General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
both acts by either side are equally inconsiderate, at least in my opinion.
which is some rather ridiculous moral relativism.

Quote:
my issue isn't with whether or not either side has a right to do either, but the differing reactions that came about. why should we be sensitive to whether or not muslims are offended by this act, but dismiss americans aside who think park 51 isn't appropriate as mere bigots?
Because one is a deliberate act of hate with no redeeming qualities and the other is specifically meant to reach out and promote interfaith peace and understanding. Do you not see how one is a gesture of peace and the other is basically a hate crime?

Quote:
if muslims decided to get together to burn a american flags in the middle of a small town in the midwest, would you be arguing that it is insensitive and should be stopped? or would you argue that it is vital that their first amendment to burn flags is protected at all costs?
I'd tell them that they have the right to do it but under the circumstances I think it is really really fucking stupid and it would not do anything positive, just like burning books wont.

We are not arguing the legality of these things. They are all legal. We are arguing the merits and motives. Nothing good could come of muslims burning american flags in the midwest just like nothing good can come from burning korans in BFE.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
What rhetoric? He hasn't said anything that anyone else who isn't ignorant of our history and foreign policy wouldn't say or agree with. Obama has said the same things that the imam has said as well as many others. The only people who get upset are ignorant motherfuckers who think the sun shines out americas collective asshole and have no real idea about our somewhat sordid history. The same motherfuckers who are always blathering on about american exceptionalism as we circle the drain.

even if i his statement has merit to it, do you REALLY think it was a good idea of him to say something like that on record while trying to build so closely to ground zero? does it REALLY sound like something somebody would say who supposed sole mission of building park 51 is to promote interfaith understanding?

it's a major gaffe, and does not bode well for his image.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpayedClone View Post
which is some rather ridiculous moral relativism.

Because one is a deliberate act of hate with no redeeming qualities and the other is specifically meant to reach out and promote interfaith peace and understanding. Do you not see how one is a gesture of peace and the other is basically a hate crime?

Already been exposed as SpayedClone

Stick to arguing about US civil liberties and how EVERYONE is entitled to them( oh but not the koran burners. bible burners and flag burners are of course fully covered.

pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
US brought 911 on itself?

etc etc etc?

I thought I asked you before
Dont be a spayed or dumbho.

Do you mean the one where he made this perfectly rational and true statement:

Quote:
"We tend to forget, in the West, that the United States has more Muslim blood on its hands than al Qaida has on its hands of innocent non Muslims. You may remember that the US-led sanctions against Iraq led to the death of over half a million Iraqi children. This has been documented by the United Nations. And when Madeleine Albright, who has become a friend of mine over the last couple of years, when she was Secretary of State and was asked whether this was worth it, said it was worth it.
and then the right wing echochamber took it and ran with it?

or was it this condemnation of violence?

Quote:
"The truth is that killing innocent people is always wrong and no argument or excuse no matter how deeply believed, can ever make it right."

pyramid

Quote:
even if i his statement has merit to it, do you REALLY think it was a good idea of him to say something like that on record while trying to build so closely to ground zero? does it REALLY sound like something somebody would say who supposed sole mission of building park 51 is to promote interfaith understanding?

Yes, we should all try to remember that the american people are little children who don't like hearing the truth.

You do realize of course that this guy is an american who was not only in new york on 9/11 but went down to the WTC to help out?

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Who said anything about stopping them? The question was why it was dangerous.
And you still danced around it just like everyone else in this thread. Once again in case you missed it....paper...ink...possibly a leather or pleather binding...fire...EXTREME VIOLENCE! SUICIDE BOMBINGS! BURN EMBASSIES!!!1

I know why it would be a stupid thing for the preacher to do, that's common sense....but for it to be a dangerous thing that has far reaching effects worldwide doesn't even blow your mind at least a little bit?

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:

"the evil muslim was correct, but I wanted him to lie so that the powers that be do not look bad. How dare he speak the truth which I agree with but don't want uttered out loud"
-a racist on the internet

TheMorlock

No I mean the one that no matter what the US does spayed clones think his statement is perfectly rational and true.

you are walking pretty close to the despised idiot column.

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
And you still danced around it just like everyone else in this thread. Once again in case you missed it....paper...ink...possibly a leather or pleather binding...fire...EXTREME VIOLENCE! SUICIDE BOMBINGS! BURN EMBASSIES!!!1

I know why it would be a stupid thing for the preacher to do, that's common sense....but for it to be a dangerous thing that has far reaching effects worldwide doesn't even blow your mind at least a little bit?

They dont understand that for it to be a dangerous thing it requires Fucking Imbeciles reacting irrationally with extreme violence by any other societal standards in response.

They just cant grasp it.

To them, burining a koran in response to insensitivity to 9/11 is the same as beheading someone for burning a koran. ONe is a fucktard the other is a justifiable cultural outrage.

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
Because one is a deliberate act of hate with no redeeming qualities and the other is specifically meant to reach out and promote interfaith peace and understanding.

there are far, far better ways to promote interfaith understanding then building a large "muslim community center". a multi-faith interdenominational center where the differences between the various world religions can be discussed comes to mind.

Quote:
Do you not see how one is a gesture of peace and the other is basically a hate crime?
no on both counts. each action pisses off essentially people cut from the same cloth, dogmatic close minded people who are heavily religious. my question is why go out our way to accommodate the sensibilities of one group of bigots over another? are westerners supposed to have thicker skins by default than muslims for some reason? are we as westerners not prone to bursts of emotion ourselves? is the implication that we are supposed to be stoic stalwarts of rationalism all of the time, while they're allowed to break into a violent rage at the drop of a hat simply because they're backward retards?

Quote:
We are not arguing the legality of these things. They are all legal. We are arguing the merits and motives. Nothing good could come of muslims burning american flags in the midwest just like nothing good can come from burning korans in BFE.
agreed. but i also feel nothing good can come from building so closely to ground zero, beside igniting a new wave of islamophobia. i called it over two weeks ago and looked what happened.

but then again i'll admit i don't think islamophobia is so bad after all. but you have at least respect the fucks. they pick something and stick to it, death threats, firebombings, burnings of their holy book and strikes from construction workers be damned.

Last edited by Redrum; 09-11-2010 at 04:36 PM..

TheMorlock

For better or worse I dont think Islam as a major world power is going to be a factor 5 years from now.

the rest of the world is getting tired of them.

cokezeroholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
I don't even have to make fun of you, you actually went on quote saying you want to be a mage in a video game, among all the other stupid shit you spew daily rofl
World Of Morlock

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsiholic View Post
World Of Morlock

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

good on him, not being allowed to be coerced with threats of violence into not exercising his first amendment rights.

YOU'RE BURNING BOOKS LIKE HITLER

the ensuing amounts of leftist asspain shall be scrumptious...

i also love the reporter asking him if he fears violent reprisal from muslims...the implication of course being that they're all a bunch of wild savage animals with a tendency of killing whoever burns their holy book.

delicious.

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

good on him, not being allowed to be coerced with threats of violence into not exercising his first amendment rights.

YOU'RE BURNING BOOKS LIKE HITLER

the ensuing amounts of leftist asspain shall be scrumptious...

i also love the reporter asking him if he fears violent reprisal from muslims...the implication of course being that they're all a bunch of wild savage animals with a tendency of killing whoever burns their holy book.

delicious.
so basically you're accusing the reporter of having prejudice, and even though it seems to match yours 100%, you're giving critique? wow
and some people say "PC leftists" all the time