General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Are you seriously trying to make the argument there was no islamophobic sentiment anywhere to be seen until someone decided to build that fucking arab palace in NYC? Fucking seriously dude?

not at all.

what i am trying to argue is that it kicked islamophobia in the us into high gear, and i don't see how anyone can argue otherwise, going from "hurr durr dem dar muslims" to "let's go burn sum dem koh-rahns".

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
not at all.

what i am trying to argue is that it kicked islamophobia in the us into high gear, and i don't see how anyone can argue otherwise.

aaaand once again, would you like to set some hypothetical boundaries in to this, as in what you feel is appropriate in order for anyone to not "kick islamophobia in the us into high gear". I mean, we really don't want to offend the bigots now do we?

How many years have to pass from 9/11, and how many meters must anyone not judeochristian use as a buffer zone in order not to offend your highness? Since it's this clearcut and obvious perhaps you should suggest some honest estimates

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
aaaand once again, would you like to set some hypothetical boundaries in to this, as in what you feel is appropriate in order for anyone to not "kick islamophobia in the us into high gear". I mean, we really don't want to offend the bigots now do we?

How many years have to pass from 9/11, and how many meters must anyone not judeochristian use as a buffer zone in order not to offend your highness? Since it's this clearcut and obvious perhaps you should suggest some honest estimates

i honestly don't know how to answer your question, especially considering the centuries of strife between the three abrahamic religions, butthurt will continue to exist for a very, very long time, quite possibly until the entire world moves toward some star trek-esque brand of secular humanism, which in all likelihood will never happen. i guess relations will start to improve once the majority of the islamic world starts to make baby steps out of the stone age, and stops appearing to be so simplistically monolithic.

how long do you take it will take the finns to move on with the butthurt that stems from centuries of russian imperialism?

Last edited by Redrum; 09-11-2010 at 07:22 PM..

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
i honestly don't know how to answer your question, especially considering the centuries of strife between the three abrahamic religions, butthurt will continue to exist for a very, very long time, quite possibly until the entire world moves toward some star trek-esque brand of secular humanism.
Translation: I am a bigot that cannot even admit this to myself
"they shouldn't build so close to groundzero and they shouldn't build a mosque. Actually I don't want them to exist. Why won't they think of my feelings wahhhhh"
Quote:
how long do you take it will take the finns to move on with the butthurt that stems from centuries of russian imperialism?
Out of ammo are we? That's a pretty common thing for a slav isn't it...at least you're not on the battlefield losing your life for the motherland

Straw Man
RuHo

Oh, and how about field churches and men of god in iraq and afghanistan? Are those sensitive to muslims or what?

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
so it's a building used to propagate and maintain islamic ideals, and nothing else. i would call that building a mosque, not a building of interfaith peace and understanding.

No, it's to teach ignorant people like you what islam is really about. Not that you would ever go.

Quote:
so this koran burning shit storm just kind of popped out of nowhere, completely unprovoked then?
Yeah, some dumbfuck from nowheresville decided it would be a great way for him to get some free publicity. And, unfortunately, it worked. Now there are dozens of copycat retards out there trying to get their own 15 seconds of fame.

Quote:
i really don't understand why so many people keep on repeating this, especially considering the property was purchased in 2009.
hmm, I guess you are right there. But even in 2009 and early 2010 there was no issue. It all really started in may with a retarded islamophobic blogger and the New York Post (another rupert murdoch production).

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/w...mosque_origins

Quote:
don't watch much fox news, and i'm not calling you a liar either, but i find this really hard to believe.
The guy was on glenn becks show as far back as 2006 when beck was still at CNN. There was another female Fox host who had the imam on back in 09 and spoke positively about the mosque and the mission of it and then in 2010 was against it. they even played both clips on the daily show a little while back.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201008230004

Here is his wife on fox with laura ingram:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Quote:
fox pulling a switacharoo notwithstanding i feel that it's a legitimate concern, especially considering how many mosques and other muslim organizations had links to terrorists before (such as hamas (of which i don't necessarily consider to be a terrorist organization of the same mold of al quaeda)). sue me for racial profiling but i think it's a good question to ask.
Imam Rauf was at ground zero on 9/11 helping out however he could. He has been in the service of the united states for years. He has consistently spoken out against terrorism and extremism. He has given anti-terrorism speeches to the FBI and state department and worked with them on anti-terrorism as well. To question this guy's motives at this point in time is really fucking stupid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feisal_Abdul_Rauf

Quote:
good point. what of the muslims who agreed that building so close to ground zero has antagonistic connotations as well? are they bigots, or just plain uncle toms?
probably just ignorant.

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
Translation: I am a bigot that cannot even admit this to myself
"they shouldn't build so close to groundzero and they shouldn't build a mosque. Actually I don't want them to exist. Why won't they think of my feelings wahhhhh"

Out of ammo are we? That's a pretty common thing for a slav isn't it...at least you're not on the battlefield losing your life for the motherland
wow. took you all of five minutes. let's see if you can last for ten next time.
Quote:
Oh, and how about field churches and men of god in iraq and afghanistan? Are those sensitive to muslims or what?

of course it's insensitive, and i feel that not a single denomination should be wasting its time proselytizing or imposing its views in the middle east. except for maybe MTV.

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
No, it's to teach ignorant people like you what islam is really about. Not that you would ever go.

i've read the koran and have several close muslims friends. i literally would not need to go, a much finer mosque is within walking distance of my residence. i know the imam personally, piece of shit smokes opium while repeating to me how immoral and poisonous MTV is (not that i'd disagree)...doesn't mean i have to like or agree with his belief system though.

Quote:
probably just ignorant.

heh. if you say so.

Straw Man
RuHo

Quote:
wow. took you all of five minutes. let's see if you can last for ten next time.
seriously, a slav trying to talk shit about history. p weak either way bro

wtf

Quote:
of course it's insensitive, and i feel that not a single denomination should be wasting its time proselytizing or imposing its views in the middle east. except for maybe MTV.
killing hundreds of thousands of people and building churches in places they're not wanted in at the same time is a nonissue, but building a mosque 9 years after 9/11 is insensitive. Oh well not like you even appeared to be objective in anyway even before this, you little white supremacist you

Straw Man
RuHo

oh and he just rolled out the "I have muslim friends"

this is getting so fucking hilarious it should be a sitcom

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
oh and he just rolled out the "I have muslim friends"

this is getting so fucking hilarious it should be a sitcom

i bet you're so jealous i'm so metropolitan and multicultural, while the only company you have in your frozen tundra wasteland of a town is goats and chickens. don't worry, if you're cool enough you'll impress some black guy vacationing in helsinki too one day, i know just how huge of a novelty they are to you eurofags...

Straw Man
RuHo

Quote:
i bet you're so jealous i'm so metropolitan and multicultural, while the only company you have in your frozen tundra wasteland of a town is goats and chickens. don't worry, if you're cool enough you'll impress some black guy vacationing in helsinki too one day, i know just how huge of a novelty they are to you eurofags...

this is p weak bro
perhaps you should ask all your muslim friends to proofread your posts from now on

pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
are you daft?

the oil for food program was the aid program set up to help iraqis living under sanctions, wasn't it?

pyramid

Quote:
i've read the koran and have several close muslims friends. i literally would not need to go,

Then why do you seem to hate muslims?

Quote:
a much finer mosque is within walking distance of my residence. i know the imam personally, piece of shit smokes opium while repeating to me how immoral and poisonous MTV is (not that i'd disagree)...doesn't mean i have to like or agree with his belief system though.
no one ever said you had to agree with anyone. and lol, I would agree about MTV too.

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
Then why do you seem to hate muslims?

i don't hate muslims per se, i just feel there are certain distinctive features about islam from a dogmatic sense that allow it to be exploited in a particularly vicious way for political purposes. islam and politics are far too intertwined, both currently and historically, and i don't think that's a particularly good thing. the fact that the average muslim is a whole lot more zealous than your average christian doesn't help matters either. there's a lot of talk of extremists perverting islam, others would argue that many extremists are simply following the koran as intended (as a literal unbroken word of god channeled through one man), with the only ambiguity being as to how literally one should interpret the hadith (islam's equivalent of the gospel, tales of mohamed told one hundred years after the fact by several authors), which unfortunately, an overwhelming majority of sunni imams hold in the same esteem as the koran. if certain passages from the koran raise a few eyebrows, passages from the hadith seem like a bad peyote trip.

i'm perfectly capable of despising a person's religious beliefs while enjoying their company, kind of what i do with ruho and his cult like obssession with the words bigotry and racism

tl;dr i'm distrustful of them as a group/entity but at the same time i judge individuals individually

Last edited by Redrum; 09-11-2010 at 08:30 PM..