General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
What if the earth is just our baby crib?

So many people seem to think 'lets save the earth, this is our home'. But what if our purpose is to actually destroy the earth? What if the earth is just our gestation area, our baby crib. What if we are actually inherently a space bound species and the instincts that run through us that currently are (MAYBE) making this planet uninhabitable and destroying it, what if thats not from us just 'being messy and ignorant of the environment', what if the deep bound instinct that is making us ruin this planet, what if thats there so as to force us to get our act together and get into space.

What if feeling remorse for the destruction of the earth is like a chicken feeling remorse for cracking it's own egg?

WHAT IF!?!?!?
Old 06-18-2011, 09:11 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Gibonius
 
Babbling thread is babbling.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:11 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#2  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
This is a serious question worthy of serious answers.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:12 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#3  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
What if there's some other forum where you should post in, and this forum is just a gestation area where your thread privs should be removed
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 06-18-2011, 09:15 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4  

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you
 
Vendetta's Avatar
 
What if you weren't fucking crazy.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:17 PM Vendetta is offline  
Reply With Quote
#5  

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you
 
Vendetta's Avatar
 
Go jump out into space and see how quickly you adapt.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:17 PM Vendetta is offline  
Reply With Quote
#6  

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you
 
Vendetta's Avatar
 
FUCKING CHRIST HOW DO YOU COME UP WITH SUCH STUPID BULLSHIT
Old 06-18-2011, 09:18 PM Vendetta is offline  
Reply With Quote
#7  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
FUCKING CHRIST HOW DO YOU COME UP WITH SUCH STUPID BULLSHIT

I think this is a very good question to ponder.

THINK about it, any species which recognizes an environment as 'home' inherently adapts to a symbiotic relationship with that environment.

The fact that it is not our innate instinct to symbiotically interact with the earth signifies to me that at some level, we instinctively are not recognizing earth as 'home'.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:22 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#8  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
What if there's some other forum where you should post in, and this forum is just a gestation area where your thread privs should be removed

I post on other forums.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:23 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#9  

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you
 
Vendetta's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
I think this is a very good question to ponder.

THINK about it, any species which recognizes an environment as 'home' inherently adapts to a symbiotic relationship with that environment.

The fact that it is not our innate instinct to symbiotically interact with the earth signifies to me that at some level, we instinctively are not recognizing earth as 'home'.

Our ancestors down the evolutionary ladder didn't look up in space and think "THATS OUR REAL HOME", probably because it didn't make any fucking sense.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:30 PM Vendetta is offline  
Reply With Quote
#10  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Just when I thought it couldn't get worse, you go and get yourself refried-tarded.
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 06-18-2011, 09:33 PM joemama is online now  
Reply With Quote
#11  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
I think this is a very good question to ponder.

THINK about it, any species which recognizes an environment as 'home' inherently adapts to a symbiotic relationship with that environment.

The fact that it is not our innate instinct to symbiotically interact with the earth signifies to me that at some level, we instinctively are not recognizing earth as 'home'.

Unsupported statements are unsupported.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:34 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#12  

Mooninites
 
Mooninites's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
I post on other forums.

God help them
__________________
Mooninites unite!
Old 06-18-2011, 09:46 PM Mooninites is offline  
Reply With Quote
#13  

Sabbster]#
I have a huge penis.
 
Sabbster]#'s Avatar
 
Old 06-18-2011, 09:48 PM Sabbster]# is offline  
Reply With Quote
#14  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
Unsupported statements are unsupported.

Gibonius, you seem like one of the few people on here who actually take time to mull an idea around in your head, apply a bit of your own thought to it and generally seem to be more intelligent than the average genmayer.

Now with that said, my prior statement of:
Any species which recognizes an environment as 'home' inherently adapts to a symbiotic relationship with that environment.

You say, unsupported statement?

Why?

Such a statement is something that I believe, someone who thought about it for a few minutes, would come to the conclusion that it is fairly plausible. No hard evidence may exist, but a good understanding of a wide range of species their habits and the natural world, I think it's not too ridiculous to conclude once youve thought about it, such a statement may hold a certain level of truth. You being a person who I see tend to think about things more than others, I would not of expected you to flat out say unsupported.

This is really a pet peeve of mine with hardcore scientific rational atheists, is when they state unsupported or ask for evidence to things that, with some thought of their own, could conclude that there may be some plausibility to it. I tend to think most scientific rational atheists are just lazy and this is why they ask for 'evidence' to things that really only require some thought, they are lazy in thought so they just ask for evidence so they don't have to think about it.

In the past you did not strike me as just too intellectually lazy to think about things.

So I am really wondering, what exactly about that proposition just puts into the portion of your brain of "Not possible at all, no plausibility, only willing to consider or really think about it when a scientist of certain stature states it as true".

You know you can come to some fairly accurate and truthful thoughts by just thinking about things, what about that statement disallows it from being a general truth that can be reached by just some understanding and thought?
Old 06-18-2011, 09:48 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#15  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:16 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.