General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
So I guess the computer you are using does not work, Nor lasers or mp3 players or digital watches or latex paint or latex gloves or the space shuttle or airliners or cruise missiles etc etc. I guess some voodoo dr just pointed a stick around at piles of junk and they self assembled into these items.

Or do they work because we only think they work and, but wait that effort to prove they work would make them break. ZOMG its all a House Of Cards based on illusion created by an evolved electron that thinks its a man.

If you read and understood my post, my criticism was directed purely at medical research.

While some fucked up things can be said in relation to science and manufacturing technology. I find that portion of science to at least be self-correcting. Technology is getting more environmentally friendly, cheaper, smaller, capable of doing more with fewer/smaller devices, more practices of recycling are being taken into account. I am personally not an anti-technologist in any sense.

However medical research in its current state I see as the fuck up and really, the way it works, it isn't going to improve just by the nature of the system.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:18 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#16  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee View Post
I'm an R&D engineer at one of those evil "corporation" things that's part of the whole evil "capitalist" system. I use the scientific method in my work, and it seems to be working just fine - my work leads to the creation of new products, and I continue to receive a paycheque.

Scientific method, provided it's conducted properly, works fine.

What you should be focusing on is the lack of _ethics_ present in lots of large corporations. Tobacco corporations, oil corporations, big pharma, etc... Case in point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpwcF3Malj8

I'm sure there was plenty of science conducted by Philip Morris and other companies that suggest that smoking actually fucks you up... except for maybe a single, poorly conducted study that for some reason indicated health benefits.

And oil companies pretty much know that they're fucking the world up, and that future generations will be pissed off that we didn't save fantastic chemical resources like oil/natural gas for them. But do you expect them to shut down, liquidate themselves and give their money to shareholders because of ethical reasons like that? fuck no.

The subject of oil actually isn't even one that disturbs. Atleast people KNOW what is up with oil. Atleast the thought is in the air that "We should be looking for alternatives, we should transition to electric". Science and technology concerning automobiles, computers or other I see to be largely self-correcting. The companies that are doing it right are getting more money and because of that it's only a matter of time before those aspects of science and technology are well harmonized with earth. However when it comes to the medical research industry, it's the opposite of that. Companies that are more insidious get more money and people don't even know that 'evidence' in medical journals is just a form of advertising at this point with alot of half-truth behind it.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:23 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#17  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
The subject of oil actually isn't even one that disturbs. Atleast people KNOW what is up with oil. Atleast the thought is in the air that "We should be looking for alternatives, we should transition to electric".
you know that "electric" isn't a form of power generation, right?
Quote:
Science and technology concerning automobiles, computers or other I see to be largely self-correcting. The companies that are doing it right are getting more money and because of that it's only a matter of time before those aspects of science and technology are well harmonized with earth. However when it comes to the medical research industry, it's the opposite of that. Companies that are more insidious get more money and people don't even know that 'evidence' in medical journals is just a form of advertising at this point with alot of half-truth behind it.
you don't know shit about medicine, ry. stfu
Old 05-31-2011, 04:32 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#18  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
If you read and understood my post, my criticism was directed purely at medical research.

While some fucked up things can be said in relation to science and manufacturing technology. I find that portion of science to at least be self-correcting. Technology is getting more environmentally friendly, cheaper, smaller, capable of doing more with fewer/smaller devices, more practices of recycling are being taken into account. I am personally not an anti-technologist in any sense.

However medical research in its current state I see as the fuck up and really, the way it works, it isn't going to improve just by the nature of the system.

you are a complete moron
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 05-31-2011, 04:38 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#19  

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you
 
Vendetta's Avatar
 
lofucking-l. it's all just so goddamn pathetic
Old 05-31-2011, 04:55 PM Vendetta is offline  
Reply With Quote
#20  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
lofucking-l

No, really he is right. It's why we are still using blood letting to release demons and ill humors. And not any of those fancy SRI's and why we trepan to find out how many demons are trapped in the skull instead of using an MRI or PET scan to locate tumors and position emitters for multipoint RF tumor eradication.

And functional idiots like him dont become pizza faces because they hit puberty and their skin PH changes it's because he ate a pizza. Thats both the law of similarity and the law of contagion working together.

If he didn't love the zits then they would have gone away because the negative energetics of his mind would have eradicated them.

The expected lifespan did not increase from mid to late 50's to late 70's in the last 60 years because of capitalist medical research. It increased because the old just wanted to live longer so they could suck SS dry.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323

Last edited by TheMorlock; 05-31-2011 at 05:10 PM..
Old 05-31-2011, 05:00 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#21  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
No, really he is right. It's why we are still using blood letting to release demons and ill humors. And not any of those fancy SRI's and why we trepan to find out how many demons are trapped in the skull instead of using an MRI or PET scan to locate tumors and position emitters for multipoint RF tumor eradication.

And functional idiots like him dont become pizza faces because they hit puberty and their skin PH changes it's because he ate a pizza. Thats both the law of similarity and the law of contagion working together.

If he didn't love the zits then they would have gone away because the negative energetics of his mind would have eradicated them.

The expected lifespan did not increase from mid to late 50's to late 70's in the last 60 years because of capitalist medical research. It increased because the old just wanted to live longer so they could suck SS dry.

You say alot of things in alot of my threads but you never say anything that demonstrates you actually understood what I said.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:55 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#22  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
You say alot of things in alot of my threads but you never say anything that demonstrates you actually understood what I said.


Mimsey were the Borogoves.


You talk gibberish. There is nothing to understand. Unlike some others here I know that trying to talk sense to you is futile. You have not even a basic grasp of anything you ramble on about. You are either completely fucked in the head or a troll with such great skill and attention to detail that it borders on a psychosis and therefore, once again, completely fucked in the head.


You are mildly amusing to mock for awhile but then your garbage starts polluting other threads.


Get it yet?
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 05-31-2011, 10:29 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#23  

Creepster
 
Creepster's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
So you really have no clue that everything you see around you that makes your life comfortable enough to have the time to spout nonsense on the interwebnets....was created in whole or partly by this evil substance you despise?

edit- as for the OP, wow that's a lot of wordy words that were spelled using letters from the English alphabet.

Oh, i have a clue about that. I'm also old enough to remember the time when stuff was overengineered, built to last and people worked as a tv-repair man
Now it's a 5 year model cycle where it's cheaper to buy a new one and throw the old one in the river and continue hating the neighbour for having an iphone a number higher than yours.

Making people throw away stuff that still works, and have them buy something new they don't need just shows how retarded the avarage person in the modern world is. Capitalism is not sustainable. period.
__________________
[Shinespark]You never fail to live up to your name.
[sneetch]Oh Creepster, I'm still waiting for my erotica.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:43 AM Creepster is offline  
Reply With Quote
#24  

acidfast7
 
acidfast7's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepster View Post
Oh, i have a clue about that. I'm also old enough to remember the time when stuff was overengineered, built to last and people worked as a tv-repair man
Now it's a 5 year model cycle where it's cheaper to buy a new one and throw the old one in the river and continue hating the neighbour for having an iphone a number higher than yours.

Making people throw away stuff that still works, and have them buy something new they don't need just shows how retarded the avarage person in the modern world is. Capitalism is not sustainable. period.

Arguing with these guys is useless ... they have no appreciation for Jante Law, which makes me quite :sad:
__________________
I always post that shitty animated .gif of a boulder tumbling down a hill.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:02 AM acidfast7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#25  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepster View Post
Oh, i have a clue about that. I'm also old enough to remember the time when stuff was overengineered, built to last and people worked as a tv-repair man
Now it's a 5 year model cycle where it's cheaper to buy a new one and throw the old one in the river and continue hating the neighbour for having an iphone a number higher than yours.

Making people throw away stuff that still works, and have them buy something new they don't need just shows how retarded the avarage person in the modern world is. Capitalism is not sustainable. period.

There is a difference between capitalism and consumerism. I dont own a cell phone and my last car lasted 15 years. Would have lasted a few more as all it needed was a new clutch hydraulic cylinder. But the GF did not want to wait. And I started having to do some serious repair work on the suspension.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 06-01-2011, 04:09 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#26  

Creepster
 
Creepster's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidfast7 View Post
Arguing with these guys is useless ... they have no appreciation for Jante Law, which makes me quite :sad:

You might get a few giggles from this comic:

http://satwcomic.com/judgement-day
__________________
[Shinespark]You never fail to live up to your name.
[sneetch]Oh Creepster, I'm still waiting for my erotica.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:10 AM Creepster is offline  
Reply With Quote
#27  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepster View Post
Oh, i have a clue about that. I'm also old enough to remember the time when stuff was overengineered, built to last and people worked as a tv-repair man
Now it's a 5 year model cycle where it's cheaper to buy a new one and throw the old one in the river and continue hating the neighbour for having an iphone a number higher than yours.

Making people throw away stuff that still works, and have them buy something new they don't need just shows how retarded the avarage person in the modern world is. Capitalism is not sustainable. period.
Yes, I agree that being a consumer whore is retarded, but I was specifically commenting on the fact that you seem to think that if all oil companies suddenly stopped operating and were prevented by law from starting back up, the world would become some kind of utopia filled with the smell of flowers, peace and love. The reality is that if you got your wish, you would be too busy tending your vegetable garden (if you even have your own land for such) and milking your goats for survival to spout nonsense on the interwebs. That is if the internet is even still around...and if you really want to waste your alloted 3 hours a day of electricity (limited by what remaining wind/solar is able to provide) powering up a computer. Oh, and you might want to invest in a gun to protect your pitiful little garden from those who don't have one..

The good news is that you're not likely to have a job anymore so you'll have plenty of free time to work out the details....and sharing love and song with your fellow man around the campfire!
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 06-01-2011, 08:37 AM joemama is online now  
Reply With Quote
#28  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepster View Post
Oh, i have a clue about that. I'm also old enough to remember the time when stuff was overengineered, built to last and people worked as a tv-repair man
Now it's a 5 year model cycle where it's cheaper to buy a new one and throw the old one in the river and continue hating the neighbour for having an iphone a number higher than yours.

Making people throw away stuff that still works, and have them buy something new they don't need just shows how retarded the avarage person in the modern world is. Capitalism is not sustainable. period.

But technological progress will not stop. We will continue to have new chips, new devices, we will continue to have landfills filled with old pieces of electronics. To imply that just 'stopping' is the solution to the current pitfalls of technology I think is absurd. The solution is to refine technology itself to be more sustainable.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:10 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#29  

Patriotic Eagle
 
Patriotic Eagle's Avatar
 
Wow really makes you think.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:28 PM Patriotic Eagle is offline  
Reply With Quote
#30  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:37 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.