General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

i don't watch fox news at all, but i still like that there is at least one media outlet out there that has open nationalist leanings, regardless if the majority of their news stories are dubious or sensationalized...listening to how evil america and the white male is from cnn and msnbc day in and day out gets old and boring quick.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post

Yeah, you're right, Fox News is the only media source in the US with any sort of bias whatsoever. Other news media outlets have no political affiliation whatsoever. It's for that reason that Glenn Beck was fine when he was on CNN Headline News for two years, but once he moved to Fox he instantly became a joke because Fox is the only news station in the USA with a bias. Everything else is completely clean. Also, I say things like "Faux News" to make everyone think I'm witty and cultured, and "tea baggers" because it's so mature and hilarious!

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Eagle View Post
Major "left" news organizations in the US don't exist period.

Air America was until January.

cokezeroholic

Fox is only good for watching football and the occasional animated sitcom.

Electrikfuzz050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsiholic View Post
Fox is only good for watching football and the occasional animated sitcom.

I really don't know how to respond to this.

?

cokezeroholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikfuzz050 View Post
I really don't know how to respond to this.

?
Sorry, forgot MLB playoffs

Electrikfuzz050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsiholic View Post
Sorry, forgot MLB playoffs

Right, except that News Corp. is not a political organization in any way. Rupert Murdoch knows that Beck/Hannity/O'Reilly sell, and that's why they're on the air.

If you looked at the content of Fox's shows (not Fox News, you ) you'd notice that there's quite a bit in there that goes against the white Christian train of thought.

Fox exists to make money, just like any other network. They're just better at it.

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

lol yes they're just the other side of the coin, fair and balanced

*does the terrorist fist bump*

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Fox exists to make money, just like any other network. They're just better at it.

At least someone gets it!

Patriotic Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
i don't watch fox news at all, but i still like that there is at least one media outlet out there that has open nationalist leanings, regardless if the majority of their news stories are dubious or sensationalized...listening to how evil america and the white male is from cnn and msnbc day in and day out gets old and boring quick.

Every major American news source has been supporting the wars and economic policies of the US government since forever. They only debate to what degree they should be applied/supported. They're all "nationalist".

Patriotic Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
Air America was until January.

Not really. I'm looking at their lineup and they had a lot of liberals. But liberals in the US are pro-capitalist and pro-war. You can find liberal viewpoints on any channel or major newspaper.

cokezeroholic

Quote:
Right, except that News Corp. is not a political organization in any way. Rupert Murdoch knows that Beck/Hannity/O'Reilly sell, and that's why they're on the air.

If you looked at the content of Fox's shows (not Fox News, you ) you'd notice that there's quite a bit in there that goes against the white Christian train of thought.

We're not talking about making money

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:

Beck lost most of his advertisers. He is still on the air. His #1 advertiser now is Fox running commercials for their own shows. He still gets a good number of viewers but advertisers are how shows generate money. Viewers is how they price ads.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201007160045

And no, profit is not the main reason why they are on the air. Their job is to push agendas. Any money they might make, if they do indeed make money, is tangential. Making money on ads is small time thinking compared to swaying national opinion and directing public policy.

Quote:
the cartoons? they generate more money than all the wingnuts combined.

beck wishes he could get family guy's Nielson ratings.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...ens-charts.htm

Quote:
http://www.freepress.net/ownership/chart/main

oh, they are good at making money, to be sure. that's why they don't need to make money everywhere. Beck is good at making money too. He probably makes just as much for himself as he does for Fox, if not more.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-e...ideshow-2009-4

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Not really. I'm looking at their lineup and they had a lot of liberals. But liberals in the US are pro-capitalist and pro-war. You can find liberal viewpoints on any channel or major newspaper.

Sorry that it wasn't ultra-communist enough for you, but Al Frankin created it specifically to engineer a left-wing alternative to right-wing talk radio. If Air America isn't left-wing enough for you, than it's time for you to defect to Cuba.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:

most of the people from air america are anti-war, pro-labor. you would probably enjoy mike malloy.

http://www.mikemalloy.com/

He's about a feisty as they come.

But my favorite is Randy Rhodes. For information, facts and sources, she really can't be beat.

http://www.therandirhodesshow.com/main.html

Her "homework" section is usually a goldmine of info.