General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
topcat has around 80 IQ and it shows, rofl
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 05-01-2011, 08:07 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#16  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

CommiePunk
my rectum bleeds everyday
 
CommiePunk's Avatar
 
house arrest is not effective
Old 05-01-2011, 08:08 PM CommiePunk is offline  
Reply With Quote
#17  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 05-03-2011, 05:49 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#18  

SamFarber
 
SamFarber's Avatar
 
Mark my words - the key to the whole matter is "penal bonds." I shall say no more.
__________________
http://they-all-think-shes-crazy.ytmnd.com/
Old 05-03-2011, 07:24 PM SamFarber is offline  
Reply With Quote
#19  

Bukkakeboy
 
Bukkakeboy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamFarber View Post
Mark my words - the key to the whole matter is "penal bonds." I shall say no more.

is that some kind of code for "get rid of all the brown people"?
__________________
fuck IRL

this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy
Old 05-08-2011, 01:21 PM Bukkakeboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#20  

gwiber
 
gwiber's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
or maybe we could stop arresting people for things that shouldn't be illegal in the first place.

this is supposed to be a "free" country.

also our drug laws end up causing much of the violence...

and the prisons aren't full of stoners as weed has been largely decriminalized nation wide. it's just a colossal waste of money and man hours to keep catching and releasing people for no good reason.

Just from reading this thread and your responses. I am, assuming, you mean things like weed, should not be criminalized.

For the sake of argument, lets start with just weed.

My mother in 1986 had to come tel a 14 year old child. Sitting doing his homework. Had to come tell her son, that his father, who he had JUST seen 4 weeks earlier (Parents divorced for 7 years at the time); was dead, as a fucking doornail, because he had died due to smoking weed.

And, only, because of smoking his little favorite downtime plant. No other particular reason. One minute “Feels like I have heartburn”; next, he climbed onto a stretcher, and was dead before he hit the emergency room door.

I, don't give a shit. What you or anyone else thinks. That shit should be illegal, and stay that way.

Is it rational? No, probably not. But no parent should have to sit down a child, and tell them “Hey, someone in your family just DIED, because some asshole sold them something obviously illegal and bad for them.”

And yes; its bad for you. Lie to me and tell me it's not.

I; know; it is. I've lived for 25 years without a parent because of it.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:15 PM gwiber is offline  
Reply With Quote
#21  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Your father did not die due to smoking weed.

THC cannot kill a person. It's medically impossible. If your father had hypertension or some other condition where smoking anything was dangerous then it was his own fault but in that case he would have died just as easily from smoking a cigarette. The weed itself did not kill your dad. In fact, no one in recorded history has ever died from a THC overdose.

Following that, your situation does not justify making it illegal for everyone else.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:34 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#22  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwiber View Post
Just from reading this thread and your responses. I am, assuming, you mean things like weed, should not be criminalized.

For the sake of argument, lets start with just weed.

My mother in 1986 had to come tel a 14 year old child. Sitting doing his homework. Had to come tell her son, that his father, who he had JUST seen 4 weeks earlier (Parents divorced for 7 years at the time); was dead, as a fucking doornail, because he had died due to smoking weed.

And, only, because of smoking his little favorite downtime plant. No other particular reason. One minute “Feels like I have heartburn”; next, he climbed onto a stretcher, and was dead before he hit the emergency room door.

I, don't give a shit. What you or anyone else thinks. That shit should be illegal, and stay that way.

Is it rational? No, probably not. But no parent should have to sit down a child, and tell them “Hey, someone in your family just DIED, because some asshole sold them something obviously illegal and bad for them.”

And yes; its bad for you. Lie to me and tell me it's not.

I; know; it is. I've lived for 25 years without a parent because of it.

Yeah, I'd like to see the death certificate stating that your parent died from just smoking weed. He would be the first recorded case in all of human history that I am aware of.

Outside of paraquat poisoning or other toxic contamination, smoking weed is not toxic enough to be fatal. And the only reason paraquat was ever put on marijuana was because of our drug war.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002076/
http://toxipedia.org/display/toxipedia/Paraquat

I'm betting your fathers drug use was one of the reasons your parents were divorced and the explanation your mother gave of his death was related to her anger at him for continuing it and her desire to not have you go down that same path. However, the active ingredients in marijuana are not toxic enough to cause death in humans. This is not a point you can dispute. Marijuana is one of the most studied plants on earth and its effects on humans are well documented.

If your story is indeed true there's pretty much 4 ways it could have happened:

1. some foreign toxic substance was in his weed (something that would not happen if weed were legal and regulated)
2. he was using other drugs at the same time and experienced some sort of drug interaction
3. his drug use exacerbated a known or unknown existing medical condition resulting in his death
4. some combination of the above.

however in none of those scenarios is weed really to blame. and besides, lots of things kill people all the fucking time: alcohol, cigarettes, cars, over the counter medications, stairs, bath tubs, swimming pools, etc etc etc... we don't make these things illegal.

and the Coup de grâce to your argument: Weed was illegal when your father died. That didn't help him, did it?
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 05-08-2011, 03:14 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#23  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Your dad could have been smoking weed and then had a pulmonary embolism from a clot for all we know.

What we do know is that smoking weed is not statistically correlated to death.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1380837/
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 05-08-2011, 03:24 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#24  

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM
 
GhEttOrAiD's Avatar
 
Yeah mom probably used the opportunity to scare gwiber off of weed for life
__________________
[QUOTE=BlisterDick;25482810][b]PLZ keep door unlock for roach and spider[/b][/QUOTE]
✓, ✓, ☑, ☐
Old 05-08-2011, 04:02 PM GhEttOrAiD is offline  
Reply With Quote
#25  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
damn I didn't even realize it wasn't you fucking avatars
Old 05-08-2011, 04:03 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#26  

Sup
 
Sup's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwiber View Post
Just from reading this thread and your responses. I am, assuming, you mean things like weed, should not be criminalized.

For the sake of argument, lets start with just weed.

My mother in 1986 had to come tel a 14 year old child. Sitting doing his homework. Had to come tell her son, that his father, who he had JUST seen 4 weeks earlier (Parents divorced for 7 years at the time); was dead, as a fucking doornail, because he had died due to smoking weed.

And, only, because of smoking his little favorite downtime plant. No other particular reason. One minute “Feels like I have heartburn”; next, he climbed onto a stretcher, and was dead before he hit the emergency room door.

I, don't give a shit. What you or anyone else thinks. That shit should be illegal, and stay that way.

Is it rational? No, probably not. But no parent should have to sit down a child, and tell them “Hey, someone in your family just DIED, because some asshole sold them something obviously illegal and bad for them.”

And yes; its bad for you. Lie to me and tell me it's not.

I; know; it is. I've lived for 25 years without a parent because of it.

Your mom lied to you. He did not die from smoking weed.

Weed is not "bad" for you anymore than sugar and alcohol are. It is only obviously illegal because it has been for so long, no other reason. There is no scientific or societal rational for its being illegal.
__________________
Sup
Old 05-08-2011, 04:05 PM Sup is offline  
Reply With Quote
#27  

gwiber
 
gwiber's Avatar
 
I have the coroner's report, thank you.

Stacked away with the other unfortunate little death certificates I have been forced to endure as executor of wills since then.

So no, she didn't lie to me.

You can spout all you like about the "Safety" of it.

I; do not; believe it.

I lived though its results. It was not an "allergic reaction" either, he smoked it for years.

I have living experience., I have my opinion. That's the end of it.

Lie to yourself about the effects.

(BTW, my mother has never tried to “Scare me” off anything.

This is the same woman who informed me quite proudly that the only way to truly enjoy Monty Python movies is to “watch them stoned”.)
Old 05-08-2011, 04:39 PM gwiber is offline  
Reply With Quote
#28  

Forever Domon
 
Forever Domon's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwiber View Post
I have the coroner's report, thank you.

Stacked away with the other unfortunate little death certificates I have been forced to endure as executor of wills since then.

So no, she didn't lie to me.

You can spout all you like about the "Safety" of it.

I; do not; believe it.

I lived though its results. It was not an "allergic reaction" either, he smoked it for years.

I have living experience., I have my opinion. That's the end of it.

Lie to yourself about the effects.
it would be the first case in history. It might very slightly raise your blood pressure when you were smoking, but i cant see anything else that could even come close to killing you or contributing to it.

I think the coroner misdiagnosed.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:41 PM Forever Domon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#29  

Sup
 
Sup's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwiber View Post
I have the coroner's report, thank you.

Stacked away with the other unfortunate little death certificates I have been forced to endure as executor of wills since then.

So no, she didn't lie to me.

You can spout all you like about the "Safety" of it.

I; do not; believe it.

I lived though its results. It was not an "allergic reaction" either, he smoked it for years.

I have living experience., I have my opinion. That's the end of it.

Lie to yourself about the effects.

(BTW, my mother has never tried to “Scare me” off anything.

This is the same woman who informed me quite proudly that the only way to truly enjoy Monty Python movies is to “watch them stoned”.)

Like Domon said, if your dad died from smoking weed it would have made the news.

Let me be clear.

I; do not; believe; you;;;;;
__________________
Sup
Old 05-08-2011, 04:44 PM Sup is offline  
Reply With Quote
#30  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:02 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.