General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
This has no relevance to anything I said.

Come now, atleast my other critics can atleast keep up with the subject at hand.

Yeah right

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf(e) View Post

SemperFly

Quote:
Sometimes I feel high just by being in an area where a large amount of LSD was.

youre a moron if you cant figure out the logical reason for this

sun_ofa_beach

I can levitate. I kid you not. But not in front of anybody, because the mere presence of others will affect my concentration. But just trust that I can, although it is unfalsifiable.

Now let's have an intelligent discussion about this ability of mine.

March 1st 07 - Dweeb transformed to Balladom <3

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you

I'm telekinetic, but i can't do it when someone else is in the room or on camera because it distracts me. Bow to me as your god, ry_goody.

Vendetta

Quote:
I wish I had an email to some big important institution that accounted for some big important something so that PHD's would understand they are doing donkey work and need to watch good will hunting in order to understand its the high school dropouts that are really doing the important stuff.

You don't, and you never will. Make my fries, please.

acidfast7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post

I do agree with him/her in some respects.

A lot of people with PhDs are very overrated (especially when titles really matter.)

Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidfast7 View Post
I do agree with him/her in some respects.

A lot of people with PhDs are very overrated (especially when titles really matter.)

Of course they are. That doesn't make the unbelievably stupid things that ry_goody says in his threads any more valid, however. Hexagon worship, for christs sake

acidfast7

Quote:
Of course they are. That doesn't make the unbelievably stupid things that ry_goody says in his threads any more valid, however. Hexagon worship, for christs sake

I never said that it did. I am just stating that the majority of PhDs are given out for completing tasks for low wages. Unfortunately, not for having any philosophical impact on a particular field.

dio

Quote:

I was being sarcastic. Seriously.

dio

Quote:
I'm telekinetic, but i can't do it when someone else is in the room or on camera because it distracts me. Bow to me as your god, ry_goody.

I know you understood what I said. Your not as stupid as you'd like to humor other people with.

Emoto and rice experiments aside. The current scientific method cannot account for human consciousness itself as a variable component in experimental research. Certain truths of our reality will only be able to undergo experimentation and be proven by secluded confined groups of people that share similar conscious predispositions, and such experiments will not be able to be replicated in any other way unless the exact conscious predisposition can be replicated.

Last edited by dio; 05-30-2011 at 12:41 PM..

dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_ofa_beach View Post
I can levitate. I kid you not. But not in front of anybody, because the mere presence of others will affect my concentration. But just trust that I can, although it is unfalsifiable.

Now let's have an intelligent discussion about this ability of mine.

Anyone who wants to use the rice experiment to affirm what they already know as true can do so. This is not about just watching someone else.

gee
MY TITLE ISNT LONG ENOUGH

Quote:
This story of yours, I believe I saw it in some youtube video that wanted to perpetuate 'Rice Experiment Disproven'. It then claimed everyone who got positive results cooked up rice, put the first scoop in one jar, and then scooped from the same spot and always put the second scoop in the other jar, and always left the lids off for whatever amounts of time? This is just a 'story'. To assert that everyone who did this experiment did so in such an uncontrolled manner is really silly. I would not doubt that some people may have made such a mistake in their setup, but to assume everyone? Quite silly I think. There are videos out there of people showing how they put the rice into the containers, without mistakes, and getting the expected results.

But besides all that, this experiment is designed in such a way that YOU can do it yourself, how you deem 'proper'. However if you wish to go that route, please read my post up above to Vendetta, which was more a general message to everyone adressing the full scope of what exactly we are dealing with here. As doing this experiment is not just a simple prove or prove wrong. Because when doing this experiment, your very consciousness is a variable component in it. Anyone who intends to disprove this experiment I believe will disprove it just by their intent to do so. So before you even try the expiriment, do you really want to see? Do you really? Or do you just want 'verify' it, 'prove it wrong', because if so then you already have done so. I can tell you before you even begin, with that intent behind it, it will not work.
I'm not attempting to disprove anything.

I'm just saying that if you're conducting an experiment, be fully aware of any potential influences on it (like the few that I mentioned) and take those into account when you're doing your work. If you don't, you could end up with error in your results, and come to incorrect conclusions as a result.

Gibonius

The rice experiment is a neat trial of unconscious bias. You want a certain result, and happen to get it when you don't rigorously control for experimental error. As your controls get more and more rigorous (the "energy to prove"), the results stop occurring. Morons will interpret this as somehow having to do with your personal energy, rather than simply removing the unconscious biases that created the result in the first place.

Vendetta

Quote:
Emoto and rice experiments aside. The current scientific method cannot account for human consciousness itself as a variable component in experimental research. Certain truths of our reality will only be able to undergo experimentation and be proven by secluded confined groups of people that share similar conscious predispositions, and such experiments will not be able to be replicated in any other way unless the exact conscious predisposition can be replicated.

Human consciousness is not a "variable component in experimental research", aside from cognitive biases that Gibby has alluded to above.