General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

mosque on ground zero

what do you guys think?

discounting islam's long history of building large victory mosques in lands they consider to be militarily conquered, i feel that if that if the builders had any shred of sympathy or understanding of the sentiment of the american public (which they claim they do) they'd back off. islam receives enough negative attention in western media as is (whether or not this is deserved is an entirely different discussion) and is in serious need of a good PR team. pursuing the right to build this mosque is so lacking in tact and common sense it's really suprising to me how that they're still pushing for it. how the imams and financiers behind this thing don't see how it can be perceived as insulting and antagonistic is beyond me.

sure they have every legal right to build it, and attempting to stop them through legal channels would ultimately lead to bad precedent. i'm just saying, don't they realize it would help them a lot more to back off on it in the long run? muslims already have a horrendous image amongst most westerners as is, this will only go on to foster even more extremes of anti islamic sentiment.

never mind the fact that i personally don't think mosques, churches, temples, or scientology centers should be built anywhere in the civilized world period.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Golf(e)

what the hell are you even talking about

muslims are trying to build a mosque on ground zero? what?
And motion soared in every direction, causing a tidal wave of thought to crash dumbly through walls, and made passageways where previously was occupied by the stillness of mathematics in its purest manifestation of white reflection on white backdrop

SemperFly

Its not a mosque and its not at ground zero. Fucking retarded for anyone to make a mountain out of this molehill

The Unflushable Turd
BetaMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf(e) View Post
what the hell are you even talking about

muslims are trying to build a mosque on ground zero? what?

It's old news by now.

The Unflushable Turd
BetaMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
Its not a mosque and its not at ground zero. Fucking retarded for anyone to make a mountain out of this molehill

Blame Obama for opening his big fat nig mouth.

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:

two blocks away, it might as well be.

considering islam's history i do not think the size and proximity of the mosque to ground zero is a mere coincidence.

The Unflushable Turd
BetaMax

Plus they won't declare where the funding for the mosque is coming from which means it's coming from the bad guys.

SemperFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
two blocks away, it might as well be.

considering islam's history i do not think the size and proximity of the mosque to ground zero is a mere coincidence.

uh no two blocks away is not "might as well be"

especially since no one bitches about the mosque BUILT INSIDE THE FUCKING PENTAGON A YEAR AFTER NINE ELEVEN

so go suck a fuck, you fucking suck

SemperFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unflushable Turd View Post
Blame Obama for opening his big fat nig mouth.

also no this was a controversy before obama mentioned it

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
uh no two blocks away is not "might as well be"

especially since no one bitches about the mosque BUILT INSIDE THE FUCKING PENTAGON A YEAR AFTER NINE ELEVEN

so go suck a fuck, you fucking suck

mosque in the pentagaon is the equivalent of a chapel, small and out of sight, the proposed project there is large and ostentatious and completely unnecessary given the number of mosques already running in that area.

SemperFly

except that the large part of the project is a basketball court and culinary school, the prayer area - which isn't a fucking mosque in the first place - is a small part of it, smaller than the actual mosques nearby...of which there are TWO, versus a dozen churches in the same area

go fuck yourself.

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
except that the large part of the project is a basketball court and culinary school, the prayer area - which isn't a fucking mosque in the first place - is a small part of it, smaller than the actual mosques nearby...of which there are TWO, versus a dozen churches in the same area

go fuck yourself.

what's your point? either way they market this place all it's really going to do is damage how they are perceived by the american public. their aggressiveness in pursuing this will leave a bad taste in many people's mouths, and their apparent apathy for what those damn dhimmis think will no nothing but tarnish islam's image as a whole even more. the fact that they are naming it the corboda house, in reference to muslim moorish domination of the spainish city of corboda, makes it all the more insulting.

not that i'd expect somebody who doesn't know what the word innate means to understand this.

SemperFly

The point is that you were wrong and bitching about this facility is goddamn stupid.

The only people who are going to perceive them negatively because of this are the fucking bigots that already hate them for no good reason. Those people are fucking idiots and don't matter.

They're not naming it the cordoba house, retard.

innate:
2. Originating in the mind.

Go fuck yourself.

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
The point is that you were wrong and bitching about this facility is goddamn stupid.
what exactly was i wrong about? that going out of their way to make a large ornate mosque so close to ground zero is by any objective standard not within their best interests, if only from a public relations stand point? i don't think so.
Quote:
The only people who are going to perceive them negatively because of this are the fucking bigots that already hate them for no good reason. Those people are fucking idiots and don't matter.
then i guess some 70% of america are bigots. bigoted or not, it's worth paying attention to whether or not you're causing a controversy when you do something like this, especially seeing as how islam is in some desperate need of a facelift if they wish to improve how they are perceived in the west. should they continue with this, there will be in a for a bump ride when it actually opens.
Quote:
They're not naming it the cordoba house, retard.
it was most certainly named the cordoba house at one point in time.

Quote:
Go fuck yourself.
you're really not doing yourself any favors finishing every post like this, but then again you're not all that educated so i'll let it slide.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Our Lebanese Miss USA agrees with redrum..http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...ground_ze.html If she then I'll say fuck that mosque as well

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v