General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooninites View Post
It's content, dammit!

Also, what's with every furry on this board being either retarded, insane, or both?

doesn't the question answer itself?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Mooninites

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
doesn't the question answer itself?

There's different levels of fail. Not even most furries are this insane and stupid. I'd know

IcW@teR
Ice Cool

acid doesn't make you a moron, but there are morons that do acid

dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
it's wrong to believe something that is in clear defiance of every logical examination of available evidence

it's wrong when you insist that those different formulations are in any way valid because of your retarded belief that you have a "third eye"

I don't believe anything in defiance of any clear logical examination of evidence. Perhaps what you mean to say is that I postulate and extrapolate things further than what available evidence would dictate. Which in that case, EXCUSE ME FOR PONDERING POTENTIALLY NEW THINGS AND IDEAS, I didn't know we weren't allowed to do that until someone else told us it was ok to think about.

Third eye is real. If you want a physiological correlate, the pineal gland is literally coated in retinal photoreceptors and positioned exactly at the height where ancient hindu diagrams would place the third eye.

Of course to propose that the photorecptors on this pineal gland can recieve any light is not covered within certain scientific paradigms. But from all my experience, it seems very obvious to me that this is the very mechanism by which hallucination works.

Where do hallucinations come from? You gotta understand theres different kinds of hallucination.

First there is the sort 'optical illusion' hallucinations, where some shadow or something out of the corner of your eye catches your attention, your mind misinterprets it and you think it was a person. This is not a real hallucination, this is just your brain misinterpreting ordinary incoming signals from your eyes.

Next there is 'distortion' of incoming signals from your eyeballs, psilocybin is well known for this, it will make this wiggle around, things wobble back and forth, things grow or shrink in size. Your brain is just distorting the incoming data from your eyeballs. This STILL is NOT a real hallucination.

A real hallucination is when you have an interdimensional being standing in front of you, you can blink, look around it, it is three dimensional, it is there. You aren't seeing a distortion of incoming light signals, you aren't just misinterpreting incoming light signals from the retina. Rather, what is happening here is you literally are having new light signals register to your mind.

Of course this begs the question, if there is really new light signals registering to your mind, where is that light coming from, what is it registering on to get to your mind? I mean is there REALLY an interdimensional entity standing in your room, now registering light signals to your retinas in your eyeballs for your brain process? No I don't think. Where the light signals are registering are on the photoreceptors in your pineal gland, and where the light is coming from is by some mechanism in your brain.

If you are experiencing such hallucinations and you pay close attention to HOW you are seeing, not what you are seeing or the content of what you are seeing, but if you pay attention to only HOW you are seeing this, what function of the brain is happening to make it possible for you to see such a thing. It becomes apparant, atleast to me, that the image, the hallucination, the light is being projected onto, or rather being percieved from point directly in the center of your head about an inch up higher than your brow. This is where the clump of photoreceptors that is called the pineal gland is located.

Much in the same way if you pay attention you can tell the incoming light hitting your eyeball is registering right in the position of the retinas in your eyeball. If you are seeing a real hallucination, if you can pay attention, you can tell the incoming light is hitting this point in the middle of your head.

dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcW@teR View Post
acid doesn't make you a moron, but there are morons that do acid

Yes, generally LSD just intensifies what you are.

If you are smart, I think LSD will make you smarter.

Of course not under the direct influence of it, but rather afterwards when examining and reflecting on it.

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
I use the word 'whole' because it comes from Nassim Harameins research who uses the word 'whole' instead 'hole' to refer to the black/white whole as literally the WHOLE. The whole universe condensensed into a single point. Its not a 'hole' as in nothing is there it is a WHOLE as in everything is there.

This is pseudo intellectualism at it's best or something.

Or you had a lot of robotussin

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Yes, generally LSD just intensifies what you are.

If you are smart, I think LSD will make you smarter.

Of course not under the direct influence of it, but rather afterwards when examining and reflecting on it.

You're the type that thinks LSD makes you smarter.

GG

dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
You're the type that thinks LSD makes you smarter.

GG

Why do you assume what I think is going to be absurd? Why does everyone? Its like whatever anyone says your brains automatically go to produce the one understanding of it that will make it seem ridiculous.

I say LSD just intensifies who you are.
If you are smart, it will make you smarter.
Conversely if you are dumb it will make you dumber.
Theres dozens of contexts you could interpret this in that can make that statement seem more ridiculous, or not ridiculous at all.

I would never assert LSD is some drug that gives you 'super brain powers' or is directly related to increase intelligence in some way, that would be a ridiculous assertion. Certainly it can unlock functions of the brain you did not know existed, but thats not what I attribute it's intelligence increasing capacity to.

LSD, or tripping in general, in relation to intelligence gain operates on pretty much the same exact dynamic of improving intelligence that taking a literal, physical trip, like in an airplane, does.

If I said to you, travelling to a third world country and spending some time there will make you a more intelligent person. Would that be less absurd to you? It's a pretty common understanding I think that travelling to countries different than your own, and seeing the different ways people can live, and the way different countries work, such experience can make you a more intelligent person.

Psychedelics can improve intelligence by the same exact means, but with psychedelics your not travelling to different physical locations, your travelling to different mental locations. You travel to this really foreign territory, you see things you'd never expect to see, you experience things you could never imagine you could experience, your whole paradigm and world shift. Whether or not this happens by physically relocating yourself half-way across the world by airplane, or it happens by altering brain chemistry, the resulting effect is the same. You have greater perspective on where you came from, your horizons are expanded, you have a wider context to understand reality in.

I mean, imagine the prospect of someone who was born in New York City, and lived in New York City there ENTIRE life, and never left the city. Do you think that person would have as broad an understanding of reality as someone who traveled around the world? I mean sure, the person who stayed in a single city all his life might have an awesome job, make lots of money, have great friends, a family. But there understanding of the way the world really is would be absolutely nothing compared to someone who has traveled to and experienced radically different places.

The same thing is true with psychedelics, if you have only ever lived in the same mental state, and dimension, you were born in, how can you reasonably believe that your understanding of the psyche and reality is at all comparable to someone who traveled to many radically different mental states and realities? You must step away from where you are, and look back at it from a distance, or through the context of a different viewpoint in order to get proper perspective and understanding on it. If you have only ever seen reality through the same eyes and brain you were born in, then you haven't seen or experienced a broad enough range of what your brain, your psyche and reality can do to really formulate a proper understanding of what exactly reality is.

It's through that, and only that, which I would assert LSD is capable of making someone more intelligent.

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you

And you NEVER make ridiculous assertions!

dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
And you NEVER make ridiculous assertions!

You just think I do, but if you really thought about it and were well versed with all the contexts and subject matter I speak of you would see that I am actually well grounded.

SemperFly

Quote:
I don't believe anything in defiance of any clear logical examination of evidence. Perhaps what you mean to say is that I postulate and extrapolate things further than what available evidence would dictate. Which in that case, EXCUSE ME FOR PONDERING POTENTIALLY NEW THINGS AND IDEAS, I didn't know we weren't allowed to do that until someone else told us it was ok to think about.

Third eye is real. If you want a physiological correlate, the pineal gland is literally coated in retinal photoreceptors and positioned exactly at the height where ancient hindu diagrams would place the third eye.

Of course to propose that the photorecptors on this pineal gland can recieve any light is not covered within certain scientific paradigms. But from all my experience, it seems very obvious to me that this is the very mechanism by which hallucination works.

Where do hallucinations come from? You gotta understand theres different kinds of hallucination.

First there is the sort 'optical illusion' hallucinations, where some shadow or something out of the corner of your eye catches your attention, your mind misinterprets it and you think it was a person. This is not a real hallucination, this is just your brain misinterpreting ordinary incoming signals from your eyes.

Next there is 'distortion' of incoming signals from your eyeballs, psilocybin is well known for this, it will make this wiggle around, things wobble back and forth, things grow or shrink in size. Your brain is just distorting the incoming data from your eyeballs. This STILL is NOT a real hallucination.

A real hallucination is when you have an interdimensional being standing in front of you, you can blink, look around it, it is three dimensional, it is there. You aren't seeing a distortion of incoming light signals, you aren't just misinterpreting incoming light signals from the retina. Rather, what is happening here is you literally are having new light signals register to your mind.

Of course this begs the question, if there is really new light signals registering to your mind, where is that light coming from, what is it registering on to get to your mind? I mean is there REALLY an interdimensional entity standing in your room, now registering light signals to your retinas in your eyeballs for your brain process? No I don't think. Where the light signals are registering are on the photoreceptors in your pineal gland, and where the light is coming from is by some mechanism in your brain.

If you are experiencing such hallucinations and you pay close attention to HOW you are seeing, not what you are seeing or the content of what you are seeing, but if you pay attention to only HOW you are seeing this, what function of the brain is happening to make it possible for you to see such a thing. It becomes apparant, atleast to me, that the image, the hallucination, the light is being projected onto, or rather being percieved from point directly in the center of your head about an inch up higher than your brow. This is where the clump of photoreceptors that is called the pineal gland is located.

Much in the same way if you pay attention you can tell the incoming light hitting your eyeball is registering right in the position of the retinas in your eyeball. If you are seeing a real hallucination, if you can pay attention, you can tell the incoming light is hitting this point in the middle of your head.
i used to believe that you were trolling and no one could be that stupid

then i learned otherwise. there are people as delusional as you

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you

Quote:
You just think I do, but if you really thought about it and were well versed with all the contexts and subject matter I speak of you would see that I am actually well grounded.

Crazy people always think they make perfect sense

dio

What didn't make sense about that?

Seriously guys, you can be like "I didnt understand what you meant here, could you explain it better?"

Dont be like "I DONT GET IT, CRAZY".

SemperFly

Quote:
But from all my experience, it seems very obvious to me
that's the crux of it right there. you have no experience or knowledge, merely delusional thoughts that you confirm with your lack of reasonable analysis

it's not that anyone doesn't "get it", it's that the shit you come up with is retarded. your hallucinations are the product of fucking your brain up with drugs, moron. there's nothing spiritual or magical or extradimensional about it, you fried your fucking brain with chemicals

dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
that's the crux of it right there. you have no experience or knowledge, merely delusional thoughts that you confirm with your lack of reasonable analysis

it's not that anyone doesn't "get it", it's that the shit you come up with is retarded. your hallucinations are the product of fucking your brain up with drugs, moron. there's nothing spiritual or magical or extradimensional about it, you fried your fucking brain with chemicals

This is why I keep saying you guys are not comprehending what I am saying, or are just avoiding to comprehend it?

Nothing in my post insinuated the actual mechanics of what is occuring as being 'spiritual', 'magical' or 'extradimensional'. You know it's really quite silly to tell someone they are stupid for saying something but then blatantly make it appear like you didn't even understand what they said... You know atleast TheMorlock just straight up says "ITS JUST RANDOM WORDS STRUNG TOGETHER" and doesn't pretend like he even understood them.

Also to assert the visual hallucinatory function of the brain as a product of 'malfunction' is really just silly. It is this same function of the brain that is in operation when you see things while dreaming. The visual hallucinatory function of the mind is a perfectly healthy function that exists in everyones brain. Yes it may be 'out of place' to have that function activated in waking life, I mean perhaps you could even call it a 'malfunction', but the existence of the visual hallucinatory function of the mind is NOT the product of 'malfunction', its an innate function in everyones brain. Just most people have it's usage VERY strictly sanctioned off to when they are in a deep sleep.