General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Guess I missed the thread about taxpayer funded right wing organizations...point me in the right direction and I'll rail away.

yeah that's a predominantly left thing, and reserved to the left alone, isn't it

Jesus fucking christ

very unbiased
hey, at least you didn't post a black panther video, there's still some hope for you

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
save your breath dude, they prefer their version of racism and don't want to change.

How does racism from other sources in any way mitigate this particular example of blatant racism?

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
How does racism from other sources in any way mitigate this particular example of blatant racism?

Don't you see? Everything is just a silly game of one-upmanship and when one side does something bad it negates a bad thing done on the opposing side. then we compare both sides going back to the beginning of time, add up the score, and decide who wins.

welcome to politics in the united states.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
The Washington Post is starting Genmay threads now? Interesting...but I was accused of not responding to similar threads about right wing organizations that are government funded. In any case, I personally feel that any so-called private organization that accepts federal funds should not be allowed to be private anymore...in other words, open those doors, show us your books and state your mission statement clearly in plain english.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

surely an unbiased person like you, who fully operates within the political spectrum and offering unbiased commentary on both sides in threads like this can post diligently in such threads. I guess this is a good starting point, and it shows

joemama

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
surely an unbiased person like you, who fully operates within the political spectrum and offering unbiased commentary on both sides in threads like this can post diligently in such threads. I guess this is a good starting point, and it shows
What? I never claimed to be unbiased...anyone who claims to be unbiased on such things are either lying or delusional. I admit that when I research what the Tea Party supposedly stands for, I agree with a lot of things...especially the call for smaller government. However that doesn't mean I'm going to join the TP or feel the need to defend them from people like yourself on message boards.

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Frock

What? A bunch of white people organizing primarily to protest against a black president because of mistrust issues could harbor racism?

Preposterous!

I mean, when it comes down to it we only really know what they tell us. I've never met any of the people who run the government, or checked up on their daily business, have you? Living politically is a lot like living in a dream. Just vague caricatures built of imaginary distinctions and exxagerated/blurry thinking. It just so happens the tea party is looking at it from the lens of a bunch of scared white dudes. There's plenty of other hilarious ways of looking at shit, but it is what it is. Everybody's racist right? Yuk Yuk Yuk

:P PBTPBtpbpttpTPBptBPTPTbptTPBptBptTBpb

www.theladiesmonthly.com

Frock

"anyone who claims to be unbiased on such things are either lying or delusional"

I think what you meant to say was "If I claimed to be unbiased on such things I would be either lying or delusional."

You might be already. Have you met "anybody"?

www.theladiesmonthly.com

Last edited by Frock; 07-20-2010 at 09:44 PM..

joemama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frock View Post
"anyone who claims to be unbiased on such things are either lying or delusional"

I think what you meant to say was "If I claimed to be unbiased on such things I would be either lying or delusional."

You might be already. Have you meant "anybody"?
Sense..do you make it. "Anyone" usually covers the author as well....what "have you mean't"?

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Frock

Quote:
Sense..do you make it.

my bad, "met"

Holding biases is not something everyone does. Its something that, if perhaps you were one of these people who did, you would probably think that everyone did, and since you had that bias you would probably be hard to convince otherwise.

www.theladiesmonthly.com

joemama

Quote:
What? A bunch of white people organizing primarily to protest against a black president because of mistrust issues could harbor racism?

Preposterous!

I mean, when it comes down to it we only really know what they tell us. I've never met any of the people who run the government, or checked up on their daily business, have you? Living politically is a lot like living in a dream. Just vague caricatures built of imaginary distinctions and exxagerated/blurry thinking. It just so happens the tea party is looking at it from the lens of a bunch of scared white dudes. There's plenty of other hilarious ways of looking at shit, but it is what it is. Everybody's racist right? Yuk Yuk Yuk

:P PBTPBtpbpttpTPBptBPTPTbptTPBptBptTBpb
Ahh...the classic "anyone who opposes the policies of the Obama government has to be doing it for purely racist reasons" argument. Bravo..

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Frock

Quote:
Ahh...the classic "anyone who opposes the policies of the Obama government has to be doing it for purely racist reasons" argument. Bravo..

Where do you see that in there? I'm just curious.

I know some darker folks who oppose obama outright, and some who disagree with him partially on things. I'm only talking about the teabaggers. Its a bunch of whites who are fearful enough to organize in real life and spend their evenings outside in the heat, cold, and rain. It takes a lot of fear to do that. If Bill Clinton was president again would there be a tea party? Hahahahahahah

www.theladiesmonthly.com

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Don't you see? Everything is just a silly game of one-upmanship and when one side does something bad it negates a bad thing done on the opposing side. then we compare both sides going back to the beginning of time, add up the score, and decide who wins.

welcome to politics in the united states.

Everyone on the other side is a partisan asshole!

joemama

Quote:
Where do you see that in there? I'm just curious.

I know some darker folks who oppose obama outright, and some who disagree with him partially on things. I'm only talking about the teabaggers. Its a bunch of whites who are fearful enough to organize in real life and spend their evenings outside in the heat, cold, and rain. It takes a lot of fear to do that. If Bill Clinton was president again would there be a tea party? Hahahahahahah
Wow...and you seriously claim to be unbiased? You may be right about the Tea Party, I don't know...but I doubt you really do either. Just like those politicians you haven't gotten to know and spend time with. Since you're "unbiased" I'm sure that you can see that the NAACP cares less about equality and more about turning the tides in their favor..

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Frock

Quote:
Wow...and you seriously claim to be unbiased? You may be right about the Tea Party, I don't know...but I doubt you really do either. Just like those politicians you haven't gotten to know and spend time with. Since you're "unbiased" I'm sure that you can see that the NAACP cares less about equality and more about turning the tides in their favor..

Dude I have no idea about the tea people. I've only seen their rallies from afar... just jokes really. As far as the NAACP goes, well, I don't know jack about that either. Lots of organizations try to promote their cause beyond equality. Look at well, all organizations.

Seriously though, picture Bill Clinton as the sitting president. For just like 5 seconds.

www.theladiesmonthly.com