General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
problem is the vast majority of the members are.
Based on what...you personally know the majority of members? Or maybe it's because most of the members (that you see in snippets on tv at least) are white, and they oppose many of the policies of a Whitehouse led by a black president?
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 07-22-2010, 07:55 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#91  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Frock
 
I would say that most people in general are racist. Racist thinking is just a by product of our ability to think things are similar. Its like saying "I hate olives" when you've only had one kind of olive, or "I hate black people" based on limited experiences. How many people do you know who like going to places at night where everyone looks and acts different from them? Not many, doesn't matter what color they are. Why is that? Isn't it all just a big fucking charade?

Its hard to get people to even try new foods. Good luck convincing ANYONE to let go of their casual racism. You won't have much luck just talking to them about ethnicity either, racist thinking runs deep, much like a hate for a particular kind of food or anything else. Its there because we refuse to see the endless change that occurs and the endless differences in everything we experience. Its easier, in some ways, to just think everything is the same.
__________________
Stfu 35k

www.theladiesmonthly.com
Old 07-22-2010, 08:09 PM Frock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#92  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frock View Post
I would say that most people in general are racist. Racist thinking is just a by product of our ability to think things are similar. Its like saying "I hate olives" when you've only had one kind of olive, or "I hate black people" based on limited experiences. How many people do you know who like going to places at night where everyone looks and acts different from them? Not many, doesn't matter what color they are. Why is that? Isn't it all just a big fucking charade?

Its hard to get people to even try new foods. Good luck convincing ANYONE to let go of their casual racism. You won't have much luck just talking to them about ethnicity either, racist thinking runs deep, much like a hate for a particular kind of food or anything else. Its there because we refuse to see the endless change that occurs and the endless differences in everything we experience. Its easier, in some ways, to just think everything is the same.

"racist"

- you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:18 AM topcat989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#93  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
"racist"

- you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Yeah, there's a difference between the natural favoritism for people who look similar and a are culturally similar to ourselves and racism. Many people can't seem to separate the two or simply think it isn't politically correct to acknowledge that fact..
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 07-23-2010, 08:43 AM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#94  

Frock
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Yeah, there's a difference between the natural favoritism for people who look similar and a are culturally similar to ourselves and racism. Many people can't seem to separate the two or simply think it isn't politically correct to acknowledge that fact..

Sounds to me like you're just combing grass. Bias according to skin color or other racial traits = racism. Stop trying to justify yourself.

"But its not racism, its just natural favoritism."

My god, what a euphemism.
__________________
Stfu 35k

www.theladiesmonthly.com
Old 07-23-2010, 09:05 AM Frock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#95  

Frock
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Yeah, there's a difference between the natural favoritism for people who look similar and a are culturally similar to ourselves and racism. Many people can't seem to separate the two or simply think it isn't politically correct to acknowledge that fact..

Sounds to me like you're just combing grass. Bias according to skin color/other racial traits = racism. Stop trying to justify yourself.

"Its not racism, its natural favoritism"

oh my... what a euphemism.
__________________
Stfu 35k

www.theladiesmonthly.com
Old 07-23-2010, 09:08 AM Frock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#96  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
So if someone is white and they like asian girls because of their skin color and eye slant, that means they are racist.

As stated you dont know what the fuck racism is.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 07-23-2010, 09:54 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#97  

Runding
 
Runding's Avatar
 
Who isn't racist?
__________________
aa1ce3c1c9744c586fa4d28e62ff485b
Old 07-23-2010, 10:10 AM Runding is offline  
Reply With Quote
#98  

Frock
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
So if someone is white and they like asian girls because of their skin color and eye slant, that means they are racist.

As stated you dont know what the fuck racism is.

You can call it what you want, but it is what it is. When you say you like "asian girls" based on racial characteristics alone, yes, you are selecting with only race in mind. Nevermind personality, interests, or anything else that goes in to liking someone. Why did this example sound so appealing to you? Do you beat off to a lot of asian porn or something? Saying you like people based on what race they are is racist, or "natural bias" lol wow. You just don't want to use the word, because it sounds bad and it would make you think about your attitudes I would wager.

If I said I like white people, how would that sound? Or I only like white girls? Sounds a little dumb doesn't it? Leaves a little bit of stuff out I would say.
__________________
Stfu 35k

www.theladiesmonthly.com
Old 07-23-2010, 10:35 AM Frock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#99  

Frock
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runding View Post
Who isn't racist?

I don't believe in race at all. There is too much diversity to think that people actually belong to various races. We're all Africans in the end, we didn't start in different places from different species of ape, and even if we did, the lines would all cross somewhere.
__________________
Stfu 35k

www.theladiesmonthly.com
Old 07-23-2010, 10:36 AM Frock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#100  

teh scud
 
teh scud's Avatar
 
I think there's a difference between choosing not to regard someone as equal based on race and being attracted to certain things of certain races. I'm not attracted to some common physical characteristics of certain races, but then there are people from that race who I'm definitely attracted to, so is it still race?
Old 07-23-2010, 11:23 AM teh scud is offline  
Reply With Quote
#101  

Electrikfuzz050
 
Electrikfuzz050's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frock View Post
You can call it what you want, but it is what it is. When you say you like "asian girls" based on racial characteristics alone, yes, you are selecting with only race in mind. Nevermind personality, interests, or anything else that goes in to liking someone. Why did this example sound so appealing to you? Do you beat off to a lot of asian porn or something? Saying you like people based on what race they are is racist, or "natural bias" lol wow. You just don't want to use the word, because it sounds bad and it would make you think about your attitudes I would wager.

If I said I like white people, how would that sound? Or I only like white girls? Sounds a little dumb doesn't it? Leaves a little bit of stuff out I would say.

Actual racism is the belief of an inherent superiority due to racial traits. Racism in practice is discrimination due to race.

While most people aren't the first type of racist, pretty much every one discriminates by race, however the context of the discrimination is just as important as the discrimination itself.

Most people would tell you that it isn't immoral to select sexual partners based on race, and I don't see how you could claim it as such.

Personally, I'm not attracted to asian women. I don't think they're inferior to caucasian women, it's just a personal preference, like personality, hair color, or weight.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:49 AM Electrikfuzz050 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#102  

Electrikfuzz050
 
Electrikfuzz050's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frock View Post
I don't believe in race at all. There is too much diversity to think that people actually belong to various races. We're all Africans in the end, we didn't start in different places from different species of ape, and even if we did, the lines would all cross somewhere.

Right, however there is a large variance in ethnicities, with characteristics than can be categorized quite a bit easier than race.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:53 AM Electrikfuzz050 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#103  

Frock
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikfuzz050 View Post
Actual racism is the belief of an inherent superiority due to racial traits. Racism in practice is discrimination due to race.

While most people aren't the first type of racist, pretty much every one discriminates by race, however the context of the discrimination is just as important as the discrimination itself.

Most people would tell you that it isn't immoral to select sexual partners based on race, and I don't see how you could claim it as such.

Personally, I'm not attracted to asian women. I don't think they're inferior to caucasian women, it's just a personal preference, like personality, hair color, or weight.

When did I say it was immoral? I don't even think its immoral to be a racist, it is what it is.

Not all asian women even look alike, like not even close. How can we be talking about their "attractiveness" together as a category? Seems like some sort of fantasy to me, some sort of idealized cariature built up and held in the imagination. Much the same way it can be, in a hateful reguard, towards other races. Like black men, black women, white men, and white women. These groups are varied and diverse, and talking about them like they are somehow cohesive and determinable organizations of people is a schizophrenic, but nonetheless commonly held belief in a set of ascribed traits: stereotypes, which in practice, make racism, call it what you want, but it is what it is.
__________________
Stfu 35k

www.theladiesmonthly.com
Old 07-23-2010, 12:10 PM Frock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#104  

Frock
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikfuzz050 View Post
Right, however there is a large variance in ethnicities, with characteristics than can be categorized quite a bit easier than race.

And there are plenty of people who cannot be categorized as one ethnicity, as in, almost ALL PEOPLE.

Ethnicity exists as a category in the imagination. The traits, the actual physical characteristics, are real, but as they come they do not have labels. And they are not cut and dry and easily separated. However, they are easily smudged together with imagined traits by our categorical thinking. There is no reason to believe that these projections based on how people look are true. They are mere appearances produced by the imagination, which can be made to lump things together and ignore details that are present in reality.
__________________
Stfu 35k

www.theladiesmonthly.com

Last edited by Frock; 07-23-2010 at 12:21 PM..
Old 07-23-2010, 12:12 PM Frock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#105  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:09 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.