General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

SemperFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
what exactly was i wrong about? that going out of their way to make a large ornate mosque so close to ground zero is by any objective standard not within their best interests, if only from a public relations stand point? i don't think so.
yeah, you're very wrong about that. it's not going to be a large ornate mosque. it's not going to be ornate at all. hell, it's not going to be a fucking mosque. it's a goddamn cultural center with a basketball court and a cooking school. the prayer area is even being run by a different group

Quote:
then i guess some 70% of america are bigots. bigoted or not, it's worth paying attention to whether or not you're causing a controversy when you do something like this, especially seeing as how islam is in some desperate need of a facelift if they wish to improve how they are perceived in the west. should they continue with this, there will be in a for a bump ride when it actually opens.
70% of america is not fighting this, though I wouldn't be surprised if that much of the country was as retardedly bigoted as you are
Quote:

it was most certainly named the cordoba house at one point in time.
and you don't even know what it's referencing. learn a little something about cordoba in spain before you fucking spout off
Quote:

you're really not doing yourself any favors finishing every post like this, but then again you're not all that educated so i'll let it slide.
I don't need to do myself any favors, everyone else here save for topcat and morlock see just how goddamn stupid you and this fucking argument of yours actually is. All you're doing is showing everyone, once again, just how dense you are.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
yeah, you're very wrong about that. it's not going to be a large ornate mosque. it's not going to be ornate at all. hell, it's not going to be a fucking mosque. it's a goddamn cultural center with a basketball court and a cooking school. the prayer area is even being run by a different group
13 stories of glass and steel is not ornate to you? i certainly consider it ornate, especially seeing as how most mosques in my area are shitty looking and were former store fronts. a basketball court to boot as well? how is this anything but ornate, i wish i had a basketball court to play in when i was forced to go to my bare bones catholic church on sundays.
Quote:
70% of america is not fighting this, though I wouldn't be surprised if that much of the country was as retardedly bigoted as you are.
you called me a bigot without refuting the core of my argument which i have repeated twice for you thus far, which is actually everything but bigoted. how quaint. as for the statistics for and against:
Quote:
polls showed that a majority of Americans (a margin of 54%–20%) opposed building a "mosque" on that site, as did most people from New York State (61%–26%) and New York City (52%–31%); in Manhattan, 46% supported the project while 36% were opposed.[17][18][19] A Marist poll dated August 2010 showed 53% support in the borough of Manhattan.[20]
Quote:
and you don't even know what it's referencing. learn a little something about cordoba in spain before you fucking spout off
Quote:
It was captured in 711[3] by a Muslim army: in 716 it became a provincial capital, depending from the Caliphate of Damascus; in Arabic it was known as قرطبة (Qurṭuba). In May 766, it was elected as capital of the independent Muslim emirate of al-Andalus, later a Caliphate itself. During the caliphate apogee (1000 AD), Córdoba had a population of roughly 400,000 inhabitants,[4] though estimates range between 250,000 and 500,000. In the 10th-11th centuries Córdoba was one of the most advanced cities in the world, as well as a great cultural, political, financial and economic centre. The Great Mosque of Córdoba dates back to this time; under caliph Al-Hakam II Córdoba received what was then the largest library in the world, housing from 400,000 to 1,000,000 volumes.
it's obvious that you're the one whose very ignorant of even the most basic of history, i'm finished with you.
Quote:
I don't need to do myself any favors, everyone else here save for topcat and morlock see just how goddamn stupid you and this fucking argument of yours actually is. All you're doing is showing everyone, once again, just how dense you are.
that just hurts, and themorlock in all of his drunken idiocy is far more intelligent and informed than you are...

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush

I think it's in poor taste given the percentages of people polled that oppose the mosque construction. It's ironic that the same crowed that claims to be all about sensitivity, fairness, and being nice to everyone is ignoring the ~70% of people who don't want it there, basically responding with "deal with it", and resorting to the classic left-wing tactic of dismissing them for biggotry in spite of the fact they have no general opposition to Islam or mosque construction elsewhere. I guess it's easier to dismiss someone as a bigot than actually attempt to engage your brain in a real discussion about the issue, a discussion which might, Lord forbid, actually be productive.

AncientMarinade

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I know I know It's Keith Olbermann, but despite his...erm...character it's a pretty good rant

SemperFly

Quote:
13 stories of glass and steel is not ornate to you?
IN LOWER MANHATTAN?!?! 13 stories is a fucking hovel
Quote:
i certainly consider it ornate, especially seeing as how most mosques in my area are shitty looking and were former store fronts.
who gives a fuck what you think in regards to their appearance? that's right, no one does. and it's NOT A GODDAMN MOSQUE
Quote:
a basketball court to boot as well? how is this anything but ornate, i wish i had a basketball court to play in when i was forced to go to my bare bones catholic church on sundays.
you're an idiot. almost every church I've ever been to had a gym. and it's not a fucking mosque with a basketball court, it's a community center with a lot of options in the facility that happens to include a prayer area.
Quote:

you called me a bigot without refuting the core of my argument which i have repeated twice for you thus far, which is actually everything but bigoted. how quaint. as for the statistics for and against:
Did you see where those numbers even came from? Hell, did you even read the numbers you fucking posted? They don't jive with your 70% figure.
Quote:
it's obvious that you're the one whose very ignorant of even the most basic of history, i'm finished with you.

that just hurts, and themorlock in all of his drunken idiocy is far more intelligent and informed than you are...
you're finished because all you can do is copy paste from the wiki article. good job showing just how little you know about this issue

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Our Lebanese Miss USA agrees with redrum..http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...ground_ze.html If she then I'll say fuck that mosque as well

Obviously she's just a bigot who hates Muslims than.

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

that whole post was nothing but ad hominems and anecdotes, nothing you posted refuted what i said whatsoever, i'm just going to start ignoring you now thanks.

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientMarinade View Post
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I know I know It's Keith Olbermann, but despite his...erm...character it's a pretty good rant

Yeah, he's totally different than a guy like Glen Beck, am I right?

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Btw.."Cordoba house" was a name proposed for the site at one time if it isn't still. That is a pretty provocative name if you think about it. Muslims take pride in the fact that they conquered Cordoba from the Roman Empire...but of course they lost it to Spain much later on. Personally I think this thing is getting way overblown in the media..sure it probably would have been best if a mosque (or muslim community center if you prefer) were never proposed that close to ground zero, but now that it has been (and everyone knows) they should go ahead and build the damn thing and hopefully everyone will forget about it in a few years.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
Btw.."Cordoba house" was a name proposed for the site at one time if it isn't still. That is a pretty provocative name if you think about it. Muslims take pride in the fact that they conquered Cordoba from the Roman Empire...but of course they lost it to Spain much later on. Personally I think this thing is getting way overblown in the media..sure it probably would have been best if a mosque (or muslim community center if you prefer) were never proposed that close to ground zero, but now that it has been (and everyone knows) they should go ahead and build the damn thing and hopefully everyone will forget about it in a few years.

hurr durr durr you know nothing of the spanish city of cordoba! nothing at all!

PLEASE RAPE MY FACE

AncientMarinade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
Yeah, he's totally different than a guy like Glen Beck, am I right?

you should watch Glenn Beck's response because it involves approximately 6 brain cells and an equal age of maturity to come up with his retort

'that's a lot of information....lol but no one watches his show lol let's point that out some more lol he's stupid"

+ YouTube Video

God I Glenn Beck

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

You know who else used to build churches on land they conquered? everyone throughout all of fucking history.

Freedom of religion trumps whiny bitches. That's why it is the first fucking amendment.

This whole issue is a huge nothing burger.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
hurr durr durr you know nothing of the spanish city of cordoba! nothing at all!

PLEASE RAPE MY FACE
Educate me then oh wise one..

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

SemperFly

Quote:
that whole post was nothing but ad hominems and anecdotes, nothing you posted refuted what i said whatsoever, i'm just going to start ignoring you now thanks.

provide an argument that deserves anything more than what I gave you and we'll try again. until then, the crap you spew doesn't deserve further effort

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:

you do realize that the christians reconquered cordoba and converted the mosque back into a church, right?