General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner9072 View Post
i'm arguing that killing ANY number of people is significant, extended mag or not. and having an extended magazine doesn't necessarily make it easier to kill people, being able to accurately fire a weapon makes it easier to kill people. so let's make shooting ranges illegal since they allow for someone to practice their shooting ability.
So, because killing any number of people is significant, we should be fine with making it easier to kill LOTS of people I really don't get your argument here. Just give up because we can't utterly eliminate the problem?

There are plenty of legit reasons to go to a firing range, so no reason to talk about banning them. What's the legit reason to have an extended magazine?
Quote:
leaving a product on the market allows it to be more readily regulated, as opposed to leaving it on the black market, where it can be bought by anyone with the connection and the money.

who is arguing to make these things 100% legal with no barriers to purchase?
Exactly what standards is anyone proposing for stuff like extended magazines? Currently the standard is "Sup bro I want an extended magazines here's $XXX" and you walk out of the store. If we're still allowing for random firing range badass to buy his extended mags, then pretty much anyone could. If there's no legitimate purpose to selling these magazines, then why sell them at all? Serious criminals could still get them, but they're not the ones doing these crazy rampage shootings.

I seriously doubt guys like this shooter or Mr Cho from Virginia Tech have black market connections or the ability to find them. They'd just cobble something together or find alternatives. Either way, it's less effective than what they can currently get.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:39 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#46  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
I guess I'm not understanding your logic...we're not talking about angsty, depressed hipsters here, but rather real loonies who are a danger to themselves and others. People who are truly batshit aren't really aware of that fact and are unlikely to seek treatment for being "normal". The problem is....who decides what is considered insane, and at what point do you protect them by taking away certain "rights" or priveleges?

Why would anyone seek medical attention, if it means you're going to get fucked over it? This is really as simple as it can be put.

PS. You've watched too much movies, too.
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 01-13-2011, 10:35 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#47  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Why would anyone seek medical attention, if it means you're going to get fucked over it? This is really as simple as it can be put.

PS. You've watched too much movies, too.
I've decided that based on your posts here (and various "entertainment" interests) that you should be on international no-fly lists, can't buy a knife with a blade longer than 2" and the only guns you can own are the water variety.
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 01-14-2011, 08:30 AM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#48  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCviggen View Post
Stats don't lie. Down here pretty much no-one has a gun, many people have never een a real one IRL even. As a result gun related deaths are 1/12th the US' number for homicides, a third for suicide (pointless stat though you dont NEED a gun for that) and 1/10th for accidents.

Modern society doesn't NEED guns for protection, you wouldn't miss them if they weren't there.

As for the speed limit thing, well nowdays people need transport. Pretty much all forms of transport are mildly dangerous one way or another. But few would argue transport isn't essential. It needs to be somewhat efficient to so 1mph doesnt work well. I dont know stats about the US but I know that here on the highways you can count speed related deaths on 1 hand. There are no solid objects to hit, most deaths involve truck drivers napping. Anyway, by comparison guns are not essential period. They are mostly toys or dick extentions that serve no real practical purpose. Again, plenty of countries get along just fine with almost no privately owned guns at all. I do not see how you could support the argument that America is better off because of its love for guns.

But of course at this point it is pretty much impossible to transform your whole civilisation into something different than what it is now. It's not practically or politically possible. Just one of those "if you could go back to the beginning" kind of things.

where do you live?
Old 01-14-2011, 10:39 AM topcat989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#49  

matt00926
baaaaaa
 
matt00926's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
where do you live?

Utopia
__________________
cd09d75f80807fd8baa143b39fa895eb [pornmay.com]
Old 01-14-2011, 06:12 PM matt00926 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#50  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
where do you live?

according to his profile:

About JCviggen
Location
Belgium / Denmark
Signature
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 01-14-2011, 06:27 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#51  

tanner9072
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
So, because killing any number of people is significant, we should be fine with making it easier to kill LOTS of people I really don't get your argument here. Just give up because we can't utterly eliminate the problem?

again, having more bullets at hand does not make it easier, if you've ever fired a weapon then you understand that the more bullets you fire in a given amount of time, the harder it is to control your weapon. hell, this is even evident when playing call of duty.

Quote:
There are plenty of legit reasons to go to a firing range, so no reason to talk about banning them. What's the legit reason to have an extended magazine?
i was being sarcastic about the banning of shooting ranges

Quote:
Exactly what standards is anyone proposing for stuff like extended magazines? Currently the standard is "Sup bro I want an extended magazines here's $XXX" and you walk out of the store. If we're still allowing for random firing range badass to buy his extended mags, then pretty much anyone could. If there's no legitimate purpose to selling these magazines, then why sell them at all? Serious criminals could still get them, but they're not the ones doing these crazy rampage shootings.
different states do have different standards for stuff like extended magazines. depending on the state, the amount of bullets in a magazine (and whether the magazine is for a pistol/rifle) that deems it 'extended' varies. http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/NoHiCapChemSpray.pdf

so if serious criminals are still going to get them whether theyre illegal or not, then why bother wasting the time to make them illegal? to stop those who arent going to go shoot a bunch of people in the first place? i dont believe that the accessibility of an extended magazine further encourages any non-criminal to participate in a public shooting any more than the accessibility of the gun to begin with, but you may prove me wrong, it wouldnt be the first time one of my beliefs were wrong.

and serious criminals arent the ones doing rampage shootings?......what?

Quote:
I seriously doubt guys like this shooter or Mr Cho from Virginia Tech have black market connections or the ability to find them. They'd just cobble something together or find alternatives. Either way, it's less effective than what they can currently get.
cho didnt use extended magazines, just basic 10 rounders. which gets to the point that not having an extended magazine doesnt make you 'ineffective' at killing a numerous amount of people.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:07 PM tanner9072 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#52  

teh scud
 
teh scud's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwilliam54 View Post
Sarin says otherwise

I'm sure 5-10 people with guns could have killed more than 13 people in a crowded subway
Old 01-14-2011, 09:40 PM teh scud is offline  
Reply With Quote
#53  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner9072 View Post
again, having more bullets at hand does not make it easier, if you've ever fired a weapon then you understand that the more bullets you fire in a given amount of time, the harder it is to control your weapon. hell, this is even evident when playing call of duty.
Of course it makes it easier. You don't have to stop and reload or change magazines as soon if you're shooting at the same rate. This guy got stopped when he had to stop shooting and change magazines, if he had had to do that after ten bullets instead of 30, you're seriously trying to say that fewer people wouldn't have been killed?

Quote:
so if serious criminals are still going to get them whether theyre illegal or not, then why bother wasting the time to make them illegal? to stop those who arent going to go shoot a bunch of people in the first place? i dont believe that the accessibility of an extended magazine further encourages any non-criminal to participate in a public shooting any more than the accessibility of the gun to begin with, but you may prove me wrong, it wouldnt be the first time one of my beliefs were wrong.

and serious criminals arent the ones doing rampage shootings?......what?
I'm saying "serious criminals" as in people who have significant experience and connections to the underworld. People with actual connections into the criminal world could obtain black market goods, because they know people who know people etc. Guys like these recent mass shooters couldn't. Given that the vast majority of people do not have extensive criminal connections, that's going to severely limit the likelihood that crazy person X is going to be able to get some banned equipment.

I don't believe banning any of this stuff would actually discourage shootings, it would just help mitigate the casualties to some degree. And again, why does anyone who isn't trying to kill a bunch of people actually need these things? No one seems to have any kind of answer to that. What is the benefit to outweigh the obvious danger?
Old 01-14-2011, 10:38 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#54  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Guns made a california high school just a bit safer, thank god for dispelling all lieberals for now, but please remember to reload

PS. It's going to be interesting finding out was this some gangbanger, or someone pretty similar to mr.greg or the other fucking retards like him that infest this shit forum
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 01-18-2011, 09:58 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#55  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Guns made a california high school just a bit safer, thank god for dispelling all lieberals for now, but please remember to reload

PS. It's going to be interesting finding out was this some gangbanger, or someone pretty similar to mr.greg or the other fucking retards like him that infest this shit forum

Actually this shows what fail most gun laws are. Unless you're trying to tell me that bringing a loaded firearm by a student onto school grounds was legal and not against any laws?
Old 01-18-2011, 11:20 PM topcat989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#56  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
Actually this shows what fail most gun laws are. Unless you're trying to tell me that bringing a loaded firearm by a student onto school grounds was legal and not against any laws?

No no, more guns = more safety!

Shame though, that there weren't many people with guns to help with this one!
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 01-18-2011, 11:39 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#57  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
No no, more guns = more safety!

as a general rule, yes.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:45 PM topcat989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#58  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
By the way since you feel this was more caused because of stricter gun laws, do you have a logical explanation on how it would have actually affected anything if the gun was carried legally?

Also, this is literally you:
"a gun was carried to school despite the law saying it isn't allowed. Therefore gun laws are pretty fucking stupid"
This will probably be you tomorrow:
"My neighbour got raped and killed, though it's against the law. I wonder why we have these fucking laws anyway"
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay

Last edited by RuHo; 01-19-2011 at 01:01 AM..
Old 01-19-2011, 12:56 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#59  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
as a general rule, yes.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

"a guy on TV said something, it must be true. I guess I could find out, but I'll just take the word of the TV guys, and I hope there'll be a program soon which would make some correlations and causations that would logically justify my virulent racism"
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 01-19-2011, 12:58 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#60  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:49 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.