General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
i'd say there's a distinct difference between the west's motivations for expansionism which were more rooted in politics, whereas islam's motivations were more theocratic.

the heads of the various caliphates throughout history were religious leaders. the heads of the various western empires were not.

that's not to necessarily excuse the wests' sins either. just an interesting distinction that should be noted.

Not to excuse, right. That's why you spent a post making excuses and distinctions.

"I'm not racist, but..."
"I don't mean to offend, but..."

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

AncientMarinade

Quote:
i'd say there's a distinct difference between the west's motivations for expansionism which were more rooted in politics, whereas islam's motivations were more theocratic.

the heads of the various caliphates throughout history were religious leaders. the heads of the various western empires were not.

that's not to necessarily excuse the wests' sins either. just an interesting distinction that should be noted.

I guarantee you that if you look through the history of "various western empires" you will find almost as much theocracy as the muslim world - just the muslims actually preach you should do it, the West simply implies through endangerment and coups that you "ought to"

I mean for christ's sake - ironically enough not literally - there were at one time "3" popes, an english king made up his own religion, and throughout all histories a "divine right to king" is a reappearing theme.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
irony, considering the bush voters are precisely the bigots crying about other religions having buildings too.

I wonder if anyone would say anything if someone wanted to build a church two blocks from an abortion clinic that had been bombed.

Regime|Life
The Silver Arrow

I honestly can't even believe this is an issue considering it's the First fucking Amendment to Constitution. This is retarded in all sense.

TriaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regime|Life View Post
I honestly can't even believe this is an issue considering it's the First fucking Amendment to Constitution. This is retarded in all sense.

It is stupid, but a bunch of self righteous asses seem to think their feelings trump everyone else's including the law. The right to not be offended is not a right, the right to religion however is. I also partially blame news organizations for flaming these kind of things into major controversy, by using loaded words and reporting without all the facts or unchecked facts all for the sake of ratings.

teh scud

Most the opposition seems to be anti-Islam and/or thinks all Muslims share blame for 9/11.

Regime|Life
The Silver Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriaD View Post
It is stupid, but a bunch of self righteous asses seem to think their feelings trump everyone else's including the law. The right to not be offended is not a right, the right to religion however is. I also partially blame news organizations for flaming these kind of things into major controversy, by using loaded words and reporting without all the facts or unchecked facts all for the sake of ratings.

Pretty much man. This is a game of right and wrong pretty much. Depending on what side you're on what side of the equation you belong on, you feel differently. America is so split right now that its incredibly difficult to say which side of the US is where and in what state they support it. Totally fucked up and its nothing the EDUCATED (not retard, I'm sorry), states can do about it.

2[H]4U

Quote:
i really don't see what's so hard to understand about this.

i'm not suprised

Go back to stormfront

2[H]4U

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
they polled just over 1000

I was being sarcastic. Because in the article Tom posted it said "70% of all americans" which was obviously a lie.

Most of these types of polls have a limited number of votes that can be cast. 1000 was that number in this poll and it's always a first come first serve basis.

Even the people that are truly against building the "mosque" at ground zero, if they were educated enough, would realize that what they are doing is exactly what GB did that caused englishmen to leave their homes and seek a better place. And it's also very obvious that the people who are against the building are highly uneducated. I've seen through personal experience in debates with random people I meet that it's always the uneducated blue collar laborer (usually from a southern state as well (no offense to anyone)) that has no idea what they are talking about in regards to the "mosque".

On the other hand EVERY single person I've talked to that has a 4 year college degree thinks it's absolutely retarded that they're even making a big deal about this "mosque".

Go figure.

2[H]4U

I wonder why no one was against the church being built next to the fed building in OK city after Tim blew it up,,,,,

Renork

This thread and the shitstorm about this "mosque' is the reason we are a constitutional representative republic. Or at least that is what we were designed to be.

Representative republic = the people are too stupid and can not be trusted to function as a true democracy.

Constitution = the people and the representatives they elect are too stupid and can not be trusted so we need to lock down what they can and can not do to protect the rights of the minority from the easily rallied hordes.

While the constitution is supposed to protect the rights of all equally, the rights of the majority do not need protecting with the same vigor as those of the minority.

Video moderately related.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriaD View Post
I thought I answered this in my last post. It was all started by a hate group called SIOA.

I think a similar analogy would be if two Nigerian black men blew up a mall full of every color person, then nine years later someone wanted to build a college aimed at African American students several blocks away.
Then the KKK shows up and starts protesting the college because they don't want black people in america. To stop the blackification of America.
And they bitch and moan long enough for desperate news organizations hungry for ratings to pick up their story, then bam! Instant national debate about why should black people be allowed to build near sacred holy land of white people land, when the whole damn point of the bombing was some Nigerian fucks who hated all Americans.
Sure, if you ignore the fact that Islam is a religion and not a race.....and a college is hardly the same as a house of worship.

Personally I feel that both sides are being overly retarded....those that are vehemently opposed to the mosque/rec center as well as those who are getting all lathered up about those who are opposed to it. And I guess the media shares some of the blame for blowing it out of proportion....and Obama for choosing to throw his hat into the ring just about the time the story was ready to die down.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2[H]4U View Post
I wonder why no one was against the church being built next to the fed building in OK city after Tim blew it up,,,,,
Maybe because he never claimed to be doing the lords work, didn't have a large network of Christian terrorists behind him, and his acts weren't cheered by Christians worldwide? Just a thought..

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Xayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Maybe because he never claimed to be doing the lords work, didn't have a large network of Christian terrorists behind him, and his acts weren't cheered by Christians worldwide? Just a thought..

he had exactly that. he had everyone who falls under the banner of the NRA supporting him for years until he actually applied what they preach.

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post

And Tim was not a "terrorist" by the definition of the term.
He was a murdering sick bastard, but by the definition he was a patriot.

The fascists who destroyed the towers wanted the people to be afraid of them to further their own power and to destroy the American society which they claimed is "corrupting" the world. (Great Satan and all that)
McVeigh wanted the government to see that (what he saw as) its oppression of the American people would not go unchecked.

But this has nothing to do with a mosque in New York and a controversy manufactured by retards.