General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
Yeah, I'm anti-Islam, you caught me, because by suggesting a mosque in this particular location is in poor taste based on the opinions of 70% of Americans clearly indicates I don't want mosques anywhere outside of Saudi Arabia. Good work, detective.
I'm not very convinced you want them in Saudi Arabia either. Perhaps you should find a poll where 70% of people don't want them in Saudi Arabia, and say how oppressed the poor bigots are.

Yes, you are anti-islam. Seeing as the site is apparently zoned like it should be, and everything is done like it should with the only hitch being that bleeding heart beckist trash like you won't like it, it's a surefire sign. You just need to deal with it broseph, sad but true
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 08-22-2010, 07:22 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#121  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush
 
Tom Kazansky's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
I'm not very convinced you want them in Saudi Arabia either. Perhaps you should find a poll where 70% of people don't want them in Saudi Arabia, and say how oppressed the poor bigots are.

Yes, you are anti-islam. Seeing as the site is apparently zoned like it should be, and everything is done like it should with the only hitch being that bleeding heart beckist trash like you won't like it, it's a surefire sign. You just need to deal with it broseph, sad but true

blah blah blah blah blah racism blah blah blah blah bigot blah blah blah blah blah

Also, 99% of people in Saudi Arabia are Muslim, and it's illegal to openly practice any other religion outside of Western compounds, so there will be no such survey. It's ok though, because it's not the white man keeping everyone down, am I right? Obviously not a human rights violation anywhere near the scale of 70% of Americans (who are all obviously Christian bigots, even the Muslim ones, because you have to be white, Christian, and probably male to be a bigot) not wanting a mosque 2 blocks away from the most famous act of terrorism in western history.
__________________
ERTW - Engineers Rule The World
Old 08-22-2010, 07:26 PM Tom Kazansky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#122  

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
lol i like how calling someone anti-islam is supposed to be an insult.

i'll openly admit i'm anti islam. and anti-religion as well. perhaps i am not as anti-religion as i am anti-islam, it's just that islam has a tendency to leave a particularly sour taste in my mouth, given its particularly illustrious history.
__________________
lol
Old 08-22-2010, 07:27 PM Redrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#123  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
lol i like how calling someone anti-islam is supposed to be an insult.

i'll openly admit i'm anti islam. perhaps not as much as i am anti-religion in general, just islam has a tendency to leave a particularly sour taste in my mouth, given its particularly illustrious history.

You don't pretend otherwise, though. That's the difference.
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 08-22-2010, 07:29 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#124  

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
someone wants to build some fucking mosque in NY really speaks volumes on the rising trend of female genital mutilation in metropolitan areas

i wouldn't say it's just some fucking mosque. a mosque across the street from central park would be just some fucking mosque. i refuse to naively believe its proximity to ground zero is a mere coincidence. there's certainly a "haha you can't stop us" component to all of this. it might not be the primary motive but i definitely feel it's a factor.

in any event i've made my stance clear. they legally have the right to build, and they should not be stopped. i just personally think its not tactful of them, and will not help them *as a group* PR wise. then again i'm sure they had a line of reasoning that went something along the lines of "they hate us all anyway, why not just snag up this propety for cheap while we still can?"

in for a penny in for a pound i guess.
__________________
lol
Old 08-22-2010, 07:33 PM Redrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#125  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
blah blah blah blah blah racism blah blah blah blah bigot blah blah blah blah blah

Also, 99% of people in Saudi Arabia are Muslim, and it's illegal to openly practice any other religion outside of Western compounds. It's ok though, because it's not the white man keeping everyone down, am I right?
You seem to endorse such thinking though, perhaps you should move to Saudi Arabia and convert to islam. Because as you know, since they do it in Saudi Arabia, it's really commendable and desirable anywhere. According to you that is, that is why you bring the subject up and seemingly wish this to happen elsewhere. Dominant religions should always be favored, right?

Have fun in Saudi Arabia Tom, regardless of do you physically move or install your personal Saudi Arabia at your geographical location. I hope you won't miss your western ideals, then again you don't seem to miss them that much when it suits you.

Quote:
Obviously not a human rights violation anywhere near the scale of 70% of Americans (who are all obviously Christian bigots, even the Muslim ones, because you have to be white, Christian, and probably male to be a bigot) not wanting a mosque 2 blocks away from the most famous act of terrorism in western history.
I'm liking how you're now trying to play the majority game. Perhaps the thought of being a fucking bigot doesn't sound too disheartening anymore. Nice. Majority and legislation always triumphs, that's why we need separate water fountains and Hitler won the elections. Can't argue with figures, they're always right and should be followed.

That's irrelevant though, because like you say, what really is most important is that we don't have unhappy bigots.
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 08-22-2010, 07:37 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#126  

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Perhaps the thought of being a fucking bigot doesn't sound too disheartening anymore. Nice.

lolwut

the overwhelming majority of the world considers the people in the adjacent village 2 kilometers away from them to be subhuman trash who their children should not marry and avoid at all costs.

being a bigot is about as natural as taking a shit. everyone is bigoted to a certain degree. especially members of a certain moon god worshiping death cult.

take your false moral high ground and shove it up your ass.
__________________
lol
Old 08-22-2010, 07:41 PM Redrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#127  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
i wouldn't say it's just some fucking mosque. a mosque across the street from central park would be just some fucking mosque. i refuse to naively believe its proximity to ground zero is a mere coincidence. there's certainly a "haha you can't stop us" component to all of this. it might not be the primary motive but i definitely feel it's a factor.
It might not be a motive at all, but don't let that bother you
Quote:
in any event i've made my stance clear. they legally have the right to build, and they should not be stopped. i just personally think its not tactful of them, and will not help them *as a group* PR wise. then again i'm sure they had a line of reasoning that went something along the lines of "they hate us all anyway, why not just snag up this propety for cheap while we still can?"

in for a penny in for a pound i guess.
Why is it that muslims out of all the people in the world, seem to be the only ones that are representative of their whole little club? No one wants to picket a christian org building near fuck anything. Trying to justify this thinking with some fucking PR line, or "tact" is ridiculous.
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 08-22-2010, 07:42 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#128  

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush
 
Tom Kazansky's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
You seem to endorse such thinking though, perhaps you should move to Saudi Arabia and convert to islam. Because as you know, since they do it in Saudi Arabia, it's really commendable and desirable anywhere. According to you that is, that is why you bring the subject up and seemingly wish this to happen elsewhere. Dominant religions should always be favored, right?

Have fun in Saudi Arabia Tom, regardless of do you physically move or install your personal Saudi Arabia at your geographical location. I hope you won't miss your western ideals, then again you don't seem to miss them that much when it suits you.


I'm liking how you're now trying to play the majority game. Perhaps the thought of being a fucking bigot doesn't sound too disheartening anymore. Nice. Majority and legislation always triumphs, that's why we need separate water fountains and Hitler won the elections. Can't argue with figures, they're always right and should be followed.

That's irrelevant though, because like you say, what really is most important is that we don't have unhappy bigots.

I'm not surprised you're not able to actually discuss this beyond silly catch phrases. It's not your MO to actually engage your brain before sounding off, so I suppose this just continues the tradition of no critical thought.

Glad to see you can ignore worldwide oppression while accusing another of bigotry. Then again, you lack the intellectual capacity to understand oppression outside of the white man and/or the United States, so I'll let that slide.
__________________
ERTW - Engineers Rule The World
Old 08-22-2010, 07:45 PM Tom Kazansky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#129  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
lolwut

the overwhelming majority of the world considers the people in the adjacent village 2 kilometers away from them to be subhuman trash who their children should not marry and avoid at all costs.

being a bigot is about as natural as taking a shit. everyone is bigoted to a certain degree. especially members of a certain moon god worshiping death cult.

take your false moral high ground and shove it up your ass.

Perhaps. Their little superstitions and such don't really make them any more or less vile than the average christian or any other stupid fucking moron with imaginary friends. But we can't have that now can we, freedom for everyone who thinks like me

The next time you go to stormfront tell Sam I said hi, I miss the little qt pie
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 08-22-2010, 07:45 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#130  

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
It might not be a motive at all, but don't let that bother you

Why is it that muslims out of all the people in the world, seem to be the only ones that are representative of their whole little club? No one wants to picket a christian org building near fuck anything. Trying to justify this thinking with some fucking PR line, or "tact" is ridiculous.

because christianity is overwhelming fractured, and has been denominated to high heaven and back. the overwhelming majority of muslims are sunni (89%), which at the very least gives islam as a whole an air of cohesiveness that is lacking in other major organized religions.
__________________
lol
Old 08-22-2010, 07:45 PM Redrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#131  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
I'm not surprised you're not able to actually discuss this beyond silly catch phrases. It's not your MO to actually engage your brain before sounding off, so I suppose this just continues the tradition of no critical thought.

Glad to see you can ignore worldwide oppression while accusing another of bigotry. Then again, you lack the intellectual capacity to understand oppression outside of the white man and/or the United States, so I'll let that slide.

"Oppression is ok, it happens in Saudi Arabia too"
-Kazansky
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 08-22-2010, 07:46 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#132  

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
The next time you go to stormfront tell Sam I said hi, I miss the little qt pie

your arguments really ought to be comprised of more than baseless character assassination, brah.
__________________
lol
Old 08-22-2010, 07:47 PM Redrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#133  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post


You don't know how this system of government works, do you? There's a reason they're called "representatives". That's why ther eare town halls, that's why there are petitions, that's why there are debates in the houses of government. This is a matter of zoning and public opinion. If people were saying they don't want mosques built anywhere in the country, that would be one thing. People are saying they think this particular location is in poor taste. There's a difference between the two.
No town hall or petition or debate matters here because it's a matter of religious freedom. 70% of assholes can't override the first amendment.

Public opinion on taste can't do it either.
Quote:
I'm talking about your suggestion that the government can and should act against the will of the vast majority of the people just because they don't like the way the people think. That's giving the government a blank cheque. Once you remove the ability to force government policy, you transfer all administrative powers to the government directly, away from the people.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

This isn't the government acting against the will of the people.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:50 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#134  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
because christianity is overwhelming fractured, and has been denominated to high heaven and back. the overwhelming majority of muslims are sunni (89%), which at the very least gives islam as a whole an air of cohesiveness that is lacking in other major organized religions.

It's pretty interesting that you attribute all this to ideology alone. I don't think that's true. There's nothing that wealth and pornography will not cure.
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 08-22-2010, 07:53 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#135  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:26 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.