General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Do you mean the one where he made this perfectly rational and true statement:

......."We tend to forget, in the West, that the United States has more Muslim blood on its hands than al Qaida has on its hands of innocent non Muslims. You may remember that the US-led sanctions against Iraq led to the death of over half a million Iraqi children. This has been documented by the United Nations. And when Madeleine Albright, who has become a friend of mine over the last couple of years, when she was Secretary of State and was asked whether this was worth it, said it was worth it. ....

and then the right wing echochamber took it and ran with it?

or was it this condemnation of violence?

You forget thats a lie. That supplies sent into Iraq meant to take care of the children were sold to build new palaces.

Actually I dont think you forgot. I think you have just beome a spayedclone

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
so basically you're accusing the reporter of having prejudice, and even though it seems to match yours 100%, you're giving critique? wow
and some people say "PC leftists" all the time

all i'm saying is that if i were a muslim i'd be far more insulted from her question then i would be from that guy burning the koran.

she just drops it so casually, it's funny.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
there are far, far better ways to promote interfaith understanding then building a large "muslim community center". a multi-faith interdenominational center where the differences between the various world religions can be discussed comes to mind.

except that it is being built by muslims to teach people about islam.

Quote:
no on both counts. each action pisses off essentially people cut from the same cloth, dogmatic close minded people who are heavily religious. my question is why go out our way to accommodate the sensibilities of one group of bigots over another? are westerners supposed to have thicker skins by default than muslims for some reason? are we as westerners not prone to bursts of emotion ourselves? is the implication that we are supposed to be stoic stalwarts of rationalism all of the time, while they're allowed to break into a violent rage at the drop of a hat simply because they're backward retards?
No one is excusing any behavior. The way I look at it is, we need to speak out against the retarded extremists in our midst, just like moderate muslims need to speak out about their own retarded extremists. The reason I'm pissed off is that in both instances our retarded extremists are making the whole damn country look retarded.

burning a koran is retarded.
opposing a mosque is retarded.

In both cases it makes us all look fucking retarded.

Quote:
agreed. but i also feel nothing good can come from building so closely to ground zero, beside igniting a new wave of islamophobia. i called it over two weeks ago and looked what happened.
Oh buIIshit, the mosque didn't inflame the islamaphobia. It has been scheduled to be built there for years now. Even motherfucking fox was on board with it back when bush was in charge and imam rauf was bush's boy. They had the imam on various shows and all of the hosts were positive about it. Then all of a sudden we have a black muslim president from kenya and there is an issue. The same hosts on fox who were for the mosque are now against it and asking questions about its funding when one of the supposedly questionable donors is the same saudi prince who just bought like 30% of newscorp, the parent company of fox. And the "contriversy" was started by retarded right wing bloggers and then fox picked it up and ran with it until the main stream media did too.

Quote:
but then again i'll admit i don't think islamophobia is so bad after all. but you have at least respect the fucks. they pick something and stick to it, death threats, firebombings, burnings of their holy book and strikes from construction workers be damned.
What about all the people who support them and their mission. Seems people forget that there were counter protests and many people, like me, still do support the mosque. There are still some people in america who aren't ignorant dumbfucks who think all muslims are responsible for 9/11. Hundreds of american muslims died on 9/11 too.

TriaD

Burning things is such a crude primitive way to make a statement, so much so I think it makes the people doing the statement look ignorant and bigoted.

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
all i'm saying is that if i were a muslim i'd be far more insulted from her question then i would be from that guy burning the koran.

she just drops it so casually, it's funny.

Ah. I see. You're right.

At least if the question was asked in regards to the ongoing campaigns, it would seem like an honest and unloaded one.

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriaD View Post
Burning things is such a crude primitive way to make a statement, so much so I think it makes the people doing the statement look ignorant and bigoted.

Its much better to cut someones head clean off. Shows that you are serious business

TriaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Its much better to cut someones head clean off. Shows that you are serious business

No that would just be murderous.

pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
You forget thats a lie. That supplies sent into Iraq meant to take care of the children were sold to build new palaces.

Actually I dont think you forgot. I think you have just beome a spayedclone

there were never any sanctions on iraq. we were always at war with east eurasia.

I think you are thinking of the abuses and corruption in the oil for food program. Saddam wasn't building palaces by selling the food we sent in trade for oil, he was illegally selling additional oil outside the program and getting kickbacks from countries/companies in the oil for food program.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil-for...rogramme#Abuse

Quote:
The GAO estimates that the Saddam Hussein regime generated $10.1 billion in illegal revenues. This figure includes $5.7 billion from oil smuggling and $4.4 billion in illicit surcharges on oil sales and after-sales charges on suppliers.

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:

except when an american rock star burns a flag on stage while in the middle of an awesome solo while smoking marijuana, then it like, uh...makes him uh...like totally cool, right dude? cuz like...he has a message, and he's uh....deep and stuff, mannnnn...

TheMorlock

Quote:

there were never any sanctions on iraq. we were always at war with east eurasia.

I think you are thinking of the abuses and corruption in the oil for food program. Saddam wasn't building palaces by selling the food we sent in trade for oil, he was illegally selling additional oil outside the program and getting kickbacks from countries/companies in the oil for food program.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil-for...rogramme#Abuse

are you daft?

TriaD

Quote:
except when an american rock star burns a flag on stage while in the middle of an awesome solo while smoking marijuana, then it like, uh...makes him uh...like totally cool, right dude? cuz like...he has a message, and he's uh....deep and stuff, mannnnn...

back at your fat fucking retarded self. My statement still stands true.

pyramid

Quote:

exactly.

you wanna burn a flag, have at it. you want to burn a holy book, go for it. but don't try and tell me that you are making some great statement about anything but your own ignorance and lack of ability to make a real argument.

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
except that it is being built by muslims to teach people about islam.

so it's a building used to propagate and maintain islamic ideals, and nothing else. i would call that building a mosque, not a building of interfaith peace and understanding.

Quote:
Oh buIIshit, the mosque didn't inflame the islamaphobia.
so this koran burning shit storm just kind of popped out of nowhere, completely unprovoked then? or has it been there all along, it just so happened to reach its apex coincidentally when park 51 starting gaining more and more air time on the major news networks?

Quote:
It has been scheduled to be built there for years now.
i really don't understand why so many people keep on repeating this, especially considering the property was purchased in 2009. a building similar to it may have been planned for a very long time now, but at its current proposed location it would be barely two years old now.

Quote:
Even motherfucking fox was on board with it back when bush was in charge and imam rauf was bush's boy. They had the imam on various shows and all of the hosts were positive about it.
don't watch much fox news, and i'm not calling you a liar either, but i find this really hard to believe.
Quote:
The same hosts on fox who were for the mosque are now against it and asking questions about its funding when one of the supposedly questionable donors
fox pulling a switacharoo notwithstanding i feel that it's a legitimate concern, especially considering how many mosques and other charitable muslim organizations had links to terrorists before (such as hamas (of which i don't necessarily consider to be a terrorist organization of the same mold of al quaeda)). sue me for racial profiling but i think it's a good question to ask.

Quote:
What about all the people who support them and their mission. Seems people forget that there were counter protests and many people, like me, still do support the mosque. There are still some people in america who aren't ignorant dumbfucks who think all muslims are responsible for 9/11. Hundreds of american muslims died on 9/11 too.
good point. what of the muslims who agreed that building so close to ground zero has antagonistic connotations then? are they bigots, or just plain uncle toms?

Last edited by Redrum; 09-11-2010 at 07:02 PM..

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Are you seriously trying to make the argument there was no islamophobic sentiment anywhere to be seen until someone decided to build that fucking arab palace in NYC? Fucking seriously dude?

Straw Man
RuHo

Oh and pyramid, I think the resident anarchosyndicalist hippie (self-titled) is trying to make some obscure point regarding the UN imposed sanctions on Iraq. That's what the muslim dude was referring to, and which Albright fumbled in the news. Oil For Food is kind of connected to that, but it was the sanctions that killed the people. Themorlock is trying to make a revisionist point that it was Saddam.

Sadly it's not really true in the full sense of what he's trying to say, but this isn't the first or the last time truthiness escapes him