General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Shake View Post
Are you really that much of an idiot or was that a joke post?

I guess it wasn't a good a joke as the TSA
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 11-30-2010, 11:07 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#16  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Master_Shake
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiIroy View Post
That's a terrible justification for it, it's a dangerous slippery slope all in the name of "security." If it weren't so terribly stupid it would be laughable, every attempted terrorist attack of late hasn't been stopped or even impeded by the TSA, who then crank out reactionary policies that accomplish nothing. It's like a real life version of Captain Hindsight.

As for the second part about badmouthing the TSA, I think it's perfectly justifiable to point out flaws at every level. Most of the serious abuse allegations we've heard about were not in any way sanctioned by TSA leadership or in accordance with TSA policy, they were carried out at the lowest level by dangerously unqualified people.

Using your logic we should probably do away with local police. They rarely catch anyone in the act, and the majority the work they do is after the fact.

As for any abuse allegations, we are only hearing one side of that story. People check their brains and common sense with their luggage. You don't have to work at the airport to see what kind of douche people turn into there.

Bottom line is that very few people have any fucking clue what really goes on "behind the scenes" at an airport on any level, let alone security.
__________________
not enough content to lurk
Old 11-30-2010, 08:44 PM Master_Shake is offline  
Reply With Quote
#17  

lonedawg
Stiler
 
lonedawg's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Shake View Post
Using your logic we should probably do away with local police. They rarely catch anyone in the act, and the majority the work they do is after the fact.

As for any abuse allegations, we are only hearing one side of that story. People check their brains and common sense with their luggage. You don't have to work at the airport to see what kind of douche people turn into there.

Bottom line is that very few people have any fucking clue what really goes on "behind the scenes" at an airport on any level, let alone security.

By your logic then, we should completely compile everyone into a suspect list and never let someone step foot into a public place without first seeing them fully naked and having a someone carefully inspect every inch and crevice of their body.

There is a line between a free society and a police state, this kind of thing being done just nudges us more and more toward such things.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:02 AM lonedawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
#18  

Master_Shake
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiler View Post
By your logic then, we should completely compile everyone into a suspect list and never let someone step foot into a public place without first seeing them fully naked and having a someone carefully inspect every inch and crevice of their body.

There is a line between a free society and a police state, this kind of thing being done just nudges us more and more toward such things.


Since when is flying a right?
The evil troglodyte tsa screeners are not doing this to you in your house, you sign up for it when you buy your airline ticket.

Bottom line I hate the tsa more then any of you, not only did I work there but my wife still does.

All the illegal, immoral, unethical things they do to the public are nothing compared to what they do to their own employees, the grunts, the screeners.

Also I am not going near that body scanner, the L3 and ctx machines are dangerous enough. So if I am gonna fly, they gonna have to do the old fashioned way and feel my balls.

And if you honestly think the guy there at the checkpoint wants to feel your balls, or pop some grumpy old douches pee bag then you have serious issues.
__________________
not enough content to lurk
Old 12-01-2010, 01:26 AM Master_Shake is offline  
Reply With Quote
#19  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
no, you sign up to take a flight. Flying is the only reasonable method to get to distant places in a quick time frame. Being required to submit to search and seizure when you have not committed a crime is pretty much against the constitution.

Bottom line is you are a fucking moron.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 12-01-2010, 01:43 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#20  

Master_Shake
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
no, you sign up to take a flight. Flying is the only reasonable method to get to distant places in a quick time frame. Being required to submit to search and seizure when you have not committed a crime is pretty much against the constitution.

Bottom line is you are a fucking moron.

They have been using x-rays at the airport for years, illegally searching your carry on luggage, long before the evil tsa came along.

Aren't those the same fucking rights you just cried about?

I guess we shouldn't screen anyone, at all, ever.
Just let everyone on the plane with whatever they want.
You get on that plane, I'll get on the flight that screened everyone.
__________________
not enough content to lurk
Old 12-01-2010, 02:00 AM Master_Shake is offline  
Reply With Quote
#21  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
God I everyone the plane.



Primus: Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. BF


Secundus: What part of Anyone with two brain cells that wants to get on a plane with lethal items can did you not understand?

Tertius: We seem to have already established you have shit for brains. I see you agree and are going with your strength.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323

Last edited by TheMorlock; 12-01-2010 at 02:08 AM..
Old 12-01-2010, 02:01 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#22  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Shake View Post
Since when is flying a right?
freedom of travel and movement is a right. privileges and immunities clause, nigga.
Quote:
The evil troglodyte tsa screeners are not doing this to you in your house, you sign up for it when you buy your airline ticket.

Bottom line I hate the tsa more then any of you, not only did I work there but my wife still does.
more proof that the tsa hires barely functional monkeys

newsflash: neither you nor your wife nor anyone you worked with at the TSA has ever done anything to make air travel safer. any that makes it past the enormity of our intelligence community is not going to stopped by you. nothing you can stop at the airport is enough to take down an airplane


HOLY SHIT I NEED FIVE OUNCES OF THIS LIQUID TO MAKE A BOMB HOW CAN I POSSIBLY

oh wait, i'll just take two three ounce bottles. durf.
Quote:

All the illegal, immoral, unethical things they do to the public are nothing compared to what they do to their own employees, the grunts, the screeners.

Also I am not going near that body scanner, the L3 and ctx machines are dangerous enough. So if I am gonna fly, they gonna have to do the old fashioned way and feel my balls.

And if you honestly think the guy there at the checkpoint wants to feel your balls, or pop some grumpy old douches pee bag then you have serious issues.
no one thinks they want to but feeling balls isn't making anyone safe.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:28 AM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#23  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Shake View Post
They have been using x-rays at the airport for years, illegally searching your carry on luggage, long before the evil tsa came along.

Aren't those the same fucking rights you just cried about?

I guess we shouldn't screen anyone, at all, ever.
Just let everyone on the plane with whatever they want.
You get on that plane, I'll get on the flight that screened everyone.

because until the TSA came along security was handled by the airlines and the airports. it wasn't until the TSA that it became a violation of constitutional rights by the federal government

private companies have every authority to require one to submit to a search before entering their property.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:30 AM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#24  

Runding
 
Runding's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post

HOLY SHIT I NEED FIVE OUNCES OF THIS LIQUID TO MAKE A BOMB HOW CAN I POSSIBLY

oh wait, i'll just take two three ounce bottles. durf.
no one thinks they want to but feeling balls isn't making anyone safe.

QFT

If only our retarded government would read this
__________________
aa1ce3c1c9744c586fa4d28e62ff485b
Old 12-01-2010, 08:36 AM Runding is offline  
Reply With Quote
#25  

Millions
Genmay Art Gawd
 
Millions's Avatar
 
It feels like they could take all the money they're spending on this crap and put it towards hiring some air marshals. I will pay extra for my plane ticket to have a trained escort along for the ride...I have to imagine that would protect people more than any ridiculously invasive search.
__________________
Hey Charlie Murphy! Arrrgh! You darkness, you black, midnight, evil mother------, black magic, darkness, you raw...darkness, you, -------, delirious mother-------, argh! You were cold as ice! ---- your couch! I'm Rick James, bitch!
Old 12-01-2010, 08:51 AM Millions is offline  
Reply With Quote
#26  

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!
 
Zangmonkey's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
no, you sign up to take a flight. Flying is the only reasonable method to get to distant places in a quick time frame.
Uncle Sam says this also, which is why the airlines have received tax-funded bailouts and continue to receive subsidies.



Quote:
Being required to submit to search and seizure when you have not committed a crime is pretty much against the constitution.

Bottom line is you are a fucking moron.

We sure do pay a good chuck of change for them to harass us...
__________________
09 F9
Old 12-01-2010, 09:00 AM Zangmonkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
#27  

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!
 
Zangmonkey's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runding View Post
QFT

If only our retarded government would read this

In the link in the OP, Bruce Scheir brings a large bottle labeled "Saline Solution" without any problems because you're allowed to bring it.


As we all know, it is a federal crime to misuse products of place anything other than the product in the labeled bottle. This is our safety net.
__________________
09 F9
Old 12-01-2010, 09:03 AM Zangmonkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
#28  

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!
 
Zangmonkey's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millions View Post
It feels like they could take all the money they're spending on this crap and put it towards hiring some air marshals. I will pay extra for my plane ticket to have a trained escort along for the ride...I have to imagine that would protect people more than any ridiculously invasive search.

Guess what.... you're already paying for that.
There already are air marshals on many flights.
__________________
09 F9
Old 12-01-2010, 09:04 AM Zangmonkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
#29  

KiIroy
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Shake View Post
Using your logic we should probably do away with local police. They rarely catch anyone in the act, and the majority the work they do is after the fact.

There you go again with that completely fallible logic, what you're doing is called a "Straw Man Argument," and it is a logical fallacy. The police not only apprehend a great deal of criminals, but their presence is a strong deterrent. The TSA has not apprehended a single terrorist (that I am aware of, if you know of any then I would love to hear about it) nor have they deterred any attempts. The previously mentioned door locks on the cockpit and the attitude shift of the passengers from docile hostages to potentially belligerent victims have done more to throw off terrorist plans than anything else.

Quote:
As for any abuse allegations, we are only hearing one side of that story. People check their brains and common sense with their luggage. You don't have to work at the airport to see what kind of douche people turn into there.
We have heard the other side of the story. It usually involves the TSA making a statement about how the alleged abuses were not in accordance with TSA policy.

Quote:
Bottom line is that very few people have any fucking clue what really goes on "behind the scenes" at an airport on any level, let alone security.
We aren't complaining about what we don't know, we're complaining about the rampant abuse of power and the clear infringement of our constitutional rights by a government authority that is happening in plain view of the public every single day.

I'm all for airport security, threats to our freedom to travel anywhere in our own country are incredibly serious not just on the personal level of having to fear one's fiery death in the sky but also on the larger scope of being held prisoners within our sovereign borders; but we are going about it in a very wrong way. The Israelis have it figured out, and we would do well to follow their example.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:23 PM KiIroy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#30  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:12 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.