General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

loner

Racism in my Tea Party? It's more likely than you think.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...le_letter.html

Quick recap:

Mark Williams and his organization, the "Tea Party Express," have been kicked out of the National Tea Party Federation over a blog post he wrote, then later removed.

A section of his post pretending to be a letter from slaves to President Lincoln:
Quote:
"We Coloreds have taken a vote and decided that we don't cotton to that whole emancipation thing. Freedom means having to work for real, think for ourselves, and take consequences along with the rewards. That is just far too much to ask of us Colored People and we demand that it stop!"

He went on to say blacks don't want taxes cut because "how will we Colored People ever get a wide screen TV in every room if non-coloreds get to keep what they earn?"
On the one hand, I have to commend the Tea Party for taking steps to remove racist ideology from its ranks. On the other hand, I have to hope that this gets them to admit that there's a much larger problem here. Racism is pervasive in the organization, and it's going to take a lot more than just removing the most blatant offenders. After all, this nutjob was tolerated just fine while he was calling Scott Stringer a "Jewish Uncle Tom" and Obama an "Indonesian Muslim turned welfare thug."

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

sigh

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

of course thats before he starts yelling about wanting to kill whitey.

wwilliam54

Quote:
Originally Posted by loner View Post
I have to commend the Tea Party for taking steps to remove racist ideology from its ranks.

Whats gonna be left after that, like 10 people.
I think its pretty obvious to the other 90% of the population that racism was the whole point.

teh scud

I like that this came right after NAACP was saying the Tea party should do things like this (Fox was blasting NAACP for saying such things, too -- will be interesting to see if they cover this, since Fox was basically in full support of the Tea Party Express).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
sigh

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

of course thats before he starts yelling about wanting to kill whitey.

That guy is a black panther -- what do you expect?

Last edited by teh scud; 07-19-2010 at 12:11 AM..

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh scud View Post
I like that this came right after NCAA was saying the Tea party should do things like this (Fox was blasting NCAA for saying such things, too).

That guy is a black panther -- what do you expect?

I expect him to be prosecuted. And not have groups of people throw up smokescreens hoping the agitation over the lack of prosecution blows away.

teh scud

Quote:
I expect him to be prosecuted. And not have groups of people throw up smokescreens hoping the agitation over the lack of prosecution blows away.

Based on what I've seen, yeah he should be prosecuted. Though I haven't heard why they decided to drop charges -- I'd be curious as to how they'd defend that decision, though on the surface it does seem silly.

But you posting it in this thread just seems unnecessary.

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh scud View Post
Based on what I've seen, yeah he should be prosecuted. Though I haven't heard why they decided to drop charges -- I'd be curious as to how they'd defend that decision, though on the surface it does seem silly.

But you posting it in this thread just seems unnecessary.

Seems there is a Federal government policy to NOT prosecute blacks for voter intimidation crimes.

Haven't you been watching the news? Big stink, several people in the justice dept were going to testify about the lack of prosecution and the policy and got gag orders, so one of them quit and went ahead and testified. So they are calling him a racist shill of the RNC and Tea Party etc etc I dont even think Sharpton and Jackson want a piece of this one.

And along comes the NAACP with nothing better to do. The NAACP was challenged on what they were doing to clean their own house after their tirade and that was brought up. Said it wasn't their problem. Made unsupported claims about racist signs at rallies that no one can find footage of. Besides the one from the group that was already booted by tea party members.

The Tea Baggers are all violent hicks starting riots ploy didn't pan out. Especially with direct evidence that the dem backed orgs are the ones rioting. Even throwing things at Nanci Pelosi. Attacking police in arizona etc etc

People need to get a grip and pay attention to more than ONE day at a time before some 11 year old girl puts a glock in their mouths and makes a brain slushy.

Dems policies are getting hammered for not fucking working even close to what was claimed and they are panicking. And the racist card has always played well with those that dont know they are dimwits.

Last edited by TheMorlock; 07-19-2010 at 12:13 AM..

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

Shabazz was punished, the DOJ got an injunction that prevents him from being a poll watcher through 2012.

teh scud

Quote:
Seems there is a Federal government policy to NOT prosecute blacks for voter intimidation crimes.

Haven't you been watching the news? Big stink, several people in the justice dept were going to testify about the lack of prosecution and the policy and got gag orders, so one of them quit and went ahead and testified. So they are calling him a racist shill of the RNC and Tea Party etc etc I dont even think Sharpton and Jackson want a piece of this one.

And along comes the NAACP with nothing better to do. The NAACP was challenged on what they were doing to clean their own house after their tirade and that was brought up. Said it wasn't their problem. Made unsupported claims about racist signs at rallies that no one can find footage of. Besides the one from the group that was already booted by tea party members.

The Tea Baggers are all violent hicks starting riots ploy didn't pan out. Especially with direct evidence that the dem backed orgs are the ones rioting. Even throwing things at Nanci Pelosi. Attacking police in arizona etc etc
Just reminds me of when Fox pundits sat there and tried to argue as if all black people represent the NAACP and that the NAACP is responsible for the actions of any black person. Clean their own house of what? New Black Panthers don't represent the NAACP and those actions/remarks in the video were not in any way related with the NAACP. The NAACP wasn't pushing the Tea Party to publicly denounce actions of the KKK or other random racists -- the NAACP were pushing the Tea Party to denounce the actions of certain people within the tea party.

topcat989

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
Shabazz was punished, the DOJ got an injunction that prevents him from being a poll watcher through 2012.

Sounds fair. We all know if a KKK member did the same thing he did, and got off with punishment as "severe" as "no poll watcher for joo 'till 2012!" the NAACP, ACLU, and fine liberals such as yourself would be perfectly fine with that.

Right?

wwilliam54

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
Sounds fair. We all know if a KKK member did the same thing he did, and got off with punishment as "severe" as "no poll watcher for joo 'till 2012!" the NAACP, ACLU, and fine liberals such as yourself would be perfectly fine with that.

Right?

I hate those dicks, but yeah...free country
as long as they also don't fuck around at polls or harass people

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post

Right?

the law is the law, what punishment do you think is more appropriate for standing in front of a building and yelling nonsense? jail time?

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

also, it's funny how fox news gets upset that the MSM won't pick up on the story that they've essentially created now, but back in '06 they had no problem with the minutemen voter intimidation charges that the bush admin saw fit to let slide what s

edit:

Quote:
On Election Day, a posse of three men in Tucson, Ariz., proved that the Wild West still lives.

The group, which was three strong, and allegedly composed of two anti-immigration activists, Russ Dove and Roy Warden, carried a camcorder, a clipboard -- on which, they said, was information about a proposed law to make English the state's official language -- and a gun. While one man would approach a voter, holding the clipboard, another would follow, pointing the video camera at them. The third would stand behind, holding his hand to the gun at his hip in what activists on the other side called classic voter intimidation tactics in a precinct one local paper had previously declared the bellwether of the area's Hispanic vote.

It's not the first time Dove and Warden have been accused of this type of act. Dove, who is a convicted felon and former militia member, patrolled Arizona's polls in 2004 as well, and Warden has publicly burned a Mexican flag (for which he was charged with arson) and acknowledged that he sought a concealed-carry permit for a gun, partly in hopes of enticing a local police officer to attack him and force Warden to use deadly force in self-defense.
"slam dunk"?

loner

Quote:
Made unsupported claims about racist signs at rallies that no one can find footage of.

Not sure why you keep saying this. There are tons of photos of Tea Party signs that are racist. And if you think the pictures are faked, well then there's footage in the middle of this CNN clip with a sign that is racist. And that was just after clicking the first link in youtube. I didn't bother actually looking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRkmK_5LHrE

TheMorlock

Thats not what the NAACP claimed to have seen.

Nice try though