General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

SemperFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
i wouldn't say it's just some fucking mosque. a mosque across the street from central park would be just some fucking mosque. i refuse to naively believe its proximity to ground zero is a mere coincidence.
that building had been used for muslims services since before 9/11. the guy also tried to purchase other locations. it's manhattan real estate, you can't just pick and choose wherever you want
Quote:
there's certainly a "haha you can't stop us" component to all of this. it might not be the primary motive but i definitely feel it's a factor.
no, there isn't. they're not forcing the issue, they're not being aggressive about this. they didn't even start the fucking controversy, others did with bad information
Quote:

in any event i've made my stance clear. they legally have the right to build, and they should not be stopped. i just personally think its not tactful of them, and will not help them *as a group* PR wise. then again i'm sure they had a line of reasoning that went something along the lines of "they hate us all anyway, why not just snag up this propety for cheap while we still can?"

in for a penny in for a pound i guess.
who gives a fuck if it'll help them PR wise?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
that building had been used for muslims services since before 9/11. the guy also tried to purchase other locations. it's manhattan real estate, you can't just pick and choose wherever you wantno, there isn't.

once again you display in this thread how little you actually know...:

Quote:
At the time, the building was leased to the Burlington Coat Factory.[8][38] Stephen Pomerantz owned the building, and his wife Kukiko Mitani subsequently attempted to sell it for years, at one point asking for $18 million. Until its 2009 purchase, however, the building lay abandoned.[38]

In July 2009, the Muslim-run real estate company and developer Soho Properties purchased the building and property at 45–47 Park Place for $4.85 million in cash.[46][47][48][49][50]

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
your arguments really ought to be comprised of more than baseless character assassination, brah.
Sorry if I hurt your feelings brohammed

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
who gives a fuck if it'll help them PR wise?

obviously they should, if they want to uphold the image of islam being a religion of peace and understanding, but they don't, THEY SIMPLY CONTINUE TO PURSUE THE RIGHT TO DEVELOP THIS IN SPITE OF EVERY ONE WHO THINKS THEY ARE OVER STEPPING THEIR BOUNDS, AND IT IS THUS MAKING THEM LOOK LIKE COMPLETE FUCKING ASSHOLES WHO ONLY FUCKING CARE ABOUT SATISFYING THEIR OWN RELIGIOUS INTERESTS.

HOW HARD IS IT FOR YOU TO GRASP THIS? REMEMBER, YOU DON'T HAVE TO AGREE WITH IT TO UNDERSTAND THE ARGUMENT.

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
obviously they should, if they want to uphold the image of islam being a religion of peace and understanding, but they don't, THEY SIMPLY CONTINUE TO PURSUE THE RIGHT TO DEVELOP THIS IN SPITE OF EVERY ONE WHO THINKS THEY ARE OVER STEPPING THEIR BOUNDS, AND IT IS THUS MAKING THEM LOOK LIKE COMPLETE FUCKING ASSHOLES WHO ONLY FUCKING CARE ABOUT SATISFYING THEIR OWN RELIGIOUS INTERESTS.

HOW HARD IS IT FOR YOU TO GRASP THIS? REMEMBER, YOU DON'T HAVE TO AGREE WITH IT TO UNDERSTAND THE ARGUMENT.

This is true.

If you consider "Other people should always do everything according to how I feel about it" a good argument. Protip: it isn't.

SemperFly

Quote:
once again you display in this thread how little you actually know...:

The basement of that building was used before 9/11 until the event that had the rest of it closed and abandoned.

SemperFly

Quote:
obviously they should, if they want to uphold the image of islam being a religion of peace and understanding, but they don't,
So. Fucking. What.
Quote:
THEY SIMPLY CONTINUE TO PURSUE THE RIGHT TO DEVELOP THIS IN SPITE OF EVERY ONE WHO THINKS THEY ARE OVER STEPPING THEIR BOUNDS, AND IT IS THUS MAKING THEM LOOK LIKE COMPLETE FUCKING ASSHOLES WHO ONLY FUCKING CARE ABOUT SATISFYING THEIR OWN RELIGIOUS INTERESTS.

I understand the argument. It's a stupid argument from stupid people.

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
This is true.

If you consider "Other people should always do everything according to how I feel about it" a good argument. Protip: it isn't.

if they wanted to at least make pretend they're sensitive to the sentiments of the majority of americans it would greatly benefit them to step down. i'd respect them a whole lot more if they just said they didn't give a fuck out right, instead of playing their whole "we're just promoting interfaith understanding and healing" line.

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
The basement of that building was used before 9/11 until the event that had the rest of it closed and abandoned.

care to post a source?

Xayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikfuzz050 View Post
So the leader of one catholic denomination is intolerant of others?

I could post links to leaders of Muslim sects talking about how American babies deserve to be disemboweled, however I'm pretty sure I'd be wasting my time.

you would be wasting your time. because all religions are full of fucktards. you're the one trying to say that one shortbus is shorter than the other one. the fact is christians are just as crazy as muslims are.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
I don't think I called anyone racist (yet). Tom wants to have an intellectual conversation, folks. His idea of an intellectual conversation is wanting to appease to people of prejudice while citating amendments, in wanting to restrict freedom of religion of others. Solely on the fact he just doesn't like them.

With an IQ of 90, I guess that warrants as intellectual discussion. Obviously the only thing you're capable of doing is interpreting the law when it fits you.
Wow..you're making a shitload of assumptions about Tom with every post you make.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!

I'm just curious whether or not there is a zoning issue... because I haven't heard anything.

Where I live there are ordinances for how close a place of worship can be built to certain other types of business. There are similar ordinances for types of businesses and their proximity to schools, post offices, etc.

Here's my perspective: if you can build a church there you can build a mosque there. That doesn't mean that the builders shouldn't have to disclose funding sources (just like would be required of any large-scale project)... this is how the city can ascertain the project is adequately capitalized when permits are issued.

SemperFly

Quote:
care to post a source?

nope
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangmonkey View Post
I'm just curious whether or not there is a zoning issue... because I haven't heard anything.
nope

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
nope

so you've been wrong about pretty much everything since the beginning of the thread. factually anyway.

The Unflushable Turd
BetaMax

Quote:
also no this was a controversy before obama mentioned it

No shit you fucking dumbass jarhead moron i live in NY but you can go fuck your self you fucking muslim cock sucking bitch.