General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

SemperFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by augusttremulous View Post
It means I'm comfortable with the gender I was born as, i.e. I have ovaries, so I'm female. You can feel like you're physically the wrong gender, and not necessarily be gay or transexual.
I know, and that's perfectly fine. I just think it's asinine to have to create a label for the vast majority of the population just because a small subset feels bad about having to carry said label. Boo fucking hoo.
Quote:
Remember the south park episode where Randy was on wheel of fortune? The lesson at the end for Stan was "I don't get it." I can try and understand, but I'm not claiming to speak for any particular minority that has a history and culture that I am not nor have ever been a part of.
All of this is another argument for another thread, my point was I'm privileged, and I won't pretend to know their struggle, all I can do is try.
Feel that way if you want but I will never feel "privileged" because I'm straight or look white or was born with a well-formed, gorgeous penis.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by domonbaylespam View Post
wtf is cisgendered

edit: i read the wiki and im still confused.

cisgendered means there's consistency between one's biological sexuality and the mental conception of their sexuality.

example: you know you are a man, you also have the same physiology of a man, you are cisgendered.

augusttremulous
The Cat's Pajamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
I know, and that's perfectly fine. I just think it's asinine to have to create a label for the vast majority of the population just because a small subset feels bad about having to carry said label. Boo fucking hoo.

Feel that way if you want but I will never feel "privileged" because I'm straight or look white or was born with a well-formed, gorgeous penis.

Maybe you're adverse to labels because as a "white looking" straight cisgendered male you've never felt subjected to them before

Recognize it or not, you have privilege. I don't want to derail here, so I'll PM you to continue this/
39TH STREET
rmtc<3
8=,,,,===D BlisterDick is the hawtness I desire :drool:

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

Quote:

I don't really think it's a label designed to make transgendered folks not feel bad ... it's just a pretty basic dichotomy, cis / trans.

It really doesn't make sense to say that someone comfortable with their biological gender is just plain "gendered" ... it does make sense to say they're cisgendered as opposed to trans.

Forever Domon

Quote:
This is veering dangerously into a very different topic/argument.
normal simply meaning the state which the majority of human beings occupy. Although ive never seen statistics, one would assume there has to be more straight people than gay people, or our species would have died out.

SemperFly

Quote:
so, normal then.

yeah, I was just pointing out the distinction between transsexual and transgendered

I think. Maybe. fuck if I know

It reminds me of the navy vet that was born a dude, is still biologically and legally a dude, but wants to wear the female uniform to official VFW functions. I think that's a crock of bull as well. If he/she/whatever wants to legally or medically become female, then wear the female uniform but as long as one is biologically or legally (preferably biologically for medical and administrative purposes) male then you will wear the uniform prescribed for wear by males.

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

Quote:
normal simply meaning the state which the majority of human beings occupy. Although ive never seen statistics, one would assume there has to be more straight people than gay people, or our species would have died out.

cis v transgender doesn't really have to do with straight v gay, our species can and certainly has survived thousands of years of people feeling not so comfortable with the sex organs they were born with.

SemperFly

Quote:
Maybe you're adverse to labels because as a "white looking" straight cisgendered male you've never felt subjected to them before

Recognize it or not, you have privilege. I don't want to derail here, so I'll PM you to continue this/

No, I've been subject to labels before and still am. I spent enough time growing up in foreign countries where simply being American was a stigma. I'm not adverse to labels, I'm adverse to the useless labeling of things that don't need to be labeled because they are already the norm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
I don't really think it's a label designed to make transgendered folks not feel bad ... it's just a pretty basic dichotomy, cis / trans.

It really doesn't make sense to say that someone comfortable with their biological gender is just plain "gendered" ... it does make sense to say they're cisgendered as opposed to trans.

Or, y'know, just "not transgendered".

I do get yours and august's points, though. It triggered a rant nonetheless.

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
Note that in this situation she would have volunteered for it before those 10 guys would have been allowed in.

Yes, but when you volunteer (and when you volunteered, I'd think), I'd assume you were full aware that you might perhaps see less of personal privacy, and more cock and ass than you vouched for (though I know what kinda ballgame you play ) ...?

I just don't see what the point is in saying "hey think if it was you in a socially fucking awkward situation" when you're basically signing up for some. I mean ...hey, if you don't like cock, ass, or getting shot at, don't go. Okay?

Now, that doesn't mean one's supposed to be thrown to an angry pack of lustful gays on sight, but I think if you're willing to sign a dotted line where it's possible that uncle sam is going to send you to some shitfucking jungle to get shot at, I think it's overtly sensitive to think of scenarios how someone gets offended over someone else being of different sexual orientation regardless of the fact no one's there to mate, regardless of their choice of rape vict... I mean consentual partners.

SemperFly

I agree with you, I'm just saying it's different than signing up specifically to see cock&balls.

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
I agree with you, I'm just saying it's different than signing up specifically to see cock&balls.

Well, true. Though, it's the perks that make every job worthwhile

(on a sidenote, has anyone here that's straight, actually ever been hit on by someone of the same gender?)

Forever Domon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post

(on a sidenote, has anyone here that's straight, actually ever been hit on by someone of the same gender?)
yeah, it was really awkward.

SemperFly

Quote:

dbzeag hits on me all the time but I think it's just to make me feel better, I don't think I'm his type

augusttremulous
The Cat's Pajamas

Quote:

yes, and I was flattered but not interested.
39TH STREET
rmtc<3
8=,,,,===D BlisterDick is the hawtness I desire :drool:

Forever Domon

Quote:
yes, and I was flattered but not interested.

I certainly wasnt flattered. It just made me wonder "do i come off as gay?"