General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
good thing he has NATO and the UN Security council on his side.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...curity_Council
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 03-30-2011, 08:51 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#61  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Hell all he needs is SemperFly
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-31-2011, 12:58 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#62  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
good thing he has NATO and the UN Security council on his side.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...curity_Council
UN is a joke, and who is NATO really? If you took away the U.S. and Great Britain you would basically be left with France being NATO's muscle...and could you really count on them to not be "morally outraged" or have other personal reasons (Africa) for not getting involved when action is required? Say what you will about Iraq, but at least Bush got bi-partisan support from congress before going apeshit.

WHERE IS TEH OUTRAGE FOR THE UNPROVOKED ATTACK ON LIBYA?!!
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 03-31-2011, 08:46 AM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#63  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
UN is a joke, and who is NATO really? If you took away the U.S. and Great Britain you would basically be left with France being NATO's muscle...and could you really count on them to not be "morally outraged" or have other personal reasons (Africa) for not getting involved when action is required? Say what you will about Iraq, but at least Bush got bi-partisan support from congress before going apeshit.

WHERE IS TEH OUTRAGE FOR THE UNPROVOKED ATTACK ON LIBYA?!!

A lot of Congress was out of town last week, and the situation was deteriorating pretty rapidly. By the time the international support pulled together, we'd have needed basically an immediate vote in Congress. That would have been ideal, obviously, but Congress's approval hasn't been required for this sort of action for about 40 years now.

Bush obeyed the formalities, but given the fact that most of the arguments he made to Congress were either lies or simply wrong, I don't think he really should get much credit. That's been done to death though.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:41 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#64  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
UN is a joke, and who is NATO really? If you took away the U.S. and Great Britain you would basically be left with France being NATO's muscle...and could you really count on them to not be "morally outraged" or have other personal reasons (Africa) for not getting involved when action is required? Say what you will about Iraq, but at least Bush got bi-partisan support from congress before going apeshit.

WHERE IS TEH OUTRAGE FOR THE UNPROVOKED ATTACK ON LIBYA?!!

Actually the hard left is quite pissed about our "third war". The hard right is spinning in circles trying to condemn obama for everything, even when they were originally condemning him for not doing anything. However there is a big difference between engaging in a UN and NATO sanctioned no fly zone and the clusterfuck known as iraq.

I did think it was cute when we almost dropped a tomahawk on gadaffi's tent again. just like old times...
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 03-31-2011, 03:04 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#65  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Actually the hard left is quite pissed about our "third war". The hard right is spinning in circles trying to condemn obama for everything, even when they were originally condemning him for not doing anything. However there is a big difference between engaging in a UN and NATO sanctioned no fly zone and the clusterfuck known as iraq.

I did think it was cute when we almost dropped a tomahawk on gadaffi's tent again. just like old times...
The point is not about Iraq being right or wrong, or the attack on Lybia being right or wrong.....but hypocrisy. The hard left, just to the right of hard left, center left, leftist righties etc.. can't admit to themselves that if this thing with Lybia happened during the Bush era (in exactly the same way, with all the same players) they would be foaming at the mouth and far beyond "pissed".

Btw, since the lefties are so "pissed"...why aren't they protesting in Washington and calling for Obama to be impeached?
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 04-01-2011, 12:05 AM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#66  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post

Btw, since the lefties are so "pissed"...why aren't they protesting in Washington and calling for Obama to be impeached?

I will take rhetorical questions for 1000 Alex
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 04-02-2011, 04:35 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#67  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
The point is not about Iraq being right or wrong, or the attack on Lybia being right or wrong.....but hypocrisy. The hard left, just to the right of hard left, center left, leftist righties etc.. can't admit to themselves that if this thing with Lybia happened during the Bush era (in exactly the same way, with all the same players) they would be foaming at the mouth and far beyond "pissed".

Btw, since the lefties are so "pissed"...why aren't they protesting in Washington and calling for Obama to be impeached?

just like they marched on washington when bill clinton no-fly-zoned iraq?
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 04-02-2011, 04:44 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#68  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Having trouble with that log?
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 04-02-2011, 05:00 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#69  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:43 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.