General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Runding
 
Runding's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenetic View Post
If you think a news source is suspicious, look up where the information the news source is quoting from. Don't just go, "LOL they are biased." Everything is biased, but we still have the ability to look things up for ourselves and think critically.

How the poll was conducted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/15/us...l?ref=politics

It doesn't matter. Fox News could present a poll done just as well and it would be rejected by the left.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
no, it isn't.

here's some help...

nytimes, newsweek = legitimate news sources
faux news =

:sigh:
__________________
aa1ce3c1c9744c586fa4d28e62ff485b
Old 07-27-2010, 09:06 AM Runding is offline  
Reply With Quote
#136  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Only racists think that the NYT is not the epitome of Journalistic Integrity.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 07-27-2010, 10:24 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#137  

Xayd
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
so says the liberal

so says 80% of the population

if you wanna prove everyone else wrong, knock yourself out, but burden of proof is on you.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:04 AM Xayd is offline  
Reply With Quote
#138  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
so says the liberal

so says anyone with half a brain who's been paying attention for the last decade.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 07-28-2010, 12:46 AM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#139  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runding View Post
It doesn't matter. Fox News could present a poll done just as well and it would be rejected by the left.

sure they could. but they never would. that's the fucking point.

people don't just reject fox news because they dislike their point of view. it's because they have been proven wrong time and time again.

fox, ironically, is the news network who cried wolf. if you haven't figured this out yet then you really need to read more.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 07-28-2010, 12:48 AM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#140  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Hey, geniuses, the entire Tea Party movement, as in: Taxed Enough Already, is an entirely retarded movement considering that they are protesting against a president who has yet to raise taxes and has already provided tax breaks in the stimulus package that was so communist and socialist and maoist and whatnot.

fucking mental midgets. you jackasses are being led around by fox news like fucking puppets. go cry some more about having a black president.

__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street

Last edited by pyramid; 07-29-2010 at 12:10 AM..
Old 07-28-2010, 12:55 AM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#141  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
so says anyone with half a brain who's been paying attention for the last decade.

ah, the ol' "if anyone disagrees with me then they are mentally defective in some way!" card. Which is handy, as it usually sits right next to the race card that liberals love to play.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:32 AM topcat989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#142  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
ah, the ol' "if anyone disagrees with me then they are mentally defective in some way!" card. Which is handy, as it usually sits right next to the race card that liberals love to play.

like I said, if you believe fox news is telling you the truth, you really need to read more.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 07-28-2010, 01:43 AM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#143  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
sure they could. but they never would. that's the fucking point.

people don't just reject fox news because they dislike their point of view. it's because they have been proven wrong time and time again.

fox, ironically, is the news network who cried wolf. if you haven't figured this out yet then you really need to read more.

__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 07-28-2010, 08:59 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#144  

Electrikfuzz050
 
Electrikfuzz050's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
like I said, if you believe fox news is telling you the truth, you really need to read more.

and what then if you believe that MSNBC is the pinnacle of journalistic integrity?
Old 07-28-2010, 10:06 AM Electrikfuzz050 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#145  

Runding
 
Runding's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
sure they could. but they never would. that's the fucking point.

people don't just reject fox news because they dislike their point of view. it's because they have been proven wrong time and time again.

fox, ironically, is the news network who cried wolf. if you haven't figured this out yet then you really need to read more.

I'm not a Fox News fanatic, friend. I never said I was. What I'm saying is that in every thread I've read here on [M], if there's a Fox News link, it's rejected completely and entirely.

But you're right, fox news is so much worse than the NYT.

__________________
aa1ce3c1c9744c586fa4d28e62ff485b
Old 07-28-2010, 11:41 AM Runding is offline  
Reply With Quote
#146  

Xayd
 
if you're defending them, you are. and you're defending them.

your sheep costume needs to be a helluva lot better than that, btw.

no one would defend a liar unless they were ignorant, or also a liar, or had monetary gain involved with the liar's success.

you fall under the first option, all of your links fall under the other two.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:28 PM Xayd is offline  
Reply With Quote
#147  

Runding
 
Runding's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
if you're defending them, you are. and you're defending them.

your sheep costume needs to be a helluva lot better than that, btw.

no one would defend a liar unless they were ignorant, or also a liar, or had monetary gain involved with the liar's success.

you fall under the first option, all of your links fall under the other two.

Yea, because the NYT/Newsweek would never lie about anything.

They're no better, that is all I'm saying.
__________________
aa1ce3c1c9744c586fa4d28e62ff485b
Old 07-28-2010, 03:44 PM Runding is offline  
Reply With Quote
#148  

Xayd
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runding View Post
Yea, because the NYT/Newsweek would never lie about anything.

They're no better, that is all I'm saying.

they are better. they provide verifiable sources. faux news uses itself as a source.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:09 PM Xayd is offline  
Reply With Quote
#149  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
if you're defending them, you are. and you're defending them.

your sheep costume needs to be a helluva lot better than that, btw.

no one would defend a liar unless they were ignorant, or also a liar, or had monetary gain involved with the liar's success.

you fall under the first option, all of your links fall under the other two.
All of his links...even the one from the NYT itself? You are so unbelievably retarded I'm starting to find you mildly amusing in a Free_Willy kind of way.

edit- also, can you show me on the doll where the conservative touched you? This will be confidential of course..
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 07-28-2010, 09:48 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#150  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:49 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.