General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

cokezeroholic

Sometimes I like to listen to the local talk radio station KTAR in phoenix and it's funny to listen to every single "personality" on there putting their extreme left spin on everything they report.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsiholic View Post
Sometimes I like to listen to the local talk radio station KTAR in phoenix and it's funny to listen to every single "personality" on there putting their extreme left spin on everything they report.

KTAR is a liberal station?

cokezeroholic

Sorry, meant to say right

pyramid

hahaha, I checked out their lineup and it included beck and a bunch of other dudes I'd never heard of but their web pages/blogs led me to believe they were also righties.

yeah, 90% of am radio is right wing or christian broadcasting. even here in liberal portland and seattle land there is only one liberal station. I haven't tried to listen to all of them but I do listen to a handful of the top righty talkers who are available on four other stations here. There aren't enough hours in the day to listen to them all.

cokezeroholic

I don't get it, where is the liberal presence on am/fm radio? I used to listen to POTUS on xm/sirius radio but for some reason I stopped listening to it. I should try and pick it up again because it didn't favor either side and I really enjoy Stand Up with Pete Dominic.

pyramid

they have a couple stations on satellite radio too but the main AM liberal company, air america, was run by retards and has gone bankrupt several times and most of their talent left. luckily they all found their way on the air elsewhere or on to bigger and better things.

talent that has left:

Al Franken - now a US senator, Minnesota.
Ed Schultz - now on another AM broadcaster and MSNBC
Rachel Maddow - Now just on MSNBC
Randi Rhodes - moved to another AM network

I'm not even sure if air america is still around. I think the last time they went belly up was for good.

cokezeroholic

Well maybe there will be a surge in liberal radio when there's a republican president.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Well maybe there will be a surge in liberal radio when there's a republican president.

Radio has always been the ghetto for political speech since TV went big. Until Fox came around it was the only place a conservative voice could be heard. With the big three + CNN and of course NPR/PBS giving unfettered access to the viewpoints they preferred the liberals did not need a radio presence.

The dems/liberals tried to run a major radio program and couldn't hack it, even with boatloads of money from George. I guess wailing on the radio about the vast right wing conspiracy was just too much of the same but without the pretty pics.

pyramid

Quote:

I doubt it. air america went bankrupt twice during the bush administration.

we'll see.

pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Radio has always been the ghetto for political speech since TV went big. Until Fox came around it was the only place a conservative voice could be heard. With the big three + CNN and of course NPR/PBS giving unfettered access to the viewpoints they preferred the liberals did not need a radio presence.

Rush used to have a TV show. I used to watch it in high school. He's quite entertaining when you don't know any better.

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush

Every media source is as biased as Fox News people, get over it. It's stupid how people rail on Glenn Beck while following their own preferred political pundits like fucking sheep, as if somehow it's different because they're not on Fox News. I heard a lot less bitching about Glenn Beck when he was on CNN.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

The interesting thing I learned from this thread is that Pyramid apparently watches Fox news and listens to right wing radio...something that I (who is right of center) practically never do intentionally.

edit- I get my news and current events from a variety of sources. "Opinion" pieces and blogs are treated as such (I either agree, disagree or don't have an opinion) and any "big news" story that can only be found on one news outlet (or is the only source referenced by others) is taken with a grain of salt.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

cokezeroholic

To be honest the only place I get my news right now is tv, mostly from a local tv station www.azfamily.com , CBS, and sometimes ABC. Even though I get CNN I really don't watch it much anymore.

pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
Every media source is as biased as Fox News people, get over it. It's stupid how people rail on Glenn Beck while following their own preferred political pundits like fucking sheep, as if somehow it's different because they're not on Fox News. I heard a lot less bitching about Glenn Beck when he was on CNN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
The interesting thing I learned from this thread is that Pyramid apparently watches Fox news and listens to right wing radio...something that I (who is right of center) practically never do intentionally.

edit- I get my news and current events from a variety of sources. "Opinion" pieces and blogs are treated as such (I either agree, disagree or don't have an opinion) and any "big news" story that can only be found on one news outlet (or is the only source referenced by others) is taken with a grain of salt.

Yup, regularly. I listen to some Lars Larson, Savage, Beck, mark levin and even some hannity. Gotta know what the other side is up to and keep up with how obama is destroying america today, right?

I can even do a pretty good rush limbaugh impersonation but he isn't on when I'm usually listening to the radio.

Patriotic Eagle

All major American news sources are garbage. Some of them are straight up party apparatus (like Fox) while others toe the government line while remaining critical of both parties to keep the appearance of being objective (All of TV and most of print). Major "left" news organizations in the US don't exist period. Fox may be the most egregious example but it's pretty pointless to single it out at this point, there's not anywhere Americans can turn to for any actual left (unless you consider Democrats "left") journalism.