General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

teh scud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikfuzz050 View Post
She also admitted in front of a camera that she held back on helping them because they were white.
In 1986. And do you know why she brought this up recently at the NAACP banquet?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

Quote:
She also admitted in front of a camera that she held back on helping them because they were white.

Seriously, if you're going to call out people from other political parties on their racism, you should be able to take a look at people within your own party.

Are some tea party members racist? Yes. Are some republicans racist? Yes. Are some democrats racist? Yes.

It's stupid to pretend otherwise just because you don't agree with their world views.

edit: gg on linking MediaMatters, really an unbiased source there.

she didn't say she held back on helping, she said she didn't give them the "full force" she could have applied, she was holding a job where she had no obligation to help the folks and still decided to in the end because she was able to overcome her own internal racism.

It really is crazy how the right hears only what they want to hear in the race conversation america is having right now.

it's pretty clear that tons of white people on the right have a huge racial problem right now, their only defense is to try and turn it back on blacks. their collective racist head exploded when obama got elected.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Lets play the race card again.

Xayd

because they've spent their last ~45 years bitching about integration and it's starting to sink in for these geezers that they will likely die with a black guy at the desk in the oval office.

death throes of stupidity.

topcat989

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
You seem to be confused about who is playing the race card. Only retarded right wingers could take a story about a woman getting over her own racism and helping a poor white farmer to save his farm into a confession of being racist.

That woman got a raw deal for being honest. She was on CNN the other night and the fucktards were trying to spin the racism story and the white farmer and his wife who's farm she had helped save in the incident she was talking about called into CNN and got on the air and corrected them.

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201007200028

mediamatters lol

topcat989

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Lets play the race card again.

save your breath dude, they prefer their version of racism and don't want to change.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
You didn't feel the need to point out anything wrong with right wing organizations that receive public funding at the time. I guess such is the price to pay when you're "unbiased".

Guess I missed the thread about taxpayer funded right wing organizations...point me in the right direction and I'll rail away.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
mediamatters lol

lol, with topical video captured from CNN...

Last edited by pyramid; 07-20-2010 at 05:49 PM..

pyramid

Quote:
Yes, in a story that didn't end there. She didn't help them as much as she could at first because they were white. And then she realized that shit wasn't about race, it was about the "haves" versus the "have nots" and then she helped that white family for two fucking years to save their farm and they are still life long friends to this day. And that is the point of telling that fucking story... that shit isn't always about race or racism and we need to get beyond that shit.

Quote:
edit: gg on linking MediaMatters, really an unbiased source there.
How can she bias? Dude, seriously. Media Matters hosts video clips of people saying shit. How is that biased? You get to watch what actually happened...

pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Guess I missed the thread about taxpayer funded right wing organizations...point me in the right direction and I'll rail away.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...032101723.html

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
was, as in past tense, partially funded by tax dollars. and not very many of them.

Like who?

From Dick Army who is about as inside the beltway as you can get. He organized the astroturf beginnings of the supposedly grass roots organization. Then Fox News got in on the fun and became the official network of the tea party. Then the "grass roots" tea party really took off...

yeah they despise the democrats and liberals like good little luddites and they think the republicans are not right wing enough. But you are silly if you think they aren't going to align with the republicans the vast majority of the time.
1. It took a douchenozzle with a video camera to expose ACORN and shut off their funding...kind of makes you wonder what other questionable organizations are receiving tax dollars doesn't it?

2. Seriously?
Acorn’s lead organizer, Madeleine Talbott, is quoted affirming that: “Barack has proven himself among our members . . . we accept and respect him as a kindred spirit, a fellow organizer.” http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4145761.shtml

He didn't try to distance himself until the hidden camera scandal broke..

3. I honestly didn't realize that since I really haven't paid that much attention to the Tea Party, and somehow I missed reading about how it was formed.

4. Maybe so, like I said I haven't paid much attention to the TP and usually avoid news articles about them. One article I did read a while back was about the Republican party trying to court the Tea Party and not having much success.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Electrikfuzz050

Quote:
Yes, in a story that didn't end there. She didn't help them as much as she could at first because they were white. And then she realized that shit wasn't about race, it was about the "haves" versus the "have nots" and then she helped that white family for two fucking years to save their farm and they are still life long friends to this day. And that is the point of telling that fucking story... that shit isn't always about race or racism and we need to get beyond that shit.

And yet somehow if word got out about how a white person in a position of power neglected a black person 20 years ago, there would be riots and a call for their resignation.

Any public servant who discriminates should have no chance to be in that position again.

Quote:
How can she bias? Dude, seriously. Media Matters hosts video clips of people saying shit. How is that biased? You get to watch what actually happened...
It'd be like me posting a link to a white supremacist website where the video is hosted. Sure, the content itself isn't skewed, however it does say a lot about your preconceived thoughts concerning the situation.

pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
1. It took a douchenozzle with a video camera to expose ACORN and shut off their funding...kind of makes you wonder what other questionable organizations are receiving tax dollars doesn't it?
And what did he supposedly expose? That ACORN workers pretended to go along with his crazy story in order to get more information to give to police? Real Shady... Amazing that fox news didn't spend a couple weeks covering that story when the truth finally came out.

This Shirley Sherrod garbage is an attempt to pull the same shit all over again, by the same people. It's like no one cares about the truth anymore. It doesn't matter. You can edit a video to make it show what you want, release it, score the political points you wanted, and when it comes out later that it was all bogus BS you can count on the media to not spend much time correcting the false reality they helped you create.

Quote:
2. Seriously?
Acorn’s lead organizer, Madeleine Talbott, is quoted affirming that: “Barack has proven himself among our members . . . we accept and respect him as a kindred spirit, a fellow organizer.” http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4145761.shtml
Yes, they considered him a fellow community organizer. That doesn't make him a member of their group.

Quote:
He didn't try to distance himself until the hidden camera scandal broke.
He didn't do anything about ACORN because he was never part of it.

Quote:
3. I honestly didn't realize that since I really haven't paid that much attention to the Tea Party, and somehow I missed reading about how it was formed.
Yeah, Dick Army's Freedom-works org was behind a lot of that as well as several other well heeled groups, including some that ended up just scamming the tea party people for money.

pyramid

Quote:
And yet somehow if word got out about how a white person in a position of power neglected a black person 20 years ago, there would be riots and a call for their resignation.

Any public servant who discriminates should have no chance to be in that position again.
How did she neglect them? By helping them save their family farm?

Quote:
It'd be like me posting a link to a white supremacist website where the video is hosted. Sure, the content itself isn't skewed, however it does say a lot about your preconceived thoughts concerning the situation.
that comparison is fairly ridiculous and Media Matters was the only place I could find the video I was looking for.

teh scud

Robert Byrd disagrees

Quote:

Last edited by teh scud; 07-20-2010 at 07:32 PM..