Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

did you have a point?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

imzjustplayin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post

those fucking lazy old sick people should just heal themselves, take 40 years off their age and get back to fucking work at all those jobs that don't exist.
I know people who are well into their 80s and they're not retired a single bit and then I know people who are in their 60s who've willed themselves into being sickly and old. Retirement is just the beginning of the decline and when you're that old, once you've sunk to a new level, there is no getting out of it, literally digging themselves their own graves.

UTRocketMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
care to explain what? How in a 40 year period we went from a single wage earner being able to comfortably provide for a family of 5 to two wage earners having trouble providing for a family of 3?

A period in which democrats held at least 2 of the three branches of government at all times?

A period that included the Regan presidency?

Not much to explain.

I don't see how you can blame democrats anymore than republicans...seems like they both had their hands in the pot...maybe I don't see your point?

edit: I mean, I realize the House of Rep. controls the budget. But to say the president is immaterial in government expenditures is absurd (I think several wars show that).

Last edited by UTRocketMan; 12-29-2010 at 09:11 PM..

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTRocketMan View Post

I don't see how you can blame democrats anymore than republicans...seems like they both had their hands in the pot...maybe I don't see your point?

edit: I mean, I realize the House of Rep. controls the budget. But to say the president is immaterial in government expenditures is absurd (I think several wars show that).

Yeah vietnam ww1 ww2 korean?

but the point is that dems keep screaming how it's not their fault because the republicans had control for a couple years.

Now that they dont have all the news outlets in their back pockets it got too hard to spin that fairy tale.

Neither side is blameless but the dems are up to their elbows is spending what we dont have and republicans seem to be only wrist deep and it looks like they are going to be pull back a bit.

Thus you have the Tea Party. Or Tea Baggers if you are a dem of course.

UTRocketMan

Quote:
Yeah vietnam ww1 ww2 korean?

but the point is that dems keep screaming how it's not their fault because the republicans had control for a couple years.

Now that they dont have all the news outlets in their back pockets it got too hard to spin that fairy tale.

Neither side is blameless but the dems are up to their elbows is spending what we dont have and republicans seem to be only wrist deep and it looks like they are going to be pull back a bit.

Thus you have the Tea Party. Or Tea Baggers if you are a dem of course.

I was thinking more along the lines of Afghanistan and Iraq (where congress did not declare war), though Afghanistan is somewhat arguable as being semi-necessary.

As for "a couple years"

http://uspolitics.about.com/od/usgov...division_2.htm

Republicans held majority in congress for 10 years and nearly doubled the debt in that time.

As for the dems spending so much, I am guessing you are referring specifically to the 111th congress (the past one). They inherited an economy on the verge of collapse. If they hadn't done the bailouts, hadn't pumped money into the economy, imho it would have as disastrous as the great depression. Besides, all the American public cried for was "FIX DEH ECONOMIES!!!" without seemingly caring how it got done and having no patience for a responsible fiscal policy. Now they've gone a long way to "fixing" it, they gave the people exactly what they wanted, in 2 years no less. But nope, no patience, vote them out and onto the next party. This exact situation is why, when the economy was good, the debt should have been decreased. It was be nice to have a "margin of error". But nope, let's dump that money into the middle east, and not even get oil out of it.

I'm not a fan of how healthcare is setup to be implemented, but of course they were going to pass it, they've been trying for years.

On top of that, they had to supply money to two wars.

I want to know how people can blame the economy squarely on this administration, when it was fine going into Bush's terms, and terrible after. It is really that hard to connect dots?

I wonder why it hasn't dawned on people that maybe the problem goes beyond "fixing" and more into "overhauling". With a reduced middle class and reduced spending power, but an ever increasing cost of living, maybe those at the higher income brackets will just take their business elsewhere this time? Indian and Chinese consumer will have larger spending power in a few years, and are much closer to manufacturing centers. With their increased quality of education, soon the service industry can move too. Then, when the economy tanks, it will be for the last time.

But really, I agree with you. The responsible thing to do would have been to sideline the shit we didn't "need". Hell, I'd love for an administration to base their campaign on "We aren't going to do shit but balance the budget and improve education", but I doubt that will ever happen. It seems like all I get to choose between are people who want to implement massive government programs, and people who want to start wars and run the economy like its a simple toy.

/rant and vent

TheMorlock

Bush also took office after economy started a nose dive. And then had 9/11 and Katrina.

10 years 40 years hmmmm. yes obviously it's republicans fault.

UTRocketMan

I'd hardly call that (1999) recession comparable to the current. This is the first time in a long while private consumption has fallen. I also don't think 9/11 or Katrina justify doubling national debt in 6 years.

Also, 10 years of republican congress majorities and presidency. The previous 10 were dominated with Republican presidents with strong advocation of military spending (though at least it killed USSR). Given that the president has the first hand in crafting a budget, and is a powerful force in budgetary allocations, I'd say that places a lot of blame at the feet of Republican policies. Though the Democratic congress deserves blame for approving the budget at all, it is important to note that the Democratic party of the 80's was a much different beast than it is today due to its carryover of southern democrats who would be viewed as conservatives today. With the Republican conservative movement, most of those are, obviously, in the Republican party.

All I'm hoping for is that the Republicans prevent the Democrats from doing anything, and vice versa. Maybe if they're both in standstill they can't spend. Best thing that happened to Clinton's legacy.

Last edited by UTRocketMan; 12-30-2010 at 12:33 PM..

imzjustplayin

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTRocketMan View Post
I'd hardly call that (1999) recession comparable to the current. This is the first time in a long while private consumption has fallen. I also don't think 9/11 or Katrina justify doubling national debt in 6 years.

Also, 10 years of republican congress majorities and presidency. The previous 10 were dominated with Republican presidents with strong advocation of military spending (though at least it killed USSR). Given that the president has the first hand in crafting a budget, and is a powerful force in budgetary allocations, I'd say that places a lot of blame at the feet of Republican policies. Though the Democratic congress deserves blame for approving the budget at all, it is important to note that the Democratic party of the 80's was a much different beast than it is today due to its carryover of southern democrats who would be viewed as conservatives today. With the Republican conservative movement, most of those are, obviously, in the Republican party.

All I'm hoping for is that the Republicans prevent the Democrats from doing anything, and vice versa. Maybe if they're both in standstill they can't spend. Best thing that happened to Clinton's legacy.

Yeah well unfortunately it's too late for that. I would have been fine with Obama being another bill Clinton and not getting shit done but instead he had to pass a bunch of crap which is going to weaken this country further and make us less competitive than otherwise. Thanks to him being a retard, I want him out at the first chance given, unfortunately there aren't any real good candidates he can face. It would've an awesome bloodbath to see something like Reagan and Obama go at each other but that could never happen because they're from different eras, not to mention Reagan is dead but I can always dream...like an Obama Palin ticket or a Michael Moore and Rush Limbaugh ticket... lol

Patriotic Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by imzjustplayin View Post
http://www.commentarymagazine.com/bl...eenwald/384200

Words cannot describe how delicious the irony and hypocrisy we have with these people. However, to be fair, the right has done the same thing too, specifically the authoritarian right who wants free business and personal rights but at the same time support the patriot act. I'm just waiting for the day when people realize that it's not whether you're left or right, but whether you're a libertarian or authoritarian.
That's not hypocritical at all, you're simply unable/unwilling to discern between supporting imperialism and supporting UHC.

Patriotic Eagle

Quote:
care to explain what? How in a 40 year period we went from a single wage earner being able to comfortably provide for a family of 5 to two wage earners having trouble providing for a family of 3?

A period in which democrats held at least 2 of the three branches of government at all times?

Not much to explain.

lmao it's right in front of your fucking face

SemperFly

Quote:

Not much to explain.

you answered your own question, dumbass

Quote:
A period that included the Regan presidency

crumbaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Yes, terrible hypocrisy that someone should believe that the government should provide non-profit health care for its citizens and at the same time believe the government shouldn't lie to its citizens about foreign policy.

And the only vaccine that maher doesn't trust is the flu vaccine which I'm pretty sure is not made or mandated by the government.

Also, I'm pretty sure no one in all of history has ever wished for a health care system run like the post office. and lol at the people who still buy the line about single payer being a way for the government to control you. feebs.

old thread, but yeah pyramid you nailed it once again

religated

Quote:
Originally Posted by imzjustplayin View Post
Medicare and medicaid is fucked and they think they can just add on to these programs like as if they're not ready to implode?

Yes, all the old people in our country hate medicare/medicade they are always complaining about not wanting to have it because the program is too much fail

imzjustplayin

Quote:
Originally Posted by religated View Post
Yes, all the old people in our country hate medicare/medicade they are always complaining about not wanting to have it because the program is too much fail

Who wouldn't love a program that they don't have to pay for? Those people on medicare who are poor and can't afford their own care certainly appreciate having medical care they've only paid a small fraction for. When the system implodes is where people will start bitching and setting aflame government buildings. The whole system is stupid. People will start to really hate medicare when doctors start refusing those patients which IMO they should. Lamest part about medicare is that you're forced into the system when you're of age.

Last edited by imzjustplayin; 02-23-2011 at 01:33 AM..

TheMorlock

Where are all the people screaming that Obama is a war monger and started a war without congress consent and is a war criminal? I guess Libya does not count.