General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
The left and right both have plenty of hypocrisy...the difference is the left truly believes they are justified no matter what.

__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 12-21-2010, 03:30 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#16  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

imzjustplayin
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Yes, terrible hypocrisy that someone should believe that the government should provide non-profit health care for its citizens and at the same time believe the government shouldn't lie to its citizens about foreign policy.

And the only vaccine that maher doesn't trust is the flu vaccine which I'm pretty sure is not made or mandated by the government.
You would be wrong... Or at the very least, the government is paying for the vaccines. Didn't you see all those damned H1N1 commercials that were CLEARLY run by the government? Then later on they finally had to dispose of the inventory of H1N1 because noone needed to be vaccinated, yet they continued to run the commercials so the government could attempt to get its money back on the remaining, unexpired inventory? (not like it cares either way)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Also, I'm pretty sure no one in all of history has ever wished for a health care system run like the post office. and lol at the people who still buy the line about single payer being a way for the government to control you. feebs.
And you would be wrong. If you watched realtime with bill maher on HBO, that's exactly what he and his guests have advocated, both single payer to "save money" and "efficiently like the post office" as if both things aren't fucked up as it is. Medicare and medicaid is fucked and they think they can just add on to these programs like as if they're not ready to implode?
__________________
The answer to 1984 is 1776.
Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmicist.
Is hindsight 20/20 for someone who is legally blind?
Old 12-21-2010, 07:57 AM imzjustplayin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#17  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by imzjustplayin View Post
You would be wrong... Or at the very least, the government is paying for the vaccines.
:facepam:

so first you say that he's wrong...then you immediately backpedal and clearly demonstrate that you have no idea whether or not he's wrong
Quote:
Didn't you see all those damned H1N1 commercials that were CLEARLY run by the government? Then later on they finally had to dispose of the inventory of H1N1 because noone needed to be vaccinated, yet they continued to run the commercials so the government could attempt to get its money back on the remaining, unexpired inventory? (not like it cares either way)
you really think that's what happened?
Quote:

And you would be wrong. If you watched realtime with bill maher on HBO, that's exactly what he and his guests have advocated, both single payer to "save money" and "efficiently like the post office" as if both things aren't fucked up as it is. Medicare and medicaid is fucked and they think they can just add on to these programs like as if they're not ready to implode?
proof that anyone on that show has ever suggested "efficiently like the post office"?
Old 12-21-2010, 08:06 AM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#18  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by imzjustplayin View Post
You would be wrong... Or at the very least, the government is paying for the vaccines. Didn't you see all those damned H1N1 commercials that were CLEARLY run by the government?
Paying for the vaccines is not making them or making you get one. Also H1N1 was a pandemic.

Quote:
Then later on they finally had to dispose of the inventory of H1N1 because noone needed to be vaccinated, yet they continued to run the commercials so the government could attempt to get its money back on the remaining, unexpired inventory? (not like it cares either way)
The government gives the vaccine away for free to health providers. They aren't profiting on vaccines. Do you pull this stuff out of your own ass or do you get this shit from some talk show host?

http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/vaccinati..._financing.htm

Quote:
And you would be wrong. If you watched realtime with bill maher on HBO, that's exactly what he and his guests have advocated, both single payer to "save money" and "efficiently like the post office" as if both things aren't fucked up as it is. Medicare and medicaid is fucked and they think they can just add on to these programs like as if they're not ready to implode?
I have seen every episode of real time. single payer is cheaper than what we have. That's why we pay more than every other nation on earth for our health care. Most modern nations only spend about 10% of GDP providing universal single payer health care. We spend 17%, don't cover everyone and we are rapidly headed toward 20%+.

Medicare and medicade are just fine. The biggest problem with medicare is medicare part D and the lack of negotiation for drug prices. Changing that one thing would reduce the cost of medicare part D by almost two thirds. The second biggest problem with medicare and medicade is that you have to be poor or old to use them. Poor and old people are the most expensive to serve. If we had healthy young people enrolled in medicare too then the costs would be spread wider resulting in savings for everyone.

we spend more on health care in a year than the entire EU does. The EU is made up of 27 nations with about 500million people. That makes the EU nearly twice as big as the US and yet the US spends a trillion more dollars to provide health care to 200 million fewer people each year. If you throw in the 50 million uninsured americans then we spend a trillion extra dollars serving half as many people.

There's a reason the rest of the world is not rushing to adopt our health care system.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 12-21-2010, 08:21 AM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#19  

imzjustplayin
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Paying for the vaccines is not making them or making you get one. Also H1N1 was a pandemic.
H1N1 was a pandemic but yet I saw commercials for it long, LOOOONG after the "wave" had dissipated.

[QUOTE=pyramid;24614097]
The government gives the vaccine away for free to health providers. They aren't profiting on vaccines. Do you pull this stuff out of your own ass or do you get this shit from some talk show host?

http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/vaccinati..._financing.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
I have seen every episode of real time. single payer is cheaper than what we have. That's why we pay more than every other nation on earth for our health care. Most modern nations only spend about 10% of GDP providing universal single payer health care. We spend 17%, don't cover everyone and we are rapidly headed toward 20%+.

Medicare and medicade are just fine. The biggest problem with medicare is medicare part D and the lack of negotiation for drug prices. Changing that one thing would reduce the cost of medicare part D by almost two thirds. The second biggest problem with medicare and medicade is that you have to be poor or old to use them. Poor and old people are the most expensive to serve. If we had healthy young people enrolled in medicare too then the costs would be spread wider resulting in savings for everyone.

we spend more on health care in a year than the entire EU does. The EU is made up of 27 nations with about 500million people. That makes the EU nearly twice as big as the US and yet the US spends a trillion more dollars to provide health care to 200 million fewer people each year. If you throw in the 50 million uninsured americans then we spend a trillion extra dollars serving half as many people.

There's a reason the rest of the world is not rushing to adopt our health care system.
When the U.S has to subsidize the world's medical advances, it's no surprise that other countries have cheaper healthcare than we do. Pretty much have a gun to our heads saying that if we don't give them shit on the cheap, we'll just copy it from you regardless. Fucking idiots like Michael Moore get all pissy that some antibiotic is $0.01 in Cuba yet refused to acknowledge that the reason it's cheap there and expensive here is because U.S citizens are subsidizing the world's medical advancements, to the detriment of ourselves. Also if the socialized nations in europe were doing so well, why is there public uprising in the streets because of cutbacks? let me guess, "evil" AMERICAN corporations at fault once again! Yeah, damn capitalism!
__________________
The answer to 1984 is 1776.
Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmicist.
Is hindsight 20/20 for someone who is legally blind?
Old 12-21-2010, 10:53 AM imzjustplayin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#20  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 


Yeah, the rest of the world isn't interested in our corporate profits, they are interested in saving lives. And before you go on some rant about how the rest of the world is stealing from our poor unfortunate but highly profitable drug companies you should realize that our government spends more on basic research than the private companies do and the private companies spend more on advertising than they do on research and creating new drugs. And the new drugs they do focus on making are just new patentable versions of their old drugs so they can maintain profits, not cure diseases.

Why are people europe rioting? Because they like socialism. They aren't afraid of a word they don't even know the meaning of like americans are. They like having universal health care and affordable education. They don't staple tea bags to their heads and protest about having to pay for the government services they use or about how unfairly billionaires are taxed.

You want to see europeans riot? Tell them they are getting our health care system.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 12-25-2010, 08:03 AM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#21  

imzjustplayin
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Why are people europe rioting? Because they like socialism. They aren't afraid of a word they don't even know the meaning of like americans are. They like having universal health care and affordable education. They don't staple tea bags to their heads and protest about having to pay for the government services they use or about how unfairly billionaires are taxed.

You want to see europeans riot? Tell them they are getting our health care system.
Duh they like socialism...because they have no class, they've grown into a culture of freeloaders. Obviously the concept of socialism is pretty sweet but there is a reason why it's crap, it's because it's unsustainable and it rewards the wrong kind of behavior which is what perpetuates it being unsustainable. I would hope that those in this country don't like socialism because of the kind of mentality it breeds in people to where they're no longer accountable to themselves and instead blames everything else on everyone else. It's not that I don't like the idea of living free at my parents house, or any house for that matter, I just have some dignity and pride in myself and would like to make my own way and enjoy the fruits of my labor. It's possible Americans don't like it not because it's pretty awesome to get free shit without doing a damned thing, but because of the whole socialism's very anti-religious background it has. That's the problem with entitlement programs, once people get comfy, unless you fucking kick them to the curb and make them eat shit, they won't move, even if it kills them.

Look at all the fucking people in convalescent homes or retirement communities, just waiting to die. You make them semi-comfortable and now they have no will to make better of themselves, and instead are on a steady decline. Now apply that mentality to all of society and it's not surprise that society would crumble. So when it starts to crumble, the govt. steps in to make sure the game still continues but to everyone's detriment.. Then finally you have your end result, a communist dictatorship which resembles nothing like the fantasy land that was portrayed to be.
__________________
The answer to 1984 is 1776.
Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmicist.
Is hindsight 20/20 for someone who is legally blind?
Old 12-25-2010, 12:15 PM imzjustplayin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#22  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post


Yeah, the rest of the world isn't interested in our corporate profits, they are interested in saving lives. And before you go on some rant about how the rest of the world is stealing from our poor unfortunate but highly profitable drug companies you should realize that our government spends more on basic research than the private companies do and the private companies spend more on advertising than they do on research and creating new drugs. And the new drugs they do focus on making are just new patentable versions of their old drugs so they can maintain profits, not cure diseases.

Why are people europe rioting? Because they like socialism. They aren't afraid of a word they don't even know the meaning of like americans are. They like having universal health care and affordable education. They don't staple tea bags to their heads and protest about having to pay for the government services they use or about how unfairly billionaires are taxed.

You want to see europeans riot? Tell them they are getting our health care system.


They are rioting because their socialist programs have dug a hole they dont want to climb out of and it's filling fast with sewage. When reality bites you in the ass it's a painful wakeup call. So they kick and scream and throw the alarm clock.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 12-26-2010, 03:06 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#23  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by imzjustplayin View Post
Look at all the fucking people in convalescent homes or retirement communities, just waiting to die. You make them semi-comfortable and now they have no will to make better of themselves, and instead are on a steady decline. Now apply that mentality to all of society and it's not surprise that society would crumble. So when it starts to crumble, the govt. steps in to make sure the game still continues but to everyone's detriment.. Then finally you have your end result, a communist dictatorship which resembles nothing like the fantasy land that was portrayed to be.



those fucking lazy old sick people should just heal themselves, take 40 years off their age and get back to fucking work at all those jobs that don't exist.

You guys are hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
They are rioting because their socialist programs have dug a hole they dont want to climb out of and it's filling fast with sewage. When reality bites you in the ass it's a painful wakeup call. So they kick and scream and throw the alarm clock.

*cough* 14 trillion in debt *cough*

who is stuck in a massive hole their policies have dug again?
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 12-28-2010, 05:40 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#24  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Socialists.

You know like the ones that were in control of american purse strings for 40 years and scream that 8 years they were not in near absolute control is what wrecked the economy.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 12-28-2010, 08:41 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#25  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
you don't know what a socialist is
Old 12-28-2010, 08:51 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#26  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
you don't know what a socialist is

__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 12-28-2010, 08:57 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#27  

UTRocketMan
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Socialists.

You know like the ones that were in control of american purse strings for 40 years and scream that 8 years they were not in near absolute control is what wrecked the economy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...idential_terms

Care to explain?
Old 12-29-2010, 12:03 AM UTRocketMan is offline  
Reply With Quote
#28  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
care to explain what? How in a 40 year period we went from a single wage earner being able to comfortably provide for a family of 5 to two wage earners having trouble providing for a family of 3?

A period in which democrats held at least 2 of the three branches of government at all times?

A period that included the Regan presidency?

Not much to explain.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 12-29-2010, 02:14 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#29  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
care to explain what? How in a 40 year period we went from a single wage earner being able to comfortably provide for a family of 5 to two wage earners having trouble providing for a family of 3?

A period in which democrats held at least 2 of the three branches of government at all times?

A period that included the Regan presidency?

Not much to explain.


http://sociology.ucsc.edu/whorulesam...er/wealth.html
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 12-29-2010, 02:16 AM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#30  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:27 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.