespam View Post
wtf is cisgendered

edit: i read the wiki and im still confused.

cisgendered means there's consistency between one's biological sexuality and the mental conception of their sexuality.

example: you know you are a man, you also have the same physiology of a man, you are cisgendered.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:58 PM bingstudent is offline  
Reply With Quote
#77  

augusttremulous
The Cat's Pajamas
 
augusttremulous's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
I know, and that's perfectly fine. I just think it's asinine to have to create a label for the vast majority of the population just because a small subset feels bad about having to carry said label. Boo fucking hoo.

Feel that way if you want but I will never feel "privileged" because I'm straight or look white or was born with a well-formed, gorgeous penis.

Maybe you're adverse to labels because as a "white looking" straight cisgendered male you've never felt subjected to them before

Recognize it or not, you have privilege. I don't want to derail here, so I'll PM you to continue this/
__________________
d4rkspike, wrxhottie, whizzleteets, and asa
Arátoeldar = dad
OddFactor is my spoiled grandson,sloths is my leetle bro
39TH STREET
rmtc<3
8=,,,,===D BlisterDick is the hawtness I desire :drool:
Old 05-31-2010, 06:01 PM augusttremulous is offline  
Reply With Quote
#78  

bingstudent
I am an idiot!
 
bingstudent's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
I know, and that's perfectly fine. I just think it's asinine to have to create a label for the vast majority of the population just because a small subset feels bad about having to carry said label. Boo fucking hoo.

I don't really think it's a label designed to make transgendered folks not feel bad ... it's just a pretty basic dichotomy, cis / trans.

It really doesn't make sense to say that someone comfortable with their biological gender is just plain "gendered" ... it does make sense to say they're cisgendered as opposed to trans.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:02 PM bingstudent is offline  
Reply With Quote
#79  

Forever Domon
 
Forever Domon's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by augusttremulous View Post
This is veering dangerously into a very different topic/argument.
normal simply meaning the state which the majority of human beings occupy. Although ive never seen statistics, one would assume there has to be more straight people than gay people, or our species would have died out.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:02 PM Forever Domon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#80  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by domonbaylespam View Post
so, normal then.

yeah, I was just pointing out the distinction between transsexual and transgendered

I think. Maybe. fuck if I know

It reminds me of the navy vet that was born a dude, is still biologically and legally a dude, but wants to wear the female uniform to official VFW functions. I think that's a crock of bull as well. If he/she/whatever wants to legally or medically become female, then wear the female uniform but as long as one is biologically or legally (preferably biologically for medical and administrative purposes) male then you will wear the uniform prescribed for wear by males.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:04 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#81  

bingstudent
I am an idiot!
 
bingstudent's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by domonbaylespam View Post
normal simply meaning the state which the majority of human beings occupy. Although ive never seen statistics, one would assume there has to be more straight people than gay people, or our species would have died out.

cis v transgender doesn't really have to do with straight v gay, our species can and certainly has survived thousands of years of people feeling not so comfortable with the sex organs they were born with.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:04 PM bingstudent is offline  
Reply With Quote
#82  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by augusttremulous View Post
Maybe you're adverse to labels because as a "white looking" straight cisgendered male you've never felt subjected to them before

Recognize it or not, you have privilege. I don't want to derail here, so I'll PM you to continue this/

No, I've been subject to labels before and still am. I spent enough time growing up in foreign countries where simply being American was a stigma. I'm not adverse to labels, I'm adverse to the useless labeling of things that don't need to be labeled because they are already the norm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
I don't really think it's a label designed to make transgendered folks not feel bad ... it's just a pretty basic dichotomy, cis / trans.

It really doesn't make sense to say that someone comfortable with their biological gender is just plain "gendered" ... it does make sense to say they're cisgendered as opposed to trans.

Or, y'know, just "not transgendered".

I do get yours and august's points, though. It triggered a rant nonetheless.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:08 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#83  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
Note that in this situation she would have volunteered for it before those 10 guys would have been allowed in.

Yes, but when you volunteer (and when you volunteered, I'd think), I'd assume you were full aware that you might perhaps see less of personal privacy, and more cock and ass than you vouched for (though I know what kinda ballgame you play ) ...?

I just don't see what the point is in saying "hey think if it was you in a socially fucking awkward situation" when you're basically signing up for some. I mean ...hey, if you don't like cock, ass, or getting shot at, don't go. Okay?


Now, that doesn't mean one's supposed to be thrown to an angry pack of lustful gays on sight, but I think if you're willing to sign a dotted line where it's possible that uncle sam is going to send you to some shitfucking jungle to get shot at, I think it's overtly sensitive to think of scenarios how someone gets offended over someone else being of different sexual orientation regardless of the fact no one's there to mate, regardless of their choice of rape vict... I mean consentual partners.
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 05-31-2010, 06:18 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#84  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
I agree with you, I'm just saying it's different than signing up specifically to see cock&balls.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:21 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#85  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
I agree with you, I'm just saying it's different than signing up specifically to see cock&balls.

Well, true. Though, it's the perks that make every job worthwhile

(on a sidenote, has anyone here that's straight, actually ever been hit on by someone of the same gender?)
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 05-31-2010, 06:22 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#86  

Forever Domon
 
Forever Domon's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Well, true. Though, it's the perks that make every job worthwhile

(on a sidenote, has anyone here that's straight, actually ever been hit on by someone of the same gender?)
yeah, it was really awkward.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:23 PM Forever Domon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#87  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Well, true. Though, it's the perks that make every job worthwhile

(on a sidenote, has anyone here that's straight, actually ever been hit on by someone of the same gender?)

dbzeag hits on me all the time but I think it's just to make me feel better, I don't think I'm his type
Old 05-31-2010, 06:28 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#88  

augusttremulous
The Cat's Pajamas
 
augusttremulous's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Well, true. Though, it's the perks that make every job worthwhile

(on a sidenote, has anyone here that's straight, actually ever been hit on by someone of the same gender?)

yes, and I was flattered but not interested.
__________________
d4rkspike, wrxhottie, whizzleteets, and asa
Arátoeldar = dad
OddFactor is my spoiled grandson,sloths is my leetle bro
39TH STREET
rmtc<3
8=,,,,===D BlisterDick is the hawtness I desire :drool:
Old 05-31-2010, 06:29 PM augusttremulous is offline  
Reply With Quote
#89  

Forever Domon
 
Forever Domon's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by augusttremulous View Post
yes, and I was flattered but not interested.

I certainly wasnt flattered. It just made me wonder "do i come off as gay?"
Old 05-31-2010, 06:30 PM Forever Domon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#90  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:01 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.