General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
Because everyone in opposition to the mosque is automatically a white Christian bigot.
Yeah, they pretty much are.
Other than the really really rare hitchens/dawkins type neo-atheist scum, that's how it is. I think you should just learn how to fucking deal with it broseph.
Quote:
I guess it's easier to dismiss the other side as bigots so you don't have to, Lord forbid, engage in an intellectual discussion on the topic that might result in a compromise reached by both sides that can keep everyone happy. Afterall, the left always claims they're out to pacify the happiness of everyone, except apparently the 70% of people polled who oppose it.
Yes, because your idea of compromise is that everyone on this fucking planet should abide to your western world view and agendas when you see it fit but not the other way around.

Oh, and asking people of other religions should be treated unequally in zoning is the exact definition of bigotry, I think you should stop pretending it isn't just that and deal with that aswell.

Nice to see you pumped out the L-word there too.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
it's not 70% and there's no need to find a compromise because the only reason to oppose this comes from an asinine and emotional association between terrorists and one and a half billion muslims

b-b-but someone will get upset ...why won't they compromise .... save us glenn beck you're our only hope

SemperFly

lesbian?

Straw Man
RuHo

Quote:
lesbian?

No

It's the hand evil people use to masturbate with.

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush

Quote:
which conflicts with a variety of other surveys on the issue

Care to post them, or is the only source of that information your ass?

Quote:
and still doesn't fucking matter what 70% of the people have to say.

Democracy: Where what 70% of people think doesn't matter.

I'm glad to see you want the government to have a blank cheque on policy. Aren't you supposed to be defending the principles of the American constitution?

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Yes, because your idea of compromise is that everyone on this fucking planet should abide to your western world view and agendas when you see it fit but not the other way around.

not quite, but it would be nice if they kept their barbarism out of western nations though...whatever they do to each other in the backstreets of karachi or jeddah is up to them.

Straw Man
RuHo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
not quite, but it would be nice if they kept their barbarism out of western nations though...whatever they do to each other in the backstreets of karachi or jeddah is up to them.

Yes, because building a mosque really does effect what the fuck happens in karachi. It's not like the assbackwardness of these shitholes you like to mention have other heavily attributing causes, and the fact someone wants to build some fucking mosque in NY really speaks volumes on the rising trend of female genital mutilation in metropolitan areas

SemperFly

Quote:
Care to post them, or is the only source of that information your ass?
redrum himself posted them in this very thread
Quote:

Democracy: Where what 70% of people think doesn't matter
REPRESENTATIVE CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC, WHERE 70% OF PEOPLE CANNOT RESTRICT THE FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS OF THE OTHER 30%

Good fucking job not understanding the issue.
Quote:

I'm glad to see you want the government to have a blank cheque on policy. Aren't you supposed to be defending the principles of the American constitution?
Which is exactly what I'm doing. They have every right to build this despite their religion.

Give the government a blank cheque? What the hell are you talking about?

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Yeah, they pretty much are.
Other than the really really rare hitchens/dawkins type neo-atheist scum, that's how it is. I think you should just learn how to fucking deal with it broseph.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100818/...que_us_muslims

All of them must be closet Christian bigots, because only Christian bigots would think that way. Lets not have a discussion about the topic, just knee-jerk emotional reactions.

Quote:

Clearly you missed the part where I stated 3 or 4 times that we should be "engaging in a discussion and not just going by knee-jerk emotional reactions", but I've noticed during my tenure here you find reading comprehension to be a challenging exercise.

Straw Man
RuHo

Tom is very concerned about the consitution and the rights therein. It's being really honest, and his stance speaks volumes. He just happens to favor the opinion of bigots over freedom of religion.

Basically you just have to compromise now and then, and we can't have unhappy bigots now can we?

Straw Man
RuHo

Quote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100818/...que_us_muslims

All of them must be closet Christian bigots, because only Christian bigots would think that way. Lets not have a discussion about the topic, just knee-jerk emotional reactions.
Thank you for posting the news equivalent of "I have black friends". Besides, just glancing at the article you can see that even if this is the case, most of them are formulating this opinion to appease the bigots (you know, the people like yourself). Surely this is the most important thing that can be done, after all they are closest to your heart of hearts.
Quote:
Clearly you missed the part where I stated 3 or 4 times that we should be "engaging in a discussion and not just going by knee-jerk emotional reactions", but I've noticed during my tenure here you find reading comprehension to be a challenging exercise.
Your idea of a discussion is saying the left sucks and no mosques shouldn't be built to distort your western ideals, that's the only thing you want to discuss about, at least be honest about it.

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
REPRESENTATIVE CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC, WHERE 70% OF PEOPLE CANNOT RESTRICT THE FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS OF THE OTHER 30%

Good fucking job not understanding the issue.

You don't know how this system of government works, do you? There's a reason they're called "representatives". That's why ther eare town halls, that's why there are petitions, that's why there are debates in the houses of government. This is a matter of zoning and public opinion. If people were saying they don't want mosques built anywhere in the country, that would be one thing. People are saying they think this particular location is in poor taste. There's a difference between the two.

Quote:
Which is exactly what I'm doing. They have every right to build this despite their religion.

Give the government a blank cheque? What the hell are you talking about?

I'm talking about your suggestion that the government can and should act against the will of the vast majority of the people just because they don't like the way the people think. That's giving the government a blank cheque. Once you remove the ability to force government policy, you transfer all administrative powers to the government directly, away from the people.

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Tom is very concerned about the consitution and the rights therein. It's being really honest, and his stance speaks volumes. He just happens to favor the opinion of bigots over freedom of religion.

Basically you just have to compromise now and then, and we can't have unhappy bigots now can we?

Obviously the only thing you're capable of doing is dropping the "you're racist lol" line that lefty wimps like to do. It's the equivalent of a child plugging their ears and saying "la la la". I suggest you leave the discussion to people with the intellectual capability to examine the issue at hand.

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Thank you for posting the news equivalent of "I have black friends". Besides, just glancing at the article you can see that even if this is the case, most of them are formulating this opinion to appease the bigots (you know, the people like yourself). Surely this is the most important thing that can be done, after all they are closest to your heart of hearts.

Your idea of a discussion is saying the left sucks and no mosques shouldn't be built to distort your western ideals, that's the only thing you want to discuss about, at least be honest about it.

Yeah, I'm anti-Islam, you caught me, because by suggesting a mosque in this particular location is in poor taste based on the opinions of 70% of Americans clearly indicates I don't want mosques anywhere outside of Saudi Arabia. Good work, detective.

Straw Man
RuHo

Quote:
Obviously the only thing you're capable of doing is dropping the "you're racist lol" line that lefty wimps like to do. It's the equivalent of a child plugging their ears and saying "la la la". I suggest you leave the discussion to people with the intellectual capability to examine the issue at hand.

I don't think I called anyone racist (yet). Tom wants to have an intellectual conversation, folks. His idea of an intellectual conversation is wanting to appease to people of prejudice while citating amendments, in wanting to restrict freedom of religion of others. Solely on the fact he just doesn't like them.

With an IQ of 90, I guess that warrants as intellectual discussion. Obviously the only thing you're capable of doing is interpreting the law when it fits you.