General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Golf(e)
 
Golf(e)'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidfast7 View Post
it's Sat at 1 in the morning and I'm doing experiments ... I let the students leave a few hours ago. my lab is full for the next 18-24 months but no space for the rice experiment
So get to it at your leisure mate
__________________
And motion soared in every direction, causing a tidal wave of thought to crash dumbly through walls, and made passageways where previously was occupied by the stillness of mathematics in its purest manifestation of white reflection on white backdrop
Old 05-28-2011, 03:59 PM Golf(e) is offline  
Reply With Quote
#91  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidfast7 View Post
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...1/?tool=pubmed

the article is free (everyone can read it) and addresses both the fiber development and the psychological aspects.

it's actually quite interesting

I don't actually have an opinion on Morgellon's, but that first site you linked to was obviously conspiracy theory garbage.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:19 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#92  

tegandje
LOOK AT ME, IM A FUCKIN HIPSTER
 
tegandje's Avatar
 
__________________
b35b36db324a18b072d431f4fbb833d1 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:21 PM tegandje is offline  
Reply With Quote
#93  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
I don't actually have an opinion on Morgellon's, but that first site you linked to was obviously conspiracy theory garbage.

Just how much Charmin are you squeezing?

Mogellons claims that the fibers are unbreakable but not able to be seen by non believers I know this is similar to the AGW Wamists beliefes but fucking come on. Any disease that is cured by anti psychotics is not a disease its a mental problem.

By the way you forgot to explain how the Cooling of the atmosphere due to the grand minimum heated the atmosphere. And what relatinoship of the increase of CO2 in the atmosphere with the global cooling means.

Yeah, you and ry goody are from the same school of IT IS BECAUSE I BELIEVE IT IS
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323

Last edited by TheMorlock; 05-28-2011 at 07:46 PM..
Old 05-28-2011, 07:26 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#94  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Just how much Charmin are you squeezing?

Mogellons claims that the fibers are unbreakable but not able to be seen by non believers I know this is similar to the AGW Wamists beliefes but fucking come on. Any disease that is cured by anti psychotics is not a disease its a mental problem.

I don't care enough about Morgellons to have an opinion. Stop trolling you dolt.

Quote:
By the way you forgot to explain how the Cooling of the atmosphere due to the grand minimum heated the atmosphere. And what relatinoship of the increase of CO2 in the atmosphere with the global cooling means.
By your terrible grammar and spelling here, you're probably drunk. Sober up and keep shit in the correct thread.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:25 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#95  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
I don't care enough about Morgellons to have an opinion. Stop trolling you dolt.


By your terrible grammar and spelling here, you're probably drunk. Sober up and keep shit in the correct thread.

No, my terrible grammar and spelling is because I could read 1400 words a minute at age 6 but did not have anyone around who knew how to pronounce them. My spelling and grammar is the same to you as you are to your dog.


The same arguments and the same dismissive garbage that ry goody dio and acidfast have used in this thread is the same shit that you and your charmin PHD have used for AGW.


On the other hand techniques that I emailed to sandia fusion labs in 1990 have been used to improve knowledge in containment fusion. The did not do it right, I should email them again I am a high school dropout. You are a charmin PHD. You may want to watch Good Will Hunting and then shut the fuck up No one is holding their breath waithing for you to come up with anything of improtance. Just ask whoever you are doing donkey work for.

I really feel sorry for people like you that think they have some gift and cant think their way out of a paper bag.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 05-28-2011, 09:20 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#96  

acidfast7
 
acidfast7's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
I don't actually have an opinion on Morgellon's, but that first site you linked to was obviously conspiracy theory garbage.

sorry, it was the first picture of the fibers that came up in german google (ze Geramns )
__________________
I always post that shitty animated .gif of a boulder tumbling down a hill.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:00 AM acidfast7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#97  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
No, my terrible grammar and spelling is because I could read 1400 words a minute at age 6 but did not have anyone around who knew how to pronounce them. My spelling and grammar is the same to you as you are to your dog.


The same arguments and the same dismissive garbage that ry goody dio and acidfast have used in this thread is the same shit that you and your charmin PHD have used for AGW.


On the other hand techniques that I emailed to sandia fusion labs in 1990 have been used to improve knowledge in containment fusion. The did not do it right, I should email them again I am a high school dropout. You are a charmin PHD. You may want to watch Good Will Hunting and then shut the fuck up No one is holding their breath waithing for you to come up with anything of improtance. Just ask whoever you are doing donkey work for.

I really feel sorry for people like you that think they have some gift and cant think their way out of a paper bag.



You really are a pathetic old kook.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:29 AM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#98  

Golf(e)
 
Golf(e)'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
No, my terrible grammar and spelling is because I could read 1400 words a minute at age 6 but did not have anyone around who knew how to pronounce them. My spelling and grammar is the same to you as you are to your dog.


The same arguments and the same dismissive garbage that ry goody dio and acidfast have used in this thread is the same shit that you and your charmin PHD have used for AGW.


On the other hand techniques that I emailed to sandia fusion labs in 1990 have been used to improve knowledge in containment fusion. The did not do it right, I should email them again I am a high school dropout. You are a charmin PHD. You may want to watch Good Will Hunting and then shut the fuck up No one is holding their breath waithing for you to come up with anything of improtance. Just ask whoever you are doing donkey work for.

I really feel sorry for people like you that think they have some gift and cant think their way out of a paper bag.
__________________
And motion soared in every direction, causing a tidal wave of thought to crash dumbly through walls, and made passageways where previously was occupied by the stillness of mathematics in its purest manifestation of white reflection on white backdrop
Old 05-29-2011, 05:22 PM Golf(e) is offline  
Reply With Quote
#99  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
Masaru Emoto: another fraud, with no knowledge of proper experimental research.

Another fraud in the long line of frauds you love, you worship, you cherish.

You are pathetic.


Firstly I would like to say, I have been pay-banned twice and have not even been signed up for a week! This really must be some kind of record. I feel like Sanjay or someone should give me an hourly rate to make posts on here constantly just because I have the potential to bring in so much revenue.

Anyways.

To declare that Masaru Emoto is a fraud with no explanation or greater insight into him is really quite, stupid? Your an educated person in the least you should know that yourself! When is throwing out inquisitive thought process and understand in favor of surface judgements ever intelligent? Have you even looked at his research or what he has done personally? Further than that, have you attempted anything he explains? The Rice Experiment is specifically designed in such a way as to allow ANYONE to easily try it themselves. People who believe this are not just 'believing' it. They KNOW it because they have experimentally verified it themselves. Go look at youtube at the countless people have successfully done this experiment with the expected results. To simply think that "All of those people are not as intelligent as me" or "They are just trying to trick me" is really sort of odd. Suspecting everyone of having some underlying mal-intent is really not a good or healthy viewpoint to have in the world. The people who did this expiriment, with the expected results, their results are true.

People are proving to themselves that there thoughts and intentions can affect the physical world surrounding them.

I don't understand why this is so far out of the blue for you, and everyone else. We have many scientific contexts in which this possibility can come to rest with little friction at all. Namely the quantum observer, and any field of science which has demonstrated the human body emits varying frequencies of various energies or magnetisms. The notion that your body and mind are emitting something beyond the confines of your flesh is scientifically sound fact. The notion that this can actually alter something outside your body besides just scientific gauge of some sort? Well that isn't scientifically sound fact, but it is the next obvious step to explore in that direction. If our bodies are emitting something, how does that affect the world around us? This is in fact an intelligent, truly scientific, question to ask. This is not a step into metaphysics, this is not a step into mysticism, this is the next logical step based upon already solid sound science. If our bodies are emitting various frequencies, magnetisms, or what have you, what is that effecting around us besides just scientific instruments? Then the next obvious scientific question to ask is, how can we create an experiment to find out?

Well Emoto's attempt to do concoct such an experiment was obviously this rice experiment. And many people through this experiment have proven that yes, to some degree what the body emits in various ways can in some way impact the physical world around you. For people who found this experiment to evidence the underlaying hypothesis as truth, the next obvious step would be, replicate the experiment!

However that is where this gets tricky. This experiment has brought science to a very interesting point I think, and that being the real reason I make this thread. If peoples own intent and consciousness behind an experiment is one of the variables that controls it outcomes, then this means there is a whole wealth of experimental knowledge out there in which only certain types of people could do the experiment. Science itself is not prepared to experimentally deal with human consciousness itself as a variable component of experimental research. We currently have no means to replicate the exact conscious state of an experimental researcher in order to exactly replicate research. The scientific method has progressed us, advanced us and developed us to a point where it's own methodology is not able to clearly carry us into all areas that are worth exploring at this point in time. So what is there to do, sitting here at the very edge of what the current scientific paradigm has the mechanisms to deal with? I would take it that some people would say, if you cannot fit into our traditional, old-way, scientific paradigm you ignore it. I know many a people are content with remaining comfortable doing this like that. If it's outside what our current Christian paradigm can cover, don't go there. If it's outside what our current scientific paradigm can cover, don't go there. But I think any reasonably intelligent person would see, that sort of thinking is silly. Progress is not held within the comfy confines of everything we already know.

Human continuousness MAY be an variable component in the outcome of certain experiments. This is worth investigating. But how could it possibly be done if you cannot exactly replicate human consciousness in order to exactly replicate experiments. This is really the question I wanted to explore in this thread.

And this is an important question to be answered. How much does belief and the will to prove really effect outcomes in the physical world? We as a western society need to get a grip on the possible power that rests in human consciousness and intent. I mean the vast varying degrees in efficacy of cancer or other medical treatments, what if this variation is to some degree due to variation in peoples conscious predispositions?

With all that said, I would really be curious to see everyone in this thread do the rice experiment and post there results. I personally don't think the majority of you will get the expected results, but who knows.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:27 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#100  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee View Post
Take the rice experiment. Cook up a pot of rice. You fill the first jar and label it "love", you fill the second jar and label it "hate". However rice from the top of a pot has less moisture than that in the middle and bottom of the pot - hence the "hate" jar ends up with more moisture and is more susceptible to mold.

Plus, you sterilized the jars right? You probably sterilized them at the same time - therefore, the "hate" jar would have been exposed to the ambient environment longer than the "love" jar since you filled it second, allowing more airborne mold spores to settle on it.

And how much hate did you subject the hate jar too? If you left the love jar on a window ledge and left the hate jar in a dark cupboard to punish it, UV light from the sun could have a sterilization effect on the love jar. There's endless other things that can affect the experiment.

So if one jar lasts longer than the other jar before going moldy - is it because of the text written on the jar and/or because the jar is by some means sensitive to how you act towards it, is it because you never controlled the experiment properly as mentioned above?

Good experimental science involves making sure that your experimental setup is "bulletproof" - you've set it up to be completely isolated from the environment it's conducted in, or you fully understand the effects of the environment and you take that into account somehow. Only when that's done can you draw proper conclusions.

Additionally, know how to interpret your results. If the love jar gets moldy first, you could say that rice loves being hated. If the hate jar gets moldy first, you could say that rice loves, well, love. In both cases you could conclude that rice is sensitive to how you treat it - and that right there is how the predispositions of the observer can affect a measurement.

Please don't create another dupe and respond with a 5000 word paragraph.

This story of yours, I believe I saw it in some youtube video that wanted to perpetuate 'Rice Experiment Disproven'. It then claimed everyone who got positive results cooked up rice, put the first scoop in one jar, and then scooped from the same spot and always put the second scoop in the other jar, and always left the lids off for whatever amounts of time? This is just a 'story'. To assert that everyone who did this experiment did so in such an uncontrolled manner is really silly. I would not doubt that some people may have made such a mistake in their setup, but to assume everyone? Quite silly I think. There are videos out there of people showing how they put the rice into the containers, without mistakes, and getting the expected results.

But besides all that, this experiment is designed in such a way that YOU can do it yourself, how you deem 'proper'. However if you wish to go that route, please read my post up above to Vendetta, which was more a general message to everyone adressing the full scope of what exactly we are dealing with here. As doing this experiment is not just a simple prove or prove wrong. Because when doing this experiment, your very consciousness is a variable component in it. Anyone who intends to disprove this experiment I believe will disprove it just by their intent to do so. So before you even try the expiriment, do you really want to see? Do you really? Or do you just want 'verify' it, 'prove it wrong', because if so then you already have done so. I can tell you before you even begin, with that intent behind it, it will not work.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:39 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#101  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf(e) View Post
"the energetic state of the observer"

What does that mean? You're being vague and using buzz words that sound great but practically speaking mean nothing. I get it. You have a certain spiritual disposition, thats cool, and some cases of scientific application, i think, may be severely lacking in just that (provided it's quelled with logic at every turn). And in spite of your poor articulation and overall misinterpretation of these ideas, at base i can i see where youre coming from and encourage you to continue with your thought experiments (though you seem apt to fool yourself, but live and learn i suppose).

But see.. when you say shit like, "when dealing with something as delicate as the molding of rice, a slight energetic subltey in the observer could vary outcomes."

I mean.. no. Says who? Maybe. I really dont know what an "energetic subtlety" is, but it doesnt even matter because.. no. The molding of rice may be a more intricate process than the dropping of a ball, but the factors which determine each are equally set in stone, and I very much doubt the optimism or pessimism or neutrality of an observer has any influence on the outcome.

There may be some insight at least in the idea expressed in the title of this thread. Potentially novel experiments are maybe sometimes bogged down and hampered by the unrelenting demand for worth and proof. Of course if you conduct an experiment, reach a conclusion, yet for some reason have no way of proving said conclusion to anyone else.. well... that really means fuck all then, doesnt it? "You had to be there man" But, perhaps putting creativity, spirituality, even artistry, into research could, at least in some cases, prove beneficial, and lead to unexpected insight.

Or uh.. maybe not. starting to sound too much like the op, fuck it

I really do not operate on the paradigm of "My words are so buzzy, snazzy and complex people will just believe anything I say!" The use of the generalized term 'energy' or 'energetic state' is a very accepted terminology among groups who explore this because they are the most accurately descriptive terminologies. It is not intended to be all 'fancy and for show'. If YOU are seeing it as 'fancy and for show' this is YOU, and something to think about is, why is your mind highlighting these words as snazzy? I see these words as common vocabulary in my area.

Also do not confuse my 'extension' for 'misinterpretation', I know what I say in relation to various scientific theories are not things or relations which are covered in current mainstream scientific consensus. But this is not because of misinterpretation. This is because I am taking components of real experience of mine and trying to find the currently existing metaphors that our culture has thus far created which are most applicable to my experiences, or by attaching said metaphors to experiences, may offer deeper insight into the nature of said things.

And the short of everything else is, do the experiment yourself. It is designed in such a way that anyone can do it. But please read my post to Vendetta two posts up, as it is a more general message to everyone more clearly describing the nature of what is being dealt with. If consciousness is truly a variable component in this experiment then your intent to 'verify' or 'disprove' will, by it's very nature, disprove this experiment. You must really ask yourself, do you already know this is true? Will it be surprising if it works? If you expect to get any other feeling except 'affirmation of what you already knew', then it may not work.

I do not see why you doubt that human consciousness can have an effect on organic cells of some sort. Various things that your body emits (frequencies, vibrations, magnetisms, energies or other) could effect physical reality in some way, why is that notion so out of the blue for you? You know that the presence of your being to some degree extends beyond the surface of your flesh. Why is it such a stretch to assert it MIGHT be possible this is actually affecting something? Would it be easier for you to accept that believing in a medical treatment would make it work better? Would it be easier to accept that your conscious will could effect some other biological process internal to your body in some way?
Old 05-30-2011, 12:00 AM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#102  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Yeah and thunder and lightning are the sounds of angry gods and tidal waves are caused by angry gods and flies are generated by the mere presence of evil and filth. Etc etc. We discarded that shit thinking for a reason.

This has no relevance to anything I said.

Come now, atleast my other critics can atleast keep up with the subject at hand.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:15 AM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#103  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidfast7 View Post
Water memory actually works and is actively being studied. There are many thing that we don't understand, however, we don't have an assay for all of them.

In the end, I think there will be something to the whole water memory deal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_memory

What about 'air memory'?

Sometimes I feel high just by being in an area where a large amount of LSD was.

Homeopathy is an interesting subject of thought, and uniquely does apply to this thread because I think homeopathy is one of those things where it is either proven, or disproven, purely by a persons intent to do so. Homeopathic remedies I always thought of as being akin to shamanistic healing melodies, only the message is delivered through a physical medium. If you were to take a person as a generalized 'energy', and to be healed certain components of this energy needs to move a little more this direction or that in space. Well shamans create this movement of energy in a person and guide a person through those movements by songs and dancing, following sound frequency. Whereas a homeopath guides the subject through energetic rearrangements by exposing them, very faintly, to the various energies of that certain plants emit.

However, while I think that, and am clearly not foreign to this 'air' or 'water' memory concept. I still question homeopaths greatly. In the same way I question any commercial 'yogi' or 'reiki healer' or whatnot.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:27 AM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#104  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
On the other hand techniques that I emailed to sandia fusion labs in 1990 have been used to improve knowledge in containment fusion. The did not do it right, I should email them again I am a high school dropout. You are a charmin PHD. You may want to watch Good Will Hunting and then shut the fuck up No one is holding their breath waithing for you to come up with anything of improtance. Just ask whoever you are doing donkey work for.

I wish I had an email to some big important institution that accounted for some big important something so that PHD's would understand they are doing donkey work and need to watch good will hunting in order to understand its the high school dropouts that are really doing the important stuff.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:44 AM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#105  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:33 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.