General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Runding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
1) it was one line in a 3000 page bill if i remember correctly?
2) the fed can do whatever it wants
3) yes, you're defending (badly)

how about you back up your original claim about how the market collapse in 2008 was the fault of the president from 1999 and we'll make fun of you point by point.

Apparently you lack reading comprehension:

Quote:
I'm really, really done discussing this with you.
I'm not arguing with you, because it won't help with your stupidity. Go look up the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997, the 1999 change of the Community Reinvest act -- known as the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act(pyramid quoted this before), or you could even google "subprime mortgage clinton" and I'm sure you'll find some interesting articles. Of course, you probably won't read it, and you probably won't understand it.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Xayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runding View Post
Apparently you lack reading comprehension:

I'm not arguing with you, because it won't help with your stupidity. Go look up the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997, the 1999 change of the Community Reinvest act -- known as the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act(pyramid quoted this before), or you could even google "subprime mortgage clinton" and I'm sure you'll find some interesting articles. Of course, you probably won't read it, and you probably won't understand it.

i'm not arguing with you, because it won't help with your stupidity. i'll just point out the facts to you and you can go from there.

a) Gramm: R-texas, Leach: R-Iowa, Bliley: R-Virginia
b) the act wasn't proposed to change the CRA, it was a set of changes to glass/stegall
c) i could google subrime mortgage clinton and turn up republican blogs written by people who don't have the first fucking clue how any of this works, or i could skip that and ask glenn beck what he thinks and get the same false information.

now, if you had read the act you're quoting to me, you would know that it ordered a report from the federal reserve regarding subprime lending. you would know if you googled the reports that the first one was submitted in july of 2000, and the fed itself pointed out that "the report falls short of being a rigorous, data-based scientific study. In its favor, it may be described as an initial exploratory effort, pointing toward a more comprehensive effort.". so again, you're going to have a hard time explaining to me how a lame duck president in his last 6 months is responsible for a financial mess that festered throughout the bush years, and was first comprehensively reported on during bush's tenure.

this task will be especially hard since you are in fact, stupid.

the task will be even more difficult yet considering your entire premise is based on a lie. the CRA only affects traditional deposit banks. most 'bad' loans came from mortgage brokers which are not governed by the CRA. this has been well documented.

besides the fed, it has been well documented by me, by owning republicans on this very forum with those facts for about 2.5 years now. you should check the dates on your conservative blogs before trying to support the lies in them. new lies are easier to defend than old lies. old lies get owned in a matter of seconds, like i'm doing now.

now, you can shuffle your stupid ass back to google and find me some more lies from blogs to try and keep this going, or you can just admit defeat and stop posting in this thread.

one is stupid, one is smarter. see if you can figure out which is which.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Dems: Your housekeeper was Hispanic, you should have had the FBI grill her to see if she was an illegal with forged documents.(p.s. we didn't sic gloria allred on you because we were losing, it was someone else Really!!!)