General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
i wouldn't say it's just some fucking mosque. a mosque across the street from central park would be just some fucking mosque. i refuse to naively believe its proximity to ground zero is a mere coincidence.
that building had been used for muslims services since before 9/11. the guy also tried to purchase other locations. it's manhattan real estate, you can't just pick and choose wherever you want
Quote:
there's certainly a "haha you can't stop us" component to all of this. it might not be the primary motive but i definitely feel it's a factor.
no, there isn't. they're not forcing the issue, they're not being aggressive about this. they didn't even start the fucking controversy, others did with bad information
Quote:

in any event i've made my stance clear. they legally have the right to build, and they should not be stopped. i just personally think its not tactful of them, and will not help them *as a group* PR wise. then again i'm sure they had a line of reasoning that went something along the lines of "they hate us all anyway, why not just snag up this propety for cheap while we still can?"

in for a penny in for a pound i guess.
who gives a fuck if it'll help them PR wise?
Old 08-22-2010, 08:55 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#136  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
that building had been used for muslims services since before 9/11. the guy also tried to purchase other locations. it's manhattan real estate, you can't just pick and choose wherever you wantno, there isn't.

once again you display in this thread how little you actually know...:

Quote:
At the time, the building was leased to the Burlington Coat Factory.[8][38] Stephen Pomerantz owned the building, and his wife Kukiko Mitani subsequently attempted to sell it for years, at one point asking for $18 million. Until its 2009 purchase, however, the building lay abandoned.[38]

In July 2009, the Muslim-run real estate company and developer Soho Properties purchased the building and property at 45–47 Park Place for $4.85 million in cash.[46][47][48][49][50]
__________________
lol
Old 08-22-2010, 09:02 PM Redrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#137  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
your arguments really ought to be comprised of more than baseless character assassination, brah.
Sorry if I hurt your feelings brohammed
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 08-22-2010, 09:02 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#138  

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
who gives a fuck if it'll help them PR wise?

obviously they should, if they want to uphold the image of islam being a religion of peace and understanding, but they don't, THEY SIMPLY CONTINUE TO PURSUE THE RIGHT TO DEVELOP THIS IN SPITE OF EVERY ONE WHO THINKS THEY ARE OVER STEPPING THEIR BOUNDS, AND IT IS THUS MAKING THEM LOOK LIKE COMPLETE FUCKING ASSHOLES WHO ONLY FUCKING CARE ABOUT SATISFYING THEIR OWN RELIGIOUS INTERESTS.

HOW HARD IS IT FOR YOU TO GRASP THIS? REMEMBER, YOU DON'T HAVE TO AGREE WITH IT TO UNDERSTAND THE ARGUMENT.
__________________
lol
Old 08-22-2010, 09:05 PM Redrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#139  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
obviously they should, if they want to uphold the image of islam being a religion of peace and understanding, but they don't, THEY SIMPLY CONTINUE TO PURSUE THE RIGHT TO DEVELOP THIS IN SPITE OF EVERY ONE WHO THINKS THEY ARE OVER STEPPING THEIR BOUNDS, AND IT IS THUS MAKING THEM LOOK LIKE COMPLETE FUCKING ASSHOLES WHO ONLY FUCKING CARE ABOUT SATISFYING THEIR OWN RELIGIOUS INTERESTS.

HOW HARD IS IT FOR YOU TO GRASP THIS? REMEMBER, YOU DON'T HAVE TO AGREE WITH IT TO UNDERSTAND THE ARGUMENT.

This is true.


If you consider "Other people should always do everything according to how I feel about it" a good argument. Protip: it isn't.
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 08-22-2010, 09:09 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#140  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
once again you display in this thread how little you actually know...:

The basement of that building was used before 9/11 until the event that had the rest of it closed and abandoned.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:11 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#141  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
obviously they should, if they want to uphold the image of islam being a religion of peace and understanding, but they don't,
So. Fucking. What.
Quote:
THEY SIMPLY CONTINUE TO PURSUE THE RIGHT TO DEVELOP THIS IN SPITE OF EVERY ONE WHO THINKS THEY ARE OVER STEPPING THEIR BOUNDS, AND IT IS THUS MAKING THEM LOOK LIKE COMPLETE FUCKING ASSHOLES WHO ONLY FUCKING CARE ABOUT SATISFYING THEIR OWN RELIGIOUS INTERESTS.

HOW HARD IS IT FOR YOU TO GRASP THIS? REMEMBER, YOU DON'T HAVE TO AGREE WITH IT TO UNDERSTAND THE ARGUMENT.
I understand the argument. It's a stupid argument from stupid people.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:12 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#142  

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
This is true.


If you consider "Other people should always do everything according to how I feel about it" a good argument. Protip: it isn't.

if they wanted to at least make pretend they're sensitive to the sentiments of the majority of americans it would greatly benefit them to step down. i'd respect them a whole lot more if they just said they didn't give a fuck out right, instead of playing their whole "we're just promoting interfaith understanding and healing" line.
__________________
lol
Old 08-22-2010, 09:17 PM Redrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#143  

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
The basement of that building was used before 9/11 until the event that had the rest of it closed and abandoned.

care to post a source?
__________________
lol
Old 08-22-2010, 09:22 PM Redrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#144  

Xayd
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikfuzz050 View Post
So the leader of one catholic denomination is intolerant of others?

I could post links to leaders of Muslim sects talking about how American babies deserve to be disemboweled, however I'm pretty sure I'd be wasting my time.

you would be wasting your time. because all religions are full of fucktards. you're the one trying to say that one shortbus is shorter than the other one. the fact is christians are just as crazy as muslims are.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:28 PM Xayd is offline  
Reply With Quote
#145  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
I don't think I called anyone racist (yet). Tom wants to have an intellectual conversation, folks. His idea of an intellectual conversation is wanting to appease to people of prejudice while citating amendments, in wanting to restrict freedom of religion of others. Solely on the fact he just doesn't like them.

With an IQ of 90, I guess that warrants as intellectual discussion. Obviously the only thing you're capable of doing is interpreting the law when it fits you.
Wow..you're making a shitload of assumptions about Tom with every post you make.
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 08-22-2010, 09:46 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#146  

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!
 
Zangmonkey's Avatar
 
I'm just curious whether or not there is a zoning issue... because I haven't heard anything.

Where I live there are ordinances for how close a place of worship can be built to certain other types of business. There are similar ordinances for types of businesses and their proximity to schools, post offices, etc.

Here's my perspective: if you can build a church there you can build a mosque there. That doesn't mean that the builders shouldn't have to disclose funding sources (just like would be required of any large-scale project)... this is how the city can ascertain the project is adequately capitalized when permits are issued.
__________________
09 F9
Old 08-22-2010, 09:51 PM Zangmonkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
#147  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
care to post a source?

nope
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangmonkey View Post
I'm just curious whether or not there is a zoning issue... because I haven't heard anything.
nope
Old 08-22-2010, 10:00 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#148  

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
nope

so you've been wrong about pretty much everything since the beginning of the thread. factually anyway.

__________________
lol
Old 08-22-2010, 10:06 PM Redrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#149  

The Unflushable Turd
BetaMax
 
The Unflushable Turd's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
also no this was a controversy before obama mentioned it

No shit you fucking dumbass jarhead moron i live in NY but you can go fuck your self you fucking muslim cock sucking bitch.
__________________
GIANTS SUPERBOWL CHAMPS 2008
“We hope T.O. has his popcorn ready,” Michael Strahan said. “Maybe him and Crayton can sit in his home theater and watch us next week.”
Old 08-22-2010, 10:09 PM The Unflushable Turd is offline  
Reply With Quote
#150  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:02 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.