General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Um no, democrats controlled congress while reagan was in office and spent us into a mess.

Nice revisionism though.

The real jobs were outsourced by granting unlimited H1B visa's Not sure who did that. The donkey work jobs were ousourced by NAFTA which IIRC was a republican fiasco.

But the democrats had control of two out of three branches of the federal government during a certain time span for 40 years and still blame everything on republicans.

And you think there is more disparity now than there was between J P Getty and a child laborer or milk delivery man?
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323

Last edited by TheMorlock; 11-11-2010 at 11:43 PM..
Old 11-11-2010, 11:34 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#91  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

LegendKiller
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Um no, democrats controlled congress while reagan was in office and spent us into a mess.

Nice revisionism though.

The real jobs were outsourced by granting unlimited H1B visa's Not sure who did that. The donkey work jobs were ousourced by NAFTA which IIRC was a republican fiasco.

But the democrats had control of two out of three branches of the federal government during a certain time span for 40 years and still blame everything on republicans.

And you think there is more disparity now than there was between J P Getty and a child laborer or milk delivery man?

Spending had almost nothing to do with it. Cutting taxes had almost everything to do with it. Maybe you should go look up spending as a % of GDP, you'll quickly see it hasn't really gone up much.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:18 PM LegendKiller is offline  
Reply With Quote
#92  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 



1974-11-01 6.6
1974-12-01 7.2
1975-01-01 8.1
1975-02-01 8.1
1975-03-01 8.6
1975-04-01 8.8
1975-05-01 9.0
1975-06-01 8.8
1975-07-01 8.6
1975-08-01 8.4
1975-09-01 8.4
1975-10-01 8.4
1975-11-01 8.3
1975-12-01 8.2
1976-01-01 7.9
1976-02-01 7.7
1976-03-01 7.6
1976-04-01 7.7
1976-05-01 7.4
1976-06-01 7.6
1976-07-01 7.8
1976-08-01 7.8
1976-09-01 7.6
1976-10-01 7.7
1976-11-01 7.8
1976-12-01 7.8
1977-01-01 7.5
1977-02-01 7.6
1977-03-01 7.4
1977-04-01 7.2
1977-05-01 7.0
1977-06-01 7.2
1977-07-01 6.9
1977-08-01 7.0
1977-09-01 6.8
1977-10-01 6.8
1977-11-01 6.8
1977-12-01 6.4
1978-01-01 6.4
1978-02-01 6.3

Yeah reagan killed the economiessizzez
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 11-12-2010, 10:35 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#93  

LegendKiller
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post



1974-11-01 6.6
1974-12-01 7.2
1975-01-01 8.1
1975-02-01 8.1
1975-03-01 8.6
1975-04-01 8.8
1975-05-01 9.0
1975-06-01 8.8
1975-07-01 8.6
1975-08-01 8.4
1975-09-01 8.4
1975-10-01 8.4
1975-11-01 8.3
1975-12-01 8.2
1976-01-01 7.9
1976-02-01 7.7
1976-03-01 7.6
1976-04-01 7.7
1976-05-01 7.4
1976-06-01 7.6
1976-07-01 7.8
1976-08-01 7.8
1976-09-01 7.6
1976-10-01 7.7
1976-11-01 7.8
1976-12-01 7.8
1977-01-01 7.5
1977-02-01 7.6
1977-03-01 7.4
1977-04-01 7.2
1977-05-01 7.0
1977-06-01 7.2
1977-07-01 6.9
1977-08-01 7.0
1977-09-01 6.8
1977-10-01 6.8
1977-11-01 6.8
1977-12-01 6.4
1978-01-01 6.4
1978-02-01 6.3

Yeah reagan killed the economiessizzez

http://calculatedriskimages.blogspot...education.html

http://calculatedriskimages.blogspot...nt-of-gdp.html
Old 11-13-2010, 07:17 AM LegendKiller is offline  
Reply With Quote
#94  

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!
 
Zangmonkey's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKiller View Post
Spending had almost nothing to do with it. Cutting taxes had almost everything to do with it. Maybe you should go look up spending as a % of GDP, you'll quickly see it hasn't really gone up much.

You can also find that revenues as a percent of GDP are relatively stable too.
Nonetheless, government reach has grown tremendously.

"But who will fix the road?"
The issue isn't so much that government spends, the issue is what they spend their money on.
__________________
09 F9
Old 11-13-2010, 03:18 PM Zangmonkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
#95  

LegendKiller
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangmonkey View Post
You can also find that revenues as a percent of GDP are relatively stable too.
Nonetheless, government reach has grown tremendously.

"But who will fix the road?"
The issue isn't so much that government spends, the issue is what they spend their money on.

Government revenues are relatively "stable" because the government is making less on each wealthy person but making it up in volume as there are more wealthy people.

The "reach" may have expanded a bit but not always for the worse.

I agree that there needs to be more spending on making things (roads, bridges...etc) rather than making sure these people have nice paychecks and good retirement vis a vis their private counterparts.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:07 PM LegendKiller is offline  
Reply With Quote
#96  

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!
 
Zangmonkey's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKiller View Post
Government revenues are relatively "stable" because the government is making less on each wealthy person but making it up in volume as there are more wealthy people.

The "reach" may have expanded a bit but not always for the worse.

I agree that there needs to be more spending on making things (roads, bridges...etc) rather than making sure these people have nice paychecks and good retirement vis a vis their private counterparts.


Your answer is invalid considering the revenue stability spans times in which tax rates were very high.

BTW: government job retirement, wages and benefits are becoming the envy of the private sector because they are unaffordable and unsustainable for actual, accountable businesses.
__________________
09 F9
Old 11-14-2010, 01:54 PM Zangmonkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
#97  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
And dont forget that reagan time traveled back to the 70's and cause 14% inflation as well
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 11-14-2010, 05:26 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#98  

Patriotic Eagle
 
Patriotic Eagle's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Um no, democrats controlled congress while reagan was in office and spent us into a mess.

Nice revisionism though.

The real jobs were outsourced by granting unlimited H1B visa's Not sure who did that. The donkey work jobs were ousourced by NAFTA which IIRC was a republican fiasco.

But the democrats had control of two out of three branches of the federal government during a certain time span for 40 years and still blame everything on republicans.

And you think there is more disparity now than there was between J P Getty and a child laborer or milk delivery man?

Wow it's almost like Democrats are also capitalists guided by neo-liberal economics???
Old 11-16-2010, 05:23 PM Patriotic Eagle is offline  
Reply With Quote
#99  

Patriotic Eagle
 
Patriotic Eagle's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangmonkey View Post
Nonetheless, government reach has grown tremendously.
How so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangmonkey View Post
Your answer is invalid considering the revenue stability spans times in which tax rates were very high.

BTW: government job retirement, wages and benefits are becoming the envy of the private sector because they are unaffordable and unsustainable for actual, accountable businesses.
They're envied because the government can't as easily screw over millions of people collectively as the private sector has and continues to do.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:34 PM Patriotic Eagle is offline  
Reply With Quote
#100  

imzjustplayin
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Eagle View Post
How so?


They're envied because the government can't as easily screw over millions of people collectively as the private sector has and continues to do.

That's . No private sector company can exercise power like the government can. What private company can just print money to get rid of its debt and NOT get arrested?
__________________
The answer to 1984 is 1776.
Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmicist.
Is hindsight 20/20 for someone who is legally blind?
Old 11-17-2010, 01:53 PM imzjustplayin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#101  

LegendKiller
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangmonkey View Post
Your answer is invalid considering the revenue stability spans times in which tax rates were very high.

BTW: government job retirement, wages and benefits are becoming the envy of the private sector because they are unaffordable and unsustainable for actual, accountable businesses.

That's because the burden has been shifted more to the middle class as the upper classes have received more tax breaks. Had the shifting not been performed and the upper class tax brackets increased, revenues would have gone up.

I do not disagree about government pay levels. However, government pay is a fraction of the total government budget.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:00 PM LegendKiller is offline  
Reply With Quote
#102  

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!
 
Zangmonkey's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Eagle View Post
How so?

For one, government employment percentage has grown.


Quote:
They're envied because the government can't as easily screw over millions of people collectively as the private sector has and continues to do.
Government has the uncanny ability to finance their employees' pensions, holidays, etc with money they don't have or that they intend to tax from private sector industry.
__________________
09 F9
Old 11-19-2010, 09:21 AM Zangmonkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
#103  

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!
 
Zangmonkey's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKiller View Post
That's because the burden has been shifted more to the middle class as the upper classes have received more tax breaks. Had the shifting not been performed and the upper class tax brackets increased, revenues would have gone up.

That's speculation at best. The burden on the middle class has grown because the categorical "middle class" is broader, their income levels have met lower-creeping tax brackets and because the middle class is poorly represented in government (but this is the nature of democracy).

Quote:
I do not disagree about government pay levels. However, government pay is a fraction of the total government budget.
Of course you are correct. But the shifting paradigm itself is a problem. Incentives for entrepreneurship are decreasing and small businesses face a more uncertain risk for their growth.
This isn't confined to business though either. For example, two ideas being floated are eliminating mortgage deductions and/or charitable giving deductions.... so soon after government encouraged home purchases with short-term financial incentives and more and more people are relying on charitable giving (which is often much more effective than government efforts)?
__________________
09 F9
Old 11-19-2010, 09:30 AM Zangmonkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
#104  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangmonkey View Post
(which is often much more effective than government efforts)?
__________________?

always
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 11-19-2010, 04:30 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#105  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:49 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.