General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

mohavewolfpup
I masturbated a guy to death with my own hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
TSA searches my laptop on every flight I take, whether international (legal search - though I still disagree) or domestic (illegal search).

The last flight I took, I had my laptop powered off. When I got my bags, my laptop was in a suspended state. WTF TSA STOP ILLEGALLY SEARCHING MY POSSESSIONS. How the FUCK do they get away with this?

The keyword here is "because" they are government, so they will do whatever they want.

Why do you take my rights? because

Why do you tax me to death and shut down public services still? because

I want you to show me in plain english the law you are charging me with, and any variants of it. Umm, I can't do that, because! I'm teh government!

I would be highly suspicious of the TSA and a laptop. I like collecting music, and would probably fly with a hard drive full of it. so do they copy it, and then pass it along to the RIAA that I "pirated" music?

or, do they ignore that, but copy the rest off. Suppose I forgot about a turbotax return on my laptop, and they snag it. Those generally have social insecurity numbers in them. Now my identity is stolen by the government stooge?

Strap in folks, this is getting very ugly. I personally will never fly again, I will drive everywhere I need to go now. It's sad, as I really love aviation/flying, but unless it's a very extreme circumstance, I refuse to fly ever again.

I would never imagine that when I last flew (5 years ago) that would be the end of it. Now I feel "old". "hey, remember when flying first used to be metal detectors only, then having to take your shoes off and still go through the metal detector?" "those were the days?"

I still hated that then, but it was (slightly, still very though) invasive. Even then, I felt like a terrorist because I wanted photos of the plane coming into the jetway, stuff like that. Your general vacation shots. I was always wondering if I would get tackled from behind or tapped on the shoulder "come with me, no photos of the flight line!"

Way to go government. I feel very secure now that my right to travel has been denied and given a 4 hour wait time while you and your cronies who pass this crap breeze right through any checkpoint...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Mooninites

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohavewolfpup View Post
The keyword here is "because" they are government, so they will do whatever they want.

I want you to show me in plain english the law you are charging me with, and any variants of it. Umm, I can't do that, because! I'm teh government!

I would be highly suspicious of the TSA and a laptop. I like collecting music, and would probably fly with a hard drive full of it. so do they copy it, and then pass it along to the RIAA that I "pirated" music?

or, do they ignore that, but copy the rest off. Suppose I forgot about a turbotax return on my laptop, and they snag it. Those generally have social insecurity numbers in them. Now my identity is stolen by the government stooge?

Strap in folks, this is getting very ugly. I personally will never fly again, I will drive everywhere I need to go now. It's sad, as I really love aviation/flying, but unless it's a very extreme circumstance, I refuse to fly ever again.

I would never imagine that when I last flew (5 years ago) that would be the end of it. Now I feel "old". "hey, remember when flying first used to be metal detectors only, then having to take your shoes off and still go through the metal detector?" "those were the days?"

I still hated that then, but it was (slightly, still very though) invasive. Even then, I felt like a terrorist because I wanted photos of the plane coming into the jetway, stuff like that. Your general vacation shots. I was always wondering if I would get tackled from behind or tapped on the shoulder "come with me, no photos of the flight line!"

Way to go government. I feel very secure now that my right to travel has been denied and given a 4 hour wait time while you and your cronies who pass this crap breeze right through any checkpoint...
Yeah you show them TSA cronies! Your boycott of flight will certainly teach them. Oh wait..

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohavewolfpup View Post

I hear that you can put a login password on your computer, and then people can't log in and copy your stuffs.

Another bitter stupid mojavewolffag post woooooo

Runding

http://gizmodo.com/5714865/the-tsa-l...yline=true&s=i

A 70% failure rate?! Awesome. Great job, TSA!

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runding View Post
http://gizmodo.com/5714865/the-tsa-l...yline=true&s=i

A 70% failure rate?! Awesome. Great job, TSA!

You just told the terrists that they can get a gun on board 70% of the time. Please climb into the black van for processing.

KiIroy

AnasSplenium

Surely someone in this thread has to realize your 4th amendment rights do not apply normally in an airport? Are you honestly surprised by the number and extent of searches?

Runding

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnasSplenium View Post
Surely someone in this thread has to realize your 4th amendment rights do not apply normally in an airport? Are you honestly surprised by the number and extent of searches?

A government agency has no right to outright ignore an amendment to the constitution unless one's rights have been taken away due to criminal violations, etc. Travelling certainly doesn't automatically make you a second class citizen, does it?

Here's a good read:

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index....e-another-look

Edit: The U.S. vs David ruling by the 9th Circuit Court needs to be overturned to actually change the TSA's procedures.

As a side note, I'm pretty sure people wouldn't be this pissed off if the TSA actually correctly performed it's main functions.

KiIroy

Quote:
As a side note, I'm pretty sure people wouldn't be this pissed off if the TSA actually correctly performed it's main functions.

TSRH

SemperFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiIroy View Post

this

why is it that I get asked to show a driver's license instead of my mil id? that fat bitch with the sharper image flashlight can go fuck herself

AnasSplenium

Quote:
A government agency has no right to outright ignore an amendment to the constitution unless one's rights have been taken away due to criminal violations, etc. Travelling certainly doesn't automatically make you a second class citizen, does it?

Here's a good read:

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index....e-another-look

Edit: The U.S. vs David ruling by the 9th Circuit Court needs to be overturned to actually change the TSA's procedures.

So... You're saying that the 4th amendment can't be ignored in an airport, and citing a case that says the opposite. Thanks for proving my point...?

Runding

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnasSplenium View Post
So... You're saying that the 4th amendment can't be ignored in an airport, and citing a case that says the opposite. Thanks for proving my point...?

It shouldn't be ignored in an airport.

AnasSplenium

Quote:
It shouldn't be ignored in an airport.

There's the magic word. The courts decide what your rights are. There's no point in even reading the constitution anymore, you may as well skip straight to case law to find out what the language "really" means.

handlebar

violations of privacy arent cool

AbortTheFetus

I've been to two Muslim countries(moderate ones) dating back since 2008. After my second trip last year, all of a sudden it seems like I'm getting pulled for the machines(where most people just go through the standard metal detector, probably 3 times out of every 4).

On a recent flight out of O'hare I saw the unthinkable; an attractive female TSA screener(the equivalent of finding a unicorn at the end of a double rainbow). Sure enough I get "randomly selected" for additional screening after opting to let a pregnant mother who's also holding a baby go through the metal detector ahead of me. Sure enough, the "male assist" is nowhere to be found. I tell the guy, "look I'm just trying to catch a flight here, I don't care who does the screening, it can be a female"

Screener:...... no
me(internally): FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU