General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

SemperFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Educate me then oh wise one..

because naming it after something they lost in one of their most humiliating defeats is totally a slap in the face of the 9/11 victims

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
You know who else used to build churches on land they conquered? everyone throughout all of fucking history.

Freedom of religion trumps whiny bitches. That's why it is the first fucking amendment.

This whole issue is a huge nothing burger.

operant word being history of course, many of our muslims friends are still unfortunately trapped in the 14th century mode of islamic thinking, when it comes to everything from women's rights to penalties for adultery and homosexuality...

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
Educate me then oh wise one..

i was mocking another person in this thread...

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
provide an argument that deserves anything more than what I gave you and we'll try again. until then, the crap you spew doesn't deserve further effort

all you did was repeat bigot ad nauseum, without addressing my argument that a great deal many people, some muslims included, considering building the mosque so close to ground zero antagonistic, insulting, and unnecessary and that it would benefit greatly the people who are proposing this to rethink it all, if only from a public relations stand point.

reading is hard i guess.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
you do realize that the christians reconquered cordoba and converted the mosque back into a church, right?
Which would be the part about LOST IT TO SPAIN for those that can read? I agree that the whole argument is pretty silly...but naming something like that "Cordoba House" and placing it near ground zero could easily be read as a symbolic "Muslims retake Cordoba" by some people....but most uneducated people won't get that part of it.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientMarinade View Post
you should watch Glenn Beck's response because it involves approximately 6 brain cells and an equal age of maturity to come up with his retort

'that's a lot of information....lol but no one watches his show lol let's point that out some more lol he's stupid"

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

God I Glenn Beck

God Beck is such a jackass. And for the record I watch olbermann pretty much every day and he has never once said anything about getting beck taken off the air. He just points out what a retard beck is.

and lol, ratings? Beck wishes he got simpsons rerun ratings.

joemama

Quote:
because naming it after something they lost in one of their most humiliating defeats is totally a slap in the face of the 9/11 victims
Or a symbolic retaking of "Cordoba"? I used to like you, but I think the military has brought out the asshole retard that was lurking inside all along..

._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

SemperFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
all you did was repeat bigot ad nauseum,
because the shoe fits
Quote:
without addressing my argument that a great deal many people, some muslims included, considering building the mosque so close to ground zero antagonistic, insulting, and unnecessary and that it would benefit greatly the people who are proposing this to rethink it all, if only from a public relations stand point.

reading is hard i guess.
and those great many people, muslims including, are fucking retarded. people who give two shits about the public relations standpoint of this are fucking retarded. it simply doesn't matter one goddamn bit because you and all the other idiots clearly don't know what a mosque is and seem to think that the feelings of a few people mean a goddamn thing in the grand scheme of things. guess what: they don't. no one gives a fuck about the people who oppose this, which isn't 70% going by the very numbers you posted

nice try but please continue to fuck yourself

SemperFly

Quote:
Or a symbolic retaking of "Cordoba"? I used to like you, but I think the military has brought out the asshole retard that was lurking inside all along..

since you and redrum apparently can only rely on wikipedia for all your information, here's something on your level

Cordoba Initiative, the sponsors of Cordoba House, said that their name is meant to invoke 8th–11th century Córdoba, Spain, a time and a place where Muslims, Christians, and Jews co-existed peacefully.[27][9]

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
because the shoe fits

and those great many people, muslims including, are fucking retarded. people who give two shits about the public relations standpoint of this are fucking retarded. it simply doesn't matter one goddamn bit because you and all the other idiots clearly don't know what a mosque is and seem to think that the feelings of a few people mean a goddamn thing in the grand scheme of things. guess what: they don't. no one gives a fuck about the people who oppose this, which isn't 70% going by the very numbers you posted

nice try but please continue to fuck yourself

you'd be hard pressed to find many people who would argue that the KKK building a banquet hall across the street from the southern poverty law center would be a tactful move, i don't really see how anyone can think that muslims attempting to build a large mosque so close to ground zero is not at the very least provocative.

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
since you and redrum apparently can only rely on wikipedia for all your information, here's something on your level

Cordoba Initiative, the sponsors of Cordoba House, said that their name is meant to invoke 8th–11th century Córdoba, Spain, a time and a place where Muslims, Christians, and Jews co-existed peacefully.[27][9]

yeah another thing you should really consider looking into is what the muslim definition of coexisting peacefully actually means (including but not limited to a head tax).

joemama

Quote:

That's great, like I said...most people won't get the connection one way or the other, just wonder why a Muslim mosque/community center is named for a city in Spain. Also, I've already said that I personally feel they should just go ahead and build it...but also think it wasn't the brightest idea in the first place.

._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

SemperFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post

you'd be hard pressed to find many people who would argue that the KKK building a banquet hall across the street from the southern poverty law center would be a tactful move, i don't really see how anyone can think that muslims attempting to build a large mosque so close to ground zero is not at the very least provocative.

because the KKK is an entire organization with a singular message of hatred

to say that one and a half BILLION muslims with varying interpretations of their own religion and the majority of which have done nothing wrong is comparable to the KKK is insane

SemperFly

Quote:
That's great, like I said...most people won't get the connection one way or the other, just wonder why a Muslim mosque/community center is named for a city in Spain. Also, I've already said that I personally feel they should just go ahead and build it...but also think it wasn't the brightest idea in the first place.

At first I didn't care because I give a fuck about religions, they're all equally retarded...but now I think it's a great idea simply to expose the incredible idiocy of so many people who are getting unjustifiably pissed off about this.

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
because the KKK is an entire organization with a singular message of hatred

to say that one and a half BILLION muslims with varying interpretations of their own religion and the majority of which have done nothing wrong is comparable to the KKK is insane

i'm not comparing the entirety of islam to the KKK, but the undertone exists, pursuing this so aggressively without any regard to the opinions of others is not going to earn them any friends. proposing the name to be cordoba house, regardless of what they claim its meant to represent, is not going to earn them any friends. giving a big fuck you to anyone who eveny remotely suggests that they're being a little rash in doing this is not going to earn them any friends.

they would have been better off building another twenty mosques up and down manhattan under the radar than doing this. all this will do is continue to tarnish the image that islam has to a great deal many westerners. i as a muslim would not want to this, and would consider it counter productive. the massive disregard they have for the sentiments of their fellow citizens in a country that they're claiming to to try to assimilate into does not paint them in a very positive light.

Last edited by Redrum; 08-21-2010 at 08:06 PM..